What's new

2023 Mock Draft - Take 1

Sorry about the delay.

Indiana selects PG/SG: Anthony Black - Arkansas

Did not expect that one at all... not that I don't like Black... they have Benny and Tyrese... @Bawse Dawg my thought of why the board looked good for the Jazz is they would have their pick of the pgs (black, George, Wallace) but it turns out they won't.

Did not expect that one at all... not that I don't like Black... they have Benny and Tyrese... @Bawse Dawg my thought of why the board looked good for the Jazz is they would have their pick of the pgs (black, George, Wallace) but it turns out they won't.
I liked him better for the Pacers than any of the other guys left on the board. Especially with Freshmen, just take your top rated guy and be happy.

If this is how it fell I think NO would likely draft Keyonte George... however I think he's not very good... and since I am picking for them... I will destroy my own dreams of Hendo ending up with the Jazz and select Taylor Hendricks.

NO already has Zion, Herb, Ingram, Nance, Trey Murphy that all spend time at the 3 or 4... So Taylor jumps into a logjam a bit... but maybe he gets time as a small ball 5 and a few of those guys are constantly hurt. So I will take the best guy left imo....

I liked him better for the Pacers than any of the other guys left on the board. Especially with Freshmen, just take your top rated guy and be happy.
And it prolly works... Tay Henny would have been my pick but he is not as big a name.

If this is how it fell I think NO would likely draft Keyonte George... however I think he's not very good... and since I am picking for them... I will destroy my own dreams of Hendo ending up with the Jazz and select Taylor Hendricks.

NO already has Zion, Herb, Ingram, Nance, Trey Murphy that all spend time at the 3 or 4... So Taylor jumps into a logjam a bit... but maybe he gets time as a small ball 5 and a few of those guys are constantly hurt. So I will take the best guy left imo....
Damn you. Jazz were locked onto Hendricks.

Almost home I’ll do my picks then. Need to figure out the backup plan.

@Bawse Dawg you are up... and it turns out the board setup really ****** for you... but don't you dare do it... you know what "it" is.

Damn you. Jazz were locked onto Hendricks.

Almost home I’ll do my picks then. Need to figure out the backup plan.
I think NO would take George... if that gives all of us any comfort.

I think NO would take George... if that gives all of us any comfort.

Not sure. NOLA needs a PF for the 55 or so games that Zion misses every season. They can play Nance, but he's more of a backup. They've been pushing guys up a spot and giving some minutes to Trey Murphy, I think.

If this were me, I'd trust in Keyonte's FT% and take him for the Jazz. Then I'd take GG, of course. I could see the Jazz packaging their picks and trying to trade up. If they end up with 9 and 12, that might get them to 7 or even 6. I could picture them being more in love with Whitmore or Walker than being more than luke warm about the player they'd get at #12 or #13.

If this were me, I'd trust in Keyonte's FT% and take him for the Jazz. Then I'd take GG, of course. I could see the Jazz packaging their picks and trying to trade up. If they end up with 9 and 12, that might get them to 7 or even 6. I could picture them being more in love with Whitmore or Walker than being more than luke warm about the player they'd get at #12 or #13.
Unless George is special he feels like the gunner sg who is a little smallish and sometimes you think they are a pg. Those guys seem fairly easy to find. I think there is one obvious pick for the Jazz...

Unless George is special he feels like the gunner sg who is a little smallish and sometimes you think they are a pg. Those guys seem fairly easy to find. I think there is one obvious pick for the Jazz...
Oh?

Help.

Am I obligated to take Keyonte? Cause I don't wanna.

Home and checking the board now.

Intelligence Leak: Word is spreading that the Hawks are planning to take GG Jackson at #15. They made him a promise at the Combine and convinced him to shut down his workouts.

Oh?

Help.

Am I obligated to take Keyonte? Cause I don't wanna.

Home and checking the board now.
No... Cason is the obvious choice. Follow your heart... trust your gut... have faith in your balls.

Intelligence Leak: Word is spreading that the Hawks are planning to take GG Jackson at #15. They made him a promise at the Combine and convinced him to shut down his workouts.
Imma take him to piss you off... he gonna be a Laker.

I think George could be very good, but Im just not in love. Combo guards are just a dime a dozen unless they have a really standout skill. I thought off the dribble shooting might be that for George, but that's a tough thing to bet on.

I like Bufkin's athletic ability better and he can be had with the 2nd pick