What's new

2023 Mock Draft - Take 1

Let's do some wrap-up analysis on this draft before moving on. A few thoughts I have:
** I don't think Gradey Dick goes ahead of Whitmore or Walker. Maybe his range starts around 8 or 9, but that might be aggressive, imo.
** I think Toronto is in the market for a guard/initiator, and I think they'd take Keyonte George or JHS over a shooter like Hawkins.
** I think that if the Jazz don't take a big wing in this draft, they'd take one of the pure-scorer types like Sensabaugh or maybe Hawkins who can stretch the floor. I don't think they'd take two guards back to back.
** I don't think Nick Smith would fall that far unless there's a medical issue. Whitehead at #29 is probably too low as well.
There is something going on with Nick's knee. I also think if he sucks again this weekend his stock nosedives and he very well could end up going this low.

I don't think NSJ drops past 20.

He is hyper talented and teams will talk themselves into his knee holding him back. I'm not going to play amateur medical doctor.

Really my only critique on NSJ is that he is allergic to contact on his drives. That's fixable though. He is so slithery with the ball and he's great at getting himself open for shots. Also love his competitiveness on D and his feel for passing. Playing next to Black is rough because Black is useless off ball.

Think he probably goes mid to late teens. Teams will buy his shot creation upside

He’s a great shooter with great size, capable athlete, and young. How often do guys like that go much outside of the lottery? Practically never.
Yeah I am not sold he is worth a lottery pick compared to the other options in this draft, maybe in most draft ok. But even though that is my opinion, that he isn't worth it, I do agree he will probably go higher than my opinion of him.
If he goes to a good location he will be fine, if not he will be out of the league like Cam Reddish is about to be.

I don't think NSJ drops past 20.

He is hyper talented and teams will talk themselves into his knee holding him back. I'm not going to play amateur medical doctor.

Really my only critique on NSJ is that he is allergic to contact on his drives. That's fixable though. He is so slithery with the ball and he's great at getting himself open for shots. Also love his competitiveness on D and his feel for passing. Playing next to Black is rough because Black is useless off ball.

Think he probably goes mid to late teens. Teams will buy his shot creation upside
Better chance he goes top 10 then he falls out of the top 20

Need to change teams tho. Don't want to draft for same teams each time
I’d like to keep Orlando again (since they lost one of their picks in the lottery this go), but I’ll definitely let somebody take a spin with Indiana. Lots of options to go with them and their 3 picks.

Gradey Dick - A 6.....yeah I meant what I said in the other thread. I like him but I can't take him this high without seeing him in a higher usage role.
Don't you worry. Dick will excel in a high usage role.

Sorry, reading this several days late, but couldn't resist. Hopefully this will be the last time.