What's new

2021 NBA Draft Preview (new thread)

My prediction is this medical issue is cleared for Butler, but that it scares people off... DL takes him because he loves him some Baylor basketball and has some insider knowledge.

Tre Mann from Fla. was a bit under the radar earlier in the year, but is probably rising. His ability to shoot off the dribble from deep and hit mid-range floaters makes him well suited to play combo at the NBA level.

Isaiah Todd came out a bit bigger and longer than I anticipated. Would love to get him too if he falls into the 2nd round. Not sure I'm there with him at 30.

I think he's an early 2nd-round guy--e.g., mid-30s. I think you're kind of hoping he can be a middle-class version of MPJ. I believe in his shooting touch. He needs to get in the paint and be willing to rebound and defend, but he may add this as he adds strength.

I believe in Jaden Springer as a high-level guard at the next level. It's the way he moves with the ball, his balance and body control, that makes me think he can make plays with advanced timing. Also has adequate size and athleticism for a combo, at 6'4"+ in shoes. He's the kind of versatile guard that could play next to Mitchell and play different styles.

Filip Petrusev is a 6'11" PF/C with a pretty versatile inside-outside offensive game. The question I have is whether he can play the 4 in a big lineup with Rudy. If he can, he might be a good play. He plays a face-up game and shoots from distance well enough. It's just a question of how well he guards out on the floor. Otherwise, he'd give the Jazz a secondary rim protector and some rebounding when Rudy gets pulled away. He's more mobile than Domantas Sabonis and is a better shooter from distance, and this makes it more likely he can play minutes at the 4.

I prefer Roko due to Roko's handle, driving and playmaking.

I think people sometimes forget how physical he was at Gonzaga.

Last edited:
Greg Brown from Texas is a 6'8" athletic wing with big-time energy and bounce. He's a bit raw and sometimes looks like a deer on ice skates, but his physical talent is undeniable. His measurables are equivalent to Trey Murphy's. The difference is that Murphy is a better shooter and more disciplined defender at this stage, while Brown is a year younger and more explosive. I'd expect that early on Brown will come off the bench to provide energy and defense (similar to Jared Vanderbilt with Minnesota) while his body and offensive game continue to develop.

Charles Bassey or bust. I would love seeing him play PF for us. He can play defense yet be stretch 4 and can also score in the paint.

JT Thor is an interesting forward prospect from Auburn. At 6'9" with a 7'3" wingspan, Thor has the size and length to guard 4s and 5s, while being mobile enough to switch onto most wings. He's very young (18) and needs to fill out (only 205 lbs), but he has a ton of potential. He's shown nice touch on catch-and-shoot jumpers. While he hasn't shown consistency at this point, it appears to be a skill he can readily develop.

Thor is testing as a good athlete with a 3.06-sec. 3/4-court sprint and a 35" max vertical to go along with his 9'2" standing reach.

Nope. Hate left handed shooters. They remind me of CJ miles and Rodney hood. They suck

Cavs looking into trades for the pick apparently. Allen and #3 for Gobert is interesting. Would love Mitchell just for the memes and how badly we need perimeter defense. But if we had a pick that high probably need to go with Suggs or Green.

Gobert could elevate Cleveland to a playoff team.

Lotto results worked out pretty well for us... was worried the thunder would land a couple ridiculous picks. Didn’t want the warriors to move up #7 pick doesn’t have enough trade value to get them much.

Jazz will need to take a hard look at Brandon Boston from UK. He was a top-7 recruit coming out of high school and had a mediocre freshman season. He was recruited by UK, Duke, Auburn and Florida. In some ways, his situation is a bit similar to Jaden McDaniels' last year. Boston is a 6'6" / 190-lb wing with some handle, wiggle and touch. He can score in a variety of ways and also break the paint and make a play with the pass. Defensively, he has some length and good anticipation in passing lanes.

Drafting at #30, it's hard to see the Jazz having a chance to draft another player as dynamic as Boston. His freshman stats aren't good, but there's a lot of talent there to develop, and the Jazz would have him for 4 years on late-1st rookie-scale. Picture a 6'6" Jordan Clarkson with more length and defense. I actually feel a bit better about Boston right now than Ziaire Williams. Boston posted a 36.5" max vertical at UK Pro Day this year. He should be able to impact games with his length and athleticism.

Last edited: