What's new

2023 Trade Rumors and Gossip Involving the Jazz

I think 16 and Sexton for 12 is fair, but Orlando might not agree. I’m not sure if it’s a good move for us since I really like him, but I think it is fair value.
What? Nah, Sexton is a good player on a great contract. Gonna take something real to move him.

If Dallas wanted to send #10 outright with bad salary attached for Sexton then I would do that. Just as an example.

Disagree. Sexton is a far more sophisticated offensive player. Better shot selection shoots straight more consistently, more efficient and at least gives effort on defense, better finisher and gets to the line more.
Okay but that doesn't mean he can't come off the bench. I still think that's his destiny on a great team.

I have him as my no. 4 prospect. And his passing/vision/feel is my biggest worry about him. I don't think this is a small or insignificant wart for him. He will need to improve significantly in order to reach his potential.
Its not that he can't pass. Its that he opts not to pass. Black hole. He averaged very few assists per game. I think less than 2.

9, 10, 12 or 13.

16 + 28 + Damien Jones for 10 + Salary exception.
FRP pick (Lakers '27) for 12 or 13.

Heck you, could also offer Sexton for 12 outright and have OKC absorb his contract.

You could have 9, 10, 12, 13 for Damien Jones + Sexton + FRP + 16, 28. Then Ainge could during draft night let the bidding war begin as most teams want to buy into this section of the draft. Even offer a trade down for the picks 5-8.

Last edited:
Disagree. Sexton is a far more sophisticated offensive player. Better shot selection shoots straight more consistently, more efficient and at least gives effort on defense, better finisher and gets to the line more.
I love Collin… he ain’t sophisticated though. He a bull. JC has a lot of craft.

Probably not all that much.

That's pretty much what I was thinking.
Shouldn't trade him then imo.
I dont think its a good idea to trade a good young player on a good contract who has a great attitude/personality and is a hard worker just for ***** and giggles. I think if you are going to trade a young, good, hard working, great attitude guy then it should be for something pretty damn good.

Shouldn't trade him then imo.
I dont think its a good idea to trade a good young player on a good contract who has a great attitude/personality and is a hard worker just for ***** and giggles. I think if you are going to trade a young, good, hard working, great attitude guy then it should be for something pretty damn good.
He's an undersized guard who might not be playable in a playoff series

Lmao You must have me confused with someone else.... I've never been a Sexton hater at all. Just not sure he has great trade value right now, coming off of a torn meniscus two seasons ago and then missing a lot of games last year with hamstring injuries.

I actually think I've been one of the more positive guys on here when it comes to Sexton.
He missed most of those games last season due to tanking issues.

I think 16 and Sexton for 12 is fair, but Orlando might not agree. I’m not sure if it’s a good move for us since I really like him, but I think it is fair value.
Needing that puke emoji again.

I agree with this except for better finisher. Clarkson is a wizard in the paint and efficient as hell around the bucket.

Its not that he can't pass. Its that he opts not to pass. Black hole. He averaged very few assists per game. I think less than 2.
Actually less than 1 iirc. Good news is coaching and good teammates can fix that issue.