What's new

2023 NBA Draft Megathread

Hit the vape too hard after a loss
Yeah who knows. Someone on twitter joked that if he has the same rules Grizz have for Ja then that must have been something serious.

I kid though. They might go hard at him to make sure he understands he still has to toe the line.

- Wemby was as dominant last night as I have ever seen a rookie dominate a game. On both ends he was absolutely destroying anything Toronto was throwing at him. He was being more aggressive at the rim than what I've seen him before. He's scary.
- Dick had a nice game shooting and has actually had a nice stretch of games shooting. Early in the season I thought he looked pretty good, but just wasn't hitting shots, now I'm thinking he looks pretty bad besides hitting shots. I'm probably just confirming biases in my mind.
- I've watched quite a bit of Amen lately and he is settling in to the NBA and has looked much better than the first of the year. I think he is realizing where he can be effective, and it's actually quite similar to Ausar: Rebounding, Secondary ball handler/play maker, defense. I think it's more difficult than ever to be a high level scoring option without a jump shot.

- Wemby was as dominant last night as I have ever seen a rookie dominate a game. On both ends he was absolutely destroying anything Toronto was throwing at him. He was being more aggressive at the rim than what I've seen him before. He's scary.
- Dick had a nice game shooting and has actually had a nice stretch of games shooting. Early in the season I thought he looked pretty good, but just wasn't hitting shots, now I'm thinking he looks pretty bad besides hitting shots. I'm probably just confirming biases in my mind.
- I've watched quite a bit of Amen lately and he is settling in to the NBA and has looked much better than the first of the year. I think he is realizing where he can be effective, and it's actually quite similar to Ausar: Rebounding, Secondary ball handler/play maker, defense. I think it's more difficult than ever to be a high level scoring option without a jump shot.
- Hendricks attempted a grab and go 3pointer he bricked off the backboard.

Apparently GG said he’s been fined 4 times this season? That’s crazy haha. I’m going to be honest, I missed on GG badly. And I didn’t even care too much about the maturity issues. I just didn’t think he was that good, and it’s because he freaking sucked in college. To my credit, I did identify his shooting as promising and his window to an NBA career, but he is soooo much bettter than I expected. He was a better GLeague player than college player, now he’s a better NBA player than GLeague player lol.

Apparently GG said he’s been fined 4 times this season? That’s crazy haha. I’m going to be honest, I missed on GG badly. And I didn’t even care too much about the maturity issues. I just didn’t think he was that good, and it’s because he freaking sucked in college. To my credit, I did identify his shooting as promising and his window to an NBA career, but he is soooo much bettter than I expected. He was a better GLeague player than college player, now he’s a better NBA player than GLeague player lol.
Guess he will be finals MVP if he can be on time to make the team bus.

Yep. I love Chet but this Wemby without a doubt rather than the slight edge that he gave him. He is just so damn good and that is with defenses keying in on him.
Ok, he said that Wemby was running away with it as of late.

I posted in this thread because he was giving his all rookie team, so a lot more in there than just Chet and Wemby.

Where are we on the Bilal Coulibaly hype curve? I remember him coming out as one of the best looking guys but the hype seems to have died down. Have to admit I haven't watched the Wizards at all.

Where are we on the Bilal Coulibaly hype curve? I remember him coming out as one of the best looking guys but the hype seems to have died down. Have to admit I haven't watched the Wizards at all.
Last time I saw a box score he played 33 minutes

Sent from my OPD2203 using Tapatalk

His first couple of games he looked like he was going to be an offense wrecker on defense. He was all over the court, making huge plays, and seemed to have the type of nasty attitude that all of the great defensive players in the league seem to have. Ever since then he has been much more reserved and maybe under control. He still has the length and athleticism to make big plays, but they are more spread out. Offensively he has been a much better shooter than I expected coming in to the league, but that has fallen off a little lately. He continues to be one of the youngest players in the league.

Overall you have to consider this year a huge success vs what I thought he could look like this year. HIs floor seems to be much higher than I thought, although his ceiling might be slightly lower.

GG Jackson being such a great 3pt shooter is wild.

Mediocre college 3pt shooter without great FT indicators. Still a mediocre FT shooter at the NBA level, yet the 3pt shot doesnt look like a fluke. It's a beautiful shot.

Has Hendricks shot changed greatly at the NBA level?

I never bought him as having as good a stroke as some, but damn, he shoots ropes at the NBA level. The shot looks choppy too.

GG Jackson being such a great 3pt shooter is wild.

Mediocre college 3pt shooter without great FT indicators. Still a mediocre FT shooter at the NBA level, yet the 3pt shot doesnt look like a fluke. It's a beautiful shot.

I actually thought his 3 pointer was the only good thing he had going for him….he was terrible in college. But he was also only 31% in GLeague iirc. He’s probably on a serious hot streak right now and will cool down, but he’s still proving himself to be a much better player than I expected. This is the type of miss that makes you have to reconsider the way you evaluate.