What's new

2023 NBA Draft Megathread

Last guy Chris Paul advocated for was Donovan.

Not sure if that is actually true, but he did advocate for Don. So GG is the next Don
I hope someone in the 10-15 range believes that...

I think in 10-15 the following guys are taken:

Wallace or Black - One will go top 9.
Dick

If GG goes in that range it means two of these guys are available:

George
Bufkin
Miller
Bilal
Hawkins

If someone takes Lively then we really in business.

I hope someone in the 10-15 range believes that...

I think in 10-15 the following guys are taken:

Wallace or Black - One will go top 9.
Dick

If GG goes in that range it means two of these guys are available:

George
Bufkin
Miller
Bilal
Hawkins

If someone takes Lively then we really in business.

Guys like George, Bufkin, Lively and Bilal seem to be moving up during the pre-draft process. GG has question marks, and I'm expecting them to push GG down a few spots at this point.

Guys like George, Bufkin, Lively and Bilal seem to be moving up during the pre-draft process. GG has question marks, and I'm expecting them to push GG down a few spots at this point.
But not everyone can move up. I just mostly hope that CP's endorsement has OKC or another team eyeballing him (it likely has zero effect).

Best case scenario is one of Hendricks, Ausar, Walker fall to us and we can take Bufkin, George at 16. I would also be quite happy going with Wallace and then getting Miller at 16. If we can get Lively and GG in that 10-15 range then we are in business.

Of the guys with a realistic chance to go 10-15 I would love it if Lively, GG, and NSJ went there. Man if 2 of those three go in that range you'll have some amazing options at 16.

I’m not a big fan… I think it most likely means he can’t get the better shots and is a good “bad shot” maker… but unless you are a star you don’t get to shoot those. I won’t be disgusted if we take him 16 but I’d likely have 5 or so guys I’d prefer.
Or he plays in college spacing and gets the shots the offense gives him

Hmmm... I think Colby Jones is where you want to see guys. Doesn't take too many difficult shots, but makes them when he is required.
Probably so...

side note... kinda... I have fully talked myself into Cason Wallace being amazing... so if one of the wings, Walker, or Hendricks don't fall... I'm taking Cason and I'm not gonna overpay to trade up.

A lot of guys will benefit from extra spacing in the NBA, but after some skepticism I do think Black will benefit the most. The offense at ARK was dreadful and he still found his way to the basket and free throw line. It would be nice if he could hit a pull-up mid range jumper, but an ugly drive to the rim that ends up with FT’s is still vastly superior to a smooth looking middy.

Cason is still probably the most rounded. The term three level scorer gets tossed around a ton….but it actually applies to him. He has the best balance of taking what the defense gives you while still creating premium shots. Bufkin has an argument here as well.

Stars are stars because they are able to do the difficult things. Our first instinct is to think about making difficult shots, but it’s also about getting high efficiency shots out of difficult situations.