What's new

2023 NBA Free Agency Thread

Waiting for the @bigmike prediction that is surely coming today... something BIG is happening... can't tell you... but it involves a team that used to employ Ish Smith.
A trade will be made with a team that Matt Barnes played for. Or against.

View: https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status/1674843967140003867

Long overdue... the techs for flops... has been a thing in Europe for a while...

Unintended consequences... refs less likely to award overrule on initial challenge... or less likely to blow the whistle. Also Quin's 401k is going to explode, especially if the league matches contributions. All those challenges are coming out pre-tax, baby.

I wonder if we have any interest in Schroder on a like a 2/24M deal or something like that.

I wonder if we have any interest in Schroder on a like a 2/24M deal or something like that.
No... that is way too high. My guess is we have no interest. If we did he will cap out at like the room exception of 7M-ish. I think he's a minimum dude on desperate contenders from now on.

They are saving about 17-18M of capspace for next year's FA...
Its smart and practical... also makes your potential building blocks a bit pissed. I would discuss it with them rather than taking a hard stance like that. Opens yourself up to a team giving a toxic offers sheet too.

Its smart and practical... also makes your potential building blocks a bit pissed. I would discuss it with them rather than taking a hard stance like that. Opens yourself up to a team giving a toxic offers sheet too.
It's possible they have an "agreement" with Maxey about his next contract and he in on this scheme...

It's possible they have an "agreement" with Maxey about his next contract and he in on this scheme...
Wouldn't be unheard of. They're in a weird spot thanks to Harden and probably need the lay of the land post-CBA implementation to know how to go forward.