What's new

2021 NBA Draft Preview (new thread)

Ferguson_Mellochill

2019 Prediction Contest Winner
Jazz draft at #30 and traded away their 2RP from Golden State for Matt Thomas (a questionable move, imo).

The NBA Draft is July 29th.

NBA Combine Measurements just posted -- https://www.nba.com/stats/draft/combine-anthro/

Guards who may be available in the Jazz's range: Tre Mann (unlikely), Jaden Springer (unlikely), Ayo Dosunmu, Brandon Boston, Shariffe Cooper, Cam Thomas, Joel Ayayi, Josh Christopher, Jared Butler, David Johnson

Wings who may be available in the Jazz's range: Roko Prkacin (unlikely), Trey Murphy III, JT Thor, Greg Brown, Marcus Bagley, Isaiah Todd, Terrence Shannon, Herbert Jones

Bigs who may be available in the Jazz's range: Filip Petrusev, Neemias Queta, ...?

Overall, I like Springer, Roko and Murphy. I'm intrigued by Thor, but think he's a couple years away from contributing regularly.

Last edited:
Roko Prkacin is a legit 6'8" / 225-lb big wing from Croatia. He's a good athlete with some toughness and propensity for getting downhill and attacking the rim. He can handle with either hand and shows vision as a passer. If he can improve his shooting and sharpen his ability to create in pick-and-roll, he has some potential to be a triple-threat wing and secondary playmaker. Questions are his shooting stroke, how well he'll be able to guard in space and generally how he adapts to NBA speed. His 6'11" wingspan should help his defense.

Historically, this would be the type of player the Jazz really like, and he's one of the youngest players in the draft at only 18 years old. He moves a little more fluidly than Franz Wagner (who, like some German people, is a bit stiff in the hips), and quite frankly, I would put Roko on the same tier as Wagner.

Also, if you make a small adjustment for age entering the draft, Roko is a better draft prospect than Marcus Morris and Dario Saric were.

Last edited:
I thought I was the only one tired of seeing him talk to himself and hype up every single player so he can come back years later and say he was hyping them first.

He was caught editing comments from previous drafts because of how bad some of his takes were and he never mentions the huge amount of prospects he’s been wrong on. The all-time greatest is Alex Len was the best prospect he’s ever rated all-time lol.

Trey Murphy III is a 6'9" two-way wing from Virginia. He's a long, versatile defender with a reliable 3pt stroke (43%). He's shown flashes of being able to put the ball down and make a play going to the rim, enough to make me think he has some untapped offensive potential going forward. It wouldn't surprise me if he's passed Greg Brown in the draft order. He should go in the mid-late 1st round.

JT Thor is an interesting forward prospect from Auburn. At 6'9" with a 7'3" wingspan, Thor has the size and length to guard 4s and 5s, while being mobile enough to switch onto most wings. He's very young (18) and needs to fill out (only 205 lbs), but he has a ton of potential. He's shown nice touch on catch-and-shoot jumpers. While he hasn't shown consistency at this point, it appears to be a skill he can readily develop.

Thor is testing as a good athlete with a 3.06-sec. 3/4-court sprint and a 35" max vertical to go along with his 9'2" standing reach.

Last edited:
Marcus Bagley (Marvin Bagley's younger brother) is a 6'7" / 215-lb. athletic wing with a 6'11" wingspan. He has the tools to be a nice 3D player. However, he was inconsistent at ASU, where there wasn't much ball movement and multiple players played selfishly. He has some ability to drive to the rim and has shown the ability to pass the ball, though not a great deal of willingness.

Bagley might be the Cam Reddish of this draft. Tools are there. Work ethic and motor are question marks.

Trendon Wadford had impressive measurements. Definitely someone who would be interesting to try a development project into a small ball 5.

Joe Wieskamp 42 inch vertical lmfao.

We got a high level college shooter for 3 years. Very good length. Elite vertical burst (though he's not like that like that in game, but he has put some people on a poster).

He might be in 30th pick territory now.

anyone else catch the Jared Butler news? Wonder what health condition he has. Sucks.

He's a guy I really liked but think he'd be gone 10 picks ahead of us.

New thread without all the spamming from PGAB... Jazz draft at #30 and traded away their 2RP from Golden State for Matt Thomas (a questionable move, imo).

NBA Combine Measurements just posted -- https://www.nba.com/stats/draft/combine-anthro/

Guards who may be available in the Jazz's range: Tre Mann (unlikely), Jaden Springer (unlikely), Ayo Dosunmu, Shariffe Cooper, Cam Thomas, Joel Ayayi, Josh Christopher, Jared Butler, David Johnson

Wings who may be available in the Jazz's range: Roko Prkacin (unlikely), Trey Murphy III, JT Thor, Greg Brown, Marcus Bagley, Isaiah Todd, Terrence Shannon, Herbert Jones

Bigs who may be available in the Jazz's range: Filip Petrusev, Neemias Queta, ...?

I would like Jaden Springer from your list.

New thread without all the spamming from PGAB... Jazz draft at #30 and traded away their 2RP from Golden State for Matt Thomas (a questionable move, imo).

Guards who may be available in the Jazz's range: Tre Mann (unlikely), Jaden Springer (unlikely), Ayo Dosunmu, Shariffe Cooper, Cam Thomas, Joel Ayayi, Josh Christopher, Jared Butler, David Johnson

I think JT Thor, Springer, Cooper, and Christopher are the only ones on that list who are definitely out of range.

Roko is still listed as late 1st/early 2nd by most, and is often available past 30. I expect a rise too, but it isnt certain.

JT Thor is an interesting forward prospect from Auburn. At 6'9" with a 7'3" wingspan, Thor has the size and length to guard 4s and 5s, while being mobile enough to switch onto most wings. He's very young (18) and needs to fill out (only 205 lbs), but he has a ton of potential. He's shown nice touch on catch-and-shoot jumpers. While he hasn't shown consistency at this point, it appears to be a skill he can readily develop.

Thor has a higher likelihood of going lottery than lasting to 30.

I doubt Roko gets past 25. If he fell we should jump on that.

I also like Amar Sylla a lot. Elite tools, can switch and defend 2-4 and potentially PGs as well. Highly athletic and we need someone who can run on open court. Shooting and drives are there but need to get better. He can't break down defenses but when he sees gaps his length and athleticism will help him a ton around the rim.

Raiquan Gray. His combo of strength and athleticism is rare and he is solid defensively, smart on offense and multi-dimensional. I am not sure if he can defend on perimeter in the NBA but nice steal numbers and he needs to become a better shooter but he is very intriguing.

Miles Mcbride seems to shoot well and would be excellent against POA. That's a good prototype to stay in the league.