What's new

2023 NBA Draft Megathread

Who would you put them in over?

I think I would have Ausar over Hawkins. That's pretty tough though since Hawkins has had some of the most outstanding scoring games of any rookie. I think Ausar has been more consistent, has had some highlight games of his own, and does everything besides shoot at a higher level than Hawkins.

I think the last two spots on the team would be between Black, Cason, and Bilal. I love Cason, so he is going to get my homer pick. I think I would lean Bilal over black, but Black has had a consistent role (as a defender) on a winning team, so maybe it should be Black. That one is really tough for me.

There is also Camara and Sasser who should be considered as well. I would also say Cam Whitmore has played better than most on the list, albeit in much fewer games, to be considered.

I think I would have Ausar over Hawkins. That's pretty tough though since Hawkins has had some of the most outstanding scoring games of any rookie. I think Ausar has been more consistent, has had some highlight games of his own, and does everything besides shoot at a higher level than Hawkins.

I think the last two spots on the team would be between Black, Cason, and Bilal. I love Cason, so he is going to get my homer pick. I think I would lean Bilal over black, but Black has had a consistent role (as a defender) on a winning team, so maybe it should be Black. That one is really tough for me.

There is also Camara and Sasser who should be considered as well. I would also say Cam Whitmore has played better than most on the list, albeit in much fewer games, to be considered.
I do think that the NBA probably takes overall team participation into account when making some of these choices. Bilal is a shoe in because Washington has nothing else going on that weekend.

I guess Anthony Black is firmly out of the rotation in Orlando.
He has had an interesting season. First he was getting tiny minutes off the bench. Then he started getting more minutes off the bench. Then he became a starter with very low minutes. Then he was a starter with good rotation minutes. Then back to the bench with decent minutes. Then really low minutes off the bench. Now DNPCD's.
He has appeared in 45 of 49 total games. Started 29. Averaging 19.4 minutes per game.
What a roller coaster.

He has had an interesting season. First he was getting tiny minutes off the bench. Then he started getting more minutes off the bench. Then he became a starter with very low minutes. Then he was a starter with good rotation minutes. Then back to the bench with decent minutes. Then really low minutes off the bench. Now DNPCD's.
He has appeared in 45 of 49 total games. Started 29. Averaging 19.4 minutes per game.
What a roller coaster.

They have all their guards healthy now, so there just isn't enough minutes to go around. Black has been good, but just not good enough to surpass any of their rotation players for a team who is trying to win.

I doubt Orlando would be willing to include him in a deal, but I wonder if they are interested in any of our vets?

I've been watching some Rockets games and Amen and Cam have been developing some chemistry in their second unit, they are fun to watch together.
They could be a pretty special duo. Cam has the game to be one of the best scorers in the league and Amen has the creating ability and vision to get him tons of clean looks. It's amazing how quickly things can turn around for teams when they do a good job of drafting. At the end of last year everyone was ******** on the rockets for how bad everything was looking and half a season later their future couldn't look any brighter. The thing that I really like about their young core is that they have a nice mix of role player types and potential go to scorer types and they are long, athletic and Amen allows them to go huge on the perimeter. I really look forward to seeing how a lineup of Amen, Cam, Jabari, Eason and Sengun looks together. That could be a one hell of a group in a few years.

The main criticism of these two is that they don't move the ball. They're reluctant passers. Clearly, they have big-time talent though. They'd probably both be top-5 picks in this year's draft.
Whitmore should’ve been drafted between 4-9 in this last draft. Lol
Thought Jarace looked really good. Basically how I envisioned him at the NBA level. Can do a bit of everything but it's all still very raw.

They have all their guards healthy now, so there just isn't enough minutes to go around. Black has been good, but just not good enough to surpass any of their rotation players for a team who is trying to win.
Weird. I thought you're supposed to hand free minutes to these kids, let them make costly mistakes and and call them "teachable moments".

We should see some more rookie minutes after playing time was cleared for them at the trade deadline.

I don't think Atlanta did anything though and Bufkin definitely needs NBA minutes.

What a roller coaster.
even when he was a starter getting good minutes, it was almost impressive how little he did out there. i'm an anthony black fan, so i don't say this to rip him, but his boxscores were pretty insane in terms of lack of numbers. in fact in the months of november and december which was basically the time frame you referenced above where he was a starter with rotation minutes... in november, in 21 mpg, he averaged 5, 2 and 1. In December, he averaged 6, 3 and 2 in 23 minutes a night. that's kinda crazy. give the guy credit for playing within himself, but it's hard to justify keeping a guy out there if they just aren't doing anything on the offensive end.

even when he was a starter getting good minutes, it was almost impressive how little he did out there. i'm an anthony black fan, so i don't say this to rip him, but his boxscores were pretty insane in terms of lack of numbers. in fact in the months of november and december which was basically the time frame you referenced above where he was a starter with rotation minutes... in november, in 21 mpg, he averaged 5, 2 and 1. In December, he averaged 6, 3 and 2 in 23 minutes a night. that's kinda crazy. give the guy credit for playing within himself, but it's hard to justify keeping a guy out there if they just aren't doing anything on the offensive end.

Yep I always noticed how little he actually did as well.

I'm betting he Hendricks could quite easily average 6, 3, and 2 in 23 minutes. Kind of seems like it would be hard not too

Sent from my CPH2451 using Tapatalk

If I was an Atlanta fan I would be very irritated with Quin Snyder right now. The team is 7 games under .500, Kobe Bufkin has done more than enough in the Gleage to show he deserves a shot, and he still can't get minutes over Trent Forrest.