What's new

2021 NBA Draft Preview (new thread)

these threads died with draftexpress.com! it's correlated! yall wanna blame me but the parrots around here no longer have that place to get their cues from..

Im from New York and have a better grasp on the best amatuer players in Utah than all the locals on this site.. ya know what u should do? dont inform urself, dont do something exhausting like use google, instead get mad, get mad at me!

aim that bitterness of being treated like a doormat like the jazz do by the western conferences elite at me!

The discourse ive always tried to open here is; how can the resources at hand be used to accomplish lofty goals?

yall prefer blind faith tho

your ****ing heros are trey burke n gordon hayward then u ****ing villefy them when ur personal performance expectations arent met... and im the ******* hahaha...

now that other people are talking about JT thor we talk about JT Thor... thats how it goes around here! THERES NOTHING OBJECTIVE ABOUT THIS, its a popularity contest..

I could post the next donovan mitchell in one of the draftees threads n yall dont give a **** cuz hes not a part of "YOUR TEAM"

the team u pay to go and see..

doesnt sound like its your team to me hahahaha... sites filled with territorial jerks who dont know basketball and when pressed cant wait to explain why they dont really give a ****..

Mitchell is gonna leave too! and Rudy! U got 4 seasons to fix this mess, thats not enough time. These are not the players of the Jazz decade, just the first half of it n then yall r gonna have to face them..

N then yall will b back at square one again.. with nothing to show for it

Is he athletic enough? Can he defend nba players? Or was he just a good college scorer? Those are my questions.
Utah just loves slow footed unathletic players remember? Ingles, Niang and Bojan so they'd definitely love this pick. However, Juzang will probably already be gone by the time Utah selects. Utah might just trade their pick, who knows.

Last edited:
He was a bit of a project.. but his brother doing well should have been a little bit of an indicator that it wasn't as big of a gamble as you might think.

If you wanted upside McDaniels was the clear bet. If you wanted a guy that will be a rotation player right away and has some upside... Bane was the guy. We drafted another center that will hopefully be ready for backup duty in 3 years. Nailed it.
This...

I know I'm biased, but we need

Josh Primo - young, comprehensive potential

Herbert Jones - might be the best perimeter defender in the draft. Terrible shooter, but good teammate, passer, rebounder and defender.

Sent from my SM-A516U using JazzFanz mobile app

There's a legit chance that Brandon Boston can play as a 3D wing with offensive upside, even if he's not a lead on-ball creator. For a team that spent a #5 pick and 5 years trying to develop Dante Exum, the Jazz ought to be willing to take a flier on Boston. His freshman year compares well with Mikal Bridges' freshman and sophomore seasons, for example.

There's a legit chance that Brandon Boston can play as a 3D wing with offensive upside, even if he's not a lead on-ball creator. For a team that spent a #5 pick and 5 years trying to develop Dante Exum, the Jazz ought to be willing to take a flier on Boston. His freshman year compares well with Mikal Bridges' freshman and sophomore seasons, for example.

Compare well? Nova was awesome. UK sucked. Bridges had a TS% of 63.3%. Boston’s was a beyond absurdly bad 44.7%. He shot a laughably bad 35.5% from the floor.

Compare well? Nova was awesome. UK sucked. Bridges had a TS% of 63.3%. Boston’s was a beyond absurdly bad 44.7%. He shot a laughably bad 35.5% from the floor.

Go look at Mikal Bridges' freshman and sophomore seasons and get back to me. He entered the draft after his junior year.

I just provided his freshman year stats you dumbass. The two aren’t comparable.

As a freshman, Bridges came off the bench and averaged 6 pts / 3 rebs, shooting 30% from 3pt.
As a freshman, Boston started, played with high usage and averaged 14 pts / 5 rebs, shooting 30% from 3pt.
And yeah, Villanova was a much better team than UK.

Boston could absolutely develop into a Mikal Bridges-caliber player.