What's new

2021 NBA Draft Preview (new thread)

Luka Garza losing 30 lbs is hilarious to me.

I guess being huge and bulky is kind of a positive in college ball, but you'd think a player like him would have gotten into better shape during his college career.

Ya know why the draft is insignifigant? it's because the Jazz are OVER-EQUIPPED FOR THE JOB of bringing home the bacon/championship

Here's my theory; The Jazz is over-equipped for the task at hand, the front office has done an exemplary job, their resourcefulness and efficiency is unrivaled...

its simply the refs holding them back... and BAD LUCK... it's just bad luck!

So dont worry bout the draft or the personnel, they employ the brightest minds in the business n yall should bow down n pay ur respects, to greatness. keep the blind faith strong yall.

Damn it, time to start another new thread. ****ing guy having a breakdown.

Does anyone here know where I can buy a peice of the ground that Dennis Lindsey walks on? so i can keep it in plain sight in my office for motivation?

JT Thor is an interesting forward prospect from Auburn. At 6'9" with a 7'3" wingspan, Thor has the size and length to guard 4s and 5s, while being mobile enough to switch onto most wings. He's very young (18) and needs to fill out (only 205 lbs), but he has a ton of potential. He's shown nice touch on catch-and-shoot jumpers. While he hasn't shown consistency at this point, it appears to be a skill he can readily develop.

Thor is testing as a good athlete with a 3.06-sec. 3/4-court sprint and a 35" max vertical to go along with his 9'2" standing reach.

Ive been posting about JT thor on this site since he was barely ranked in the top100 . posted bout his recruitment n reclassifications n such.

Kevin Huerter remember him from years back? I posted bout him on a similar timeframe, they were ranked similarly n i was similalry confused bout their rankings... He just dropped 27 in a clinching series win to take his team to the conference finals...

Castles/Kingdoms rise and fall each season n yall r still sitting here singing the same old song hahahahhaah I LOVE IT...

steeped in mediocrity around here n yall love it! hahahha yall love being defiant losers

David Johnson from Louisville seems to be underrated in a number of mocks, imo. I think he should go in the top 35 range. He's a quality passer and playmaker with enough size, length and athleticism to get into the paint and make a variety of plays, including finishes at the rim. He's a good defender who can switch up to wings and should become a reliable shooter. One other thing I like is his penchant for going after offensive rebounds.

Measured out at 6'5" in shoes w/ a 6'10" wing span. His game is so smooth that he's actually a better athlete than he looks. He registered one of the best times in the 3/4-court sprint (3.03 sec), to go with a 39" max vertical. Great measurables for a point guard who can complement Mitchell. He shot just under 39% from 3pt last season.

If he drops to the late 2nd round, it's a no-brainer to pick him up.

Last edited:
I like him, is he available on the 2nd round? I'm hoping we'll acquire a pick.
I'd take him with our first round pick.

I don't know a lot about him, I just know a baller when I see one. That kid has a high ceiling and the Jazz are pretty good at developing.

The stupidity? Mmmkay.

It's not like they put together a team with the best record in the league or anything.

Dumb comment.

Do better.
Best record in the league that went out sad in the 2nd round so that great record means jack ****.
And the comment is in regards to them not only doubling down but they triple downed last year on traditional centers which is why I say their stupidity knows no bounds. I would not be shocked if they used their first and quadruple downed on big men.

Dumb comment.

Do better.

buncha casuals only care bout the draft unless Utah's eliminated from the playoffs hahahhahahhahahhaa
I enjoy your player analysis but I mean you are on a Utah Jazz fan forum so yeah 99.9% of people here aren't going to care about the draft until there's no more Jazz basketball to watch. I really don't know what you else you'd expect lol

Best record in the league that went out sad in the 2nd round so that great record means jack ****.
And the comment is in regards to them not only doubling down but they triple downed last year on traditional centers which is why I say their stupidity knows no bounds. I would not be shocked if they used their first and quadruple downed on big men.

Dumb comment.

Do better.
That was the team and the coach, moron.

The front office put the best team in the NBA together and you're gonna diss them? Mmmkay.

best regular season* team in the NBA. If they were the best team in basketball they'd still be playing. Hop the **** off of the front offices knob
The point is, you think the front office choked and don't understand why that's such a lazy and ignorant thing to say.

You can't do better. You don't know how.

Gawd damn it.

The point is, you think the front office choked and don't understand why that's such a lazy and ignorant thing to say.

You can't do better. You don't know how.

Gawd damn it.
Giving the full MLE to Favors then drafting another center when there are other holes on the roster then giving the center you already have $200m is absolutely a choke job. **** out of here.

Here's the Jazz pick from various mocks:

SB Nation
— J.T. Thor | 6’9” PF | Auburn​

ESPN — Miles McBride | 6’2” PG | Auburn​

CBS — Josh Christopher | 6’4” SG | Arizona State

NBC — Jeremiah Robinson-Earl | 6’9” PF | Villanova

Rookie Wire (USA Today) — Miles McBride | 6’2” PG | Auburn​

Bleacher Report — Aaron Henry | 6’6” SF | Michigan State

SI.com — Terrence Shannon | 6’6” SF | Texas Tech

Yahoo — Trey Murphy III | 6’9” SF | Virginia​

NBA Draft Room — Isaiah Todd | 6’10” PF | G-League Ignite​