What's new

2023 NBA Draft Megathread

Hopefully Hendricks proves himself worthy because GG, Jaquez, and Whitmire are currently lapping him.
Hopefully but Jaquez and GG really weren’t projected in that draft range. I’d worry more about Sensabaugh panning out if you are feeling like we missed on GG.

As of right now looks like Wallace, Jaquez, GG would have been a way better draft than we had but things change and that’s with 20/20 vision in hindsight. I mean we could have gone Dick, JHS, whoever and been looking real rough.

So... at what point can we start holding Ainge accountable for doing a terrible job with this draft? We could be looking at a situation where none of the current 3 rookies pan out.

The maturity stuff wasn't the big concern with me on GG. My biggest concern with GG is that he absolutely sucked in college and these types of prospects almost never worked out. But he's definitely making me look like a fool, good on him. He's a better pro than he was a college player. I will say, however, that the one thing I saw as a glimmer of hope for him was his spot up shooting. That's what is going well for him and how he's succeeding. I never believed in the 17 dribble combo , stepback, fading away type of stuff. I still don't....but he doesn't need to do that to become a good player and he's playing the right way. It's very early, but I think it's safe to say the I totally missed on him....and it's likely that we are going to regret passing on him in favor of Brice.

The maturity stuff wasn't the big concern with me on GG. My biggest concern with GG is that he absolutely sucked in college and these types of prospects almost never worked out. But he's definitely making me look like a fool, good on him. He's a better pro than he was a college player. I will say, however, that the one thing I saw as a glimmer of hope for him was his spot up shooting. That's what is going well for him and how he's succeeding. I never believed in the 17 dribble combo , stepback, fading away type of stuff...

Nice post,

Though the very first play I remember seeing GG he grabbed an offensive board, one or two dribble move into a left hand hook shot for 2. that was so fluid, I thought it must have been a senior, but No... it was the 18 year old. I saw right then. Seems like everyone was critical of him and I wasn't sure we were watching the same player.

Saw Dariq Whitehead is undergoing season ending surgery for a stress fracture in his shin. Dude was having an all-timer bad G-League season.

I did see some kind of advanced stat that shows Cam Whitmore as one of the worst passers of all time, so that makes me feel a bit better about not having him.