Rookie Wire (USA Today) — Miles McBride | 6’2” PG | Auburn​

Bleacher Report — Aaron Henry | 6’6” SF | Michigan State

SI.com — Terrence Shannon | 6’6” SF | Texas Tech

Yahoo — Trey Murphy III | 6’9” SF | Virginia​

NBA Draft Room — Isaiah Todd | 6’10” PF | G-League Ignite​

The Athletic's Sam Vecenie

30. Utah Jazz​

Ayo Dosunmu | 6-5 guard | 21 years old, junior | Illinois

The player: Dosunmu was one of the best players in college basketball this past season, posting 20 points, six rebounds and five assists while leading Illinois to a terrific season. Simply put, he’s pro-ready and should be able to make an impact early due to his athleticism, vision, defensive ability, length and poise. Having said that, I can tell you there are scouts who are not enamored with him because of his jumper. He hit 39 percent this past season on under 100 attempts, and over the course of his career, he’s hit 34.5 percent of his 300-plus 3-point attempts. It’s a bit of a wonky shot mechanically that scouts worry about in terms of consistency. Teams also aren’t sure if he’s a lead guard or an off-guard from a vision and play-making perspective. But he’s also considered a leader and a high-character kid, so there is some faith he’ll keep improving.

The fit: The Jazz’s defense struggled in the playoffs in part because of a lack of foot speed. It’s not Rudy Gobert, even though he got the blame. Guys like Bojan Bogdanovic, Joe Ingles and Georges Niang are smart and solid within the scheme, but once the opponent breaks that — which always happens in the playoffs at some point — the Jazz don’t have many great scramble defenders who can recover everywhere. Royce O’Neale, Donovan Mitchell and Mike Conley are good, though they could use another strong on-ball defender who has athleticism and can fly around the court. Throw in that Dosunmu is ready to be a part of an NBA rotation now, and it’s a solid plan for the Jazz if he gets here.

So it looks Jazz will have some decent choices at #30
They just have to pick someone who can contribute right away
Not sure if Jazz pick BPA or for need
They need help at just about every position except maybe SG
Tough choice coming up They only have one pick right now
Can't waste this pick

The Athletic's Sam Vecenie

30. Utah Jazz​

Ayo Dosunmu | 6-5 guard | 21 years old, junior | Illinois

The player: Dosunmu was one of the best players in college basketball this past season, posting 20 points, six rebounds and five assists while leading Illinois to a terrific season. Simply put, he’s pro-ready and should be able to make an impact early due to his athleticism, vision, defensive ability, length and poise. Having said that, I can tell you there are scouts who are not enamored with him because of his jumper. He hit 39 percent this past season on under 100 attempts, and over the course of his career, he’s hit 34.5 percent of his 300-plus 3-point attempts. It’s a bit of a wonky shot mechanically that scouts worry about in terms of consistency. Teams also aren’t sure if he’s a lead guard or an off-guard from a vision and play-making perspective. But he’s also considered a leader and a high-character kid, so there is some faith he’ll keep improving.

The fit: The Jazz’s defense struggled in the playoffs in part because of a lack of foot speed. It’s not Rudy Gobert, even though he got the blame. Guys like Bojan Bogdanovic, Joe Ingles and Georges Niang are smart and solid within the scheme, but once the opponent breaks that — which always happens in the playoffs at some point — the Jazz don’t have many great scramble defenders who can recover everywhere. Royce O’Neale, Donovan Mitchell and Mike Conley are good, though they could use another strong on-ball defender who has athleticism and can fly around the court. Throw in that Dosunmu is ready to be a part of an NBA rotation now, and it’s a solid plan for the Jazz if he gets here.

Dosunmu is a good fit for the Jazz. He's long, athletic and plays hard on both ends of the court. Not sure how effective he'll be playing off the ball though.

Last edited:
New thread without all the spamming from PGAB... Jazz draft at #30 and traded away their 2RP from Golden State for Matt Thomas (a questionable move, imo).

NBA Combine Measurements just posted -- https://www.nba.com/stats/draft/combine-anthro/

Guards who may be available in the Jazz's range: Tre Mann (unlikely), Jaden Springer (unlikely), Ayo Dosunmu, Brandon Boston, Shariffe Cooper, Cam Thomas, Joel Ayayi, Josh Christopher, Jared Butler, David Johnson

Wings who may be available in the Jazz's range: Roko Prkacin (unlikely), Trey Murphy III, JT Thor, Greg Brown, Marcus Bagley, Isaiah Todd, Terrence Shannon, Herbert Jones

Bigs who may be available in the Jazz's range: Filip Petrusev, Neemias Queta, ...?

Overall, I like Springer, Roko, Boston and Murphy. I'm intrigued by Thor, but think he's a couple years away from contributing regularly.
Thor is 100% a project, but he’s going to be an absolute stud at some point. Just not sure we can wait that long on him. I may be a little biased because I’m an Auburn fan, but he has the tools.

Thor is 100% a project, but he’s going to be an absolute stud at some point. Just not sure we can wait that long on him. I may be a little biased because I’m an Auburn fan, but he has the tools.

I think the Jazz's defensive outlook would change entirely if the Jazz had a secondary rim protector who could play on the floor with Rudy. So when Rudy goes out on the floor to guard an action, there's another guy who can help defend the rim or use his length to deter ball movement. Now the Jazz wouldn't give up layups if Rudy is out of position. If the Jazz are going to play a small backcourt, I think this becomes all but necessary.

JT Thor's potential is really, really high. His measurables are near Anthony Davis territory.

Last edited:
Giving the full MLE to Favors then drafting another center when there are other holes on the roster then giving the center you already have $200m is absolutely a choke job. **** out of here.
Just think of being the front office and assembling a team who exceeded everyone's expectations and achieves the number 1 overall seed in the playoffs for finishing the season with the best record only to have some jackass on the internet call you a moron.

Just think of being the front office and assembling a team who exceeded everyone's expectations and achieves the number 1 overall seed in the playoffs for finishing the season with the best record only to have some jackass on the internet call you a moron.
Hang the ****ing banner we got the number 1 seed with the best regular season record whoopity ****ing doo. The Jazz still got exposed in the 2nd round.
No one cares how good you are in the regular season if you don't walk away with a ring see the 73-9 Warriors.
The team as constructed is not good enough. That is on the front office end of conversation.

Hang the ****ing banner we got the number 1 seed with the best regular season record whoopity ****ing doo. The Jazz still got exposed in the 2nd round.
No one cares how good you are in the regular season if you don't walk away with a ring see the 73-9 Warriors.
The team as constructed is not good enough. That is on the front office end of conversation.
Didnt that warriors team make it to the finals?

Weren't they up 3-2 against the Cavs?

Didn't they lose to Lebron in 7 only after Draymon was suspended for game 6 and Kyrie and Lebron went nuclear for 2 straight games?

Wasn’t that the series where Lebron made a championship winning block on Iggy?

That's what the internet is for, to give a voice to the disenfranchised jackasses of the world.

You act as if the Jazz have a storied franchise like the Lakers or Celtics. The idea that the front office should be fired and the Jazz can do better is simply you regurgitating **** you hear on ESPN about other franchises.

No ****, Sherlock. The Jazz lost. It doesn't mean anything unless it's a ring. Come back down to reality a little bit though. You're talking about the Jazz.

That's what the internet is for, to give a voice to the disenfranchised jackasses of the world.
The idea that there are so many better people for the front office, coaching and playing roles is cute and ignorant.

Sadly, this past year may be the best year we see from the Jazz in the next 20 years.

I wish I could sit over these jack asses shoulders at work and critique them and demand their firing for their short comings.

The Jazz choked. 100%. The Jazz are the Jazz. You'd think people would know what that means. You'd think.

The dissonance in this post is wild.
Out of all 3, the front office is least to blame for this year's playoff loss. If you disagree, please, feel free to explain.

The Jazz, to me, obviously had the right pieces. They had home court advantage, were deep, and could have done so much more, but didn't.

I'm not saying there's no blame for everyone, but this guy is calling for the front office to be fired. Lol

If the Jazz replace Georges Niang with Roko Prkacin, JT Thor or Trey Murphy, that's a win.

If the Jazz replace Trent Forrest with Ayo Dosunmu, Brandon Boston or David Johnson, that's also a win.

To get a higher-caliber player than that, the Jazz would likely have to move up in the draft.