What's new

2023 JazzFanz Annual Current Players Draft

I’m probably not going to win, but I like how my team is built - it’s how I try to build my teams in real life. A lead guard for the staring lineup and one for the bench, a defensive center and an enforcer to back him up, and then a bunch of wings/forwards to mix and match with.

G - Mitchell / Young
W - Tatum / Mathurin
W - Randle / Johnson
F - Wembanyama / Collins
C - Kessler / Adams

I’m probably not going to win, but I like how my team is built - it’s how I try to build my teams in real life. A lead guard for the staring lineup and one for the bench, a defensive center and an enforcer to back him up, and then a bunch of wings/forwards to mix and match with.

G - Mitchell / Young
W - Tatum / Mathurin
W - Randle / Johnson
F - Wembanyama / Collins
C - Kessler / Adams

Wow, I hate it. :p

G - Mitchell / Young
W - Tatum / Mathurin
W - Randle / Johnson
F - Wembanyama / Collins
C - Kessler / Adams
Incredibly interesting team on paper

G - Mitchell / Young
W - Tatum / Mathurin
W - Randle / Johnson
F - Wembanyama / Collins
C - Kessler / Adams

If Vic meets expectations that’s a lethal lineup

G - Mitchell / Young
W - Tatum / Mathurin
W - Randle / Johnson
F - Wembanyama / Collins
C - Kessler / Adams
Very nice team. Will cause matchup issues with frontcourt length and rim protection.

I'm surprised Jordan Poole didn't get drafted. He is going to put up monster numbers this year. Probably something in the 25pts and 6 ast per game range.

Morant/Cade
Ball/Vassell
LBJ/Issac
Mobley/Claxton
Porzingis/Capela

This team has everything, facilitators, lockdown defenders at multiple positions (Issac and Claxton are hybrid bigs that can guard wings). There's really no true weakness, as Vassell can come in and provide solid perimeter defense. One, I guess you can say is there isn't a lot of scoring off of the bench. But you don't need to be frontloaded with multiple 20 ppg players that will be getting 18, maybe 20 minutes max. Cade, Vassell come off the bench and can play a true 6th/7th man role in providing scoring for the 2nd unit. Capela/Claxton catch lobs, and Issac hits the occasional 3 that you need him to, but him and Claxton are mostly there to lockdown the main scoring options on opposing teams.

I'm surprised Jordan Poole didn't get drafted. He is going to put up monster numbers this year. Probably something in the 25pts and 6 ast per game range.
He’s definitely going to put up huge numbers, but he might be the dumbest talented player I’ve ever seen. Many of the Warriors losses I watched last season were the direct result of putting the ball in his hands late in the game. Thinks he’s Curry, but the man is no Steph Curry.

Morant/Cade
Ball/Vassell
LBJ/Issac
Mobley/Claxton
Porzingis/Capela

This team has everything, facilitators, lockdown defenders at multiple positions (Issac and Claxton are hybrid bigs that can guard wings). There's really no true weakness, as Vassell can come in and provide solid perimeter defense. One, I guess you can say is there isn't a lot of scoring off of the bench. But you don't need to be frontloaded with multiple 20 ppg players that will be getting 18, maybe 20 minutes max. Cade, Vassell come off the bench and can play a true 6th/7th man role in providing scoring for the 2nd unit. Capela/Claxton catch lobs, and Issac hits the occasional 3 that you need him to, but him and Claxton are mostly there to lockdown the main scoring options on opposing teams.

You should do a sim

Morant/Cade
Ball/Vassell
LBJ/Issac
Mobley/Claxton
Porzingis/Capela

Defensively your team is crazy deep but offensively I have big concerns about your lack of shooters.

Defensively your team is crazy deep but offensively I have big concerns about your lack of shooters.
Zingod, Ball, Morant, Vassell can shoot. Issac is a respectable 3 point shooter when left open. Cade is a respectable shooter from 3, and is a good mid range shooter. Mobley can shoot the mid range J. And Lebron is Lebron. lol.