What's new

2021 NBA Draft Preview (new thread)

Bones Hyland says he's worked out for the Jazz.
Jazz reportedly interviewed Miles McBride at the Combine.
Ayo Dosunmu says he's interviewed with 13 teams. I'd assume the Jazz are one of them.
Jazz have reportedly shown some interest in Tyson Etienne, a 6'2" guard from Wichita State.

Last edited:
This seems like a good draft to have an extra pick somewhere in the early second. Would like to see a team like NOP be willing to sell a 2nd round pick so we can take a flyer on someone with some upside.

hope the Jazz get this kid. He's like Ben Simmons with a shot.

I'm in on Bleijenberg. I haven't see official measurements, but reportedly he's 6'10" / 208 lbs and with a 7'2" wingspan. In other words, he's not a complete waif. If that measurement is accurate, he'd also have nearly the same length as Andrei Kirilenko. If he can add strength and work on his defensive technique, he can switch and be disruptive defensively. He's really agile and appears to play with a high motor. He also should be able to create with the ball, and his passing over the top of the defense could be a game changer.

Replacing Bogey with JT Thor completely changes this franchise. He and Gobert would eat scorers alive. Or bring him off the bench for energy and shot blocking.

Replacing Bogey with JT Thor completely changes this franchise. He and Gobert would eat scorers alive. Or bring him off the bench for energy and shot blocking.
I think Thor got a promise from someone hence why he's pulling back from everything.

Pretty sure we drafted Doka first then signed favors.
Yes and that is why the move seems even worse. The Jazz seem to make this a tradition when they draft people and then bring a vet in that plays the same position. How do you find out if the rookie can play and improve if he is sitting on the bench. They should have given Favors a shorter deal instead of 3 years. So when Favors contract isn't Udoka close to or up for a new contract. So you have to decide to give him a new contract without even playing him. It makes no sense unless your reason is to keep Udoka value low. As a fan it is just frustrating and I believe why the Jazz are just good enough but not great.

best regular season* team in the NBA. If they were the best team in basketball they'd still be playing. Hop the **** off of the front offices knob
Not necessarily. Injuries can make the best team not the best team anymore. Bad luck can happen to the best team as well

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

Giving the full MLE to Favors then drafting another center when there are other holes on the roster then giving the center you already have $200m is absolutely a choke job. **** out of here.
So you are saying they weren't perfect. I agree. They were just really really good. I believe DL finished second in the league for executive of the year. 2nd isn't horrible

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

Dont ya think if u dont really watch the players play then u just cram on other peoples opinions/reports you'll b suffering from HEAPING AMOUNTS OF RECENCY BIAS?

how do u avoid those pitfalls?

I actually watch a ton of games so I genuinely wouldnt know how to answer that question. Any experts here care to shed some light?

See how fast JT Thor situation went from "I dont care" to now "Are we too late? Did someone else land/promise him first?"

in that haste moving to and fro from extreme to extreme, there's gotta b massive gaping room for human error no? seems like something that'd be extremely vulnerable to recency bias..

n the sources u get ur info from are businesses, whos first priority is protecting their own business, right? not informing u to the best of their knowledge