What's new

2021 Free Agency

Ariza too.
Jazz (and really all small/middle market teams) can’t win in free agency. Large market and warm weather coastal teams get players beating down the doors to play on minimum deals, and literally everyone else overpays for UFAs.

Best to build using the draft and trades, and then hope you can re-sign the guys you’ve drafted or traded for.

Danny Ainge must be lobbying to trade Joe. It doesn't make sense unless he pissed everyone off somehow. He's probably our third best player.

Dwight and Ellington are good signings for Lakers. Not sure about Ariza but not a risk anyways.

Spacing may be unsalvageable, though.

Asking price for Joe should be steep. If you don’t get a godfather offer, you keep Joe.

The bad karma of a Joe trade is something to fear. There is no player that fits the Jazz ethos more than Joe Ingles. But if Kuminga or Moody is part of it, I think you gotta do it.

Last edited:
Danny Ainge must be lobbying to trade Joe. It doesn't make senses unless he pissed everyone off somehow.
It makes a ton of sense. Ingles is aging & is lacking in areas the Jazz need to add some talent.
The Jazz will also be over the cap again next season and Ingles contract falls off. They can trade him now for someone on a multi year deal they get that player on the team next season when otherwise Ingles would just be gone and then they have nothing.

The Lakers signing all these guys on minimums or have they used up TPMLE? Rudy Gay still out there. I don’t think I’ve seen Nets use MLE yet.