What's new

2023 Trade Rumors and Gossip Involving the Jazz

He's an undersized guard who might not be playable in a playoff series
Might be true. Haven't seen it yet. What is actually true rather than just a might is that he is a good young hard working player with a great attitude on a good contract. I dont think that should be traded for ***** and giggles. I think he is still getting better. Hasn't hit his prime yet. A hard worker with his personality type is a dude I would be afraid to trade and then have major regrets when he hits his prime and reaches all his potential.

Might be true. Haven't seen it yet. What is actually true rather than just a might is that he is a good young hard working player with a great attitude on a good contract. I dont think that should be traded for ***** and giggles. I think he is still getting better. Hasn't hit his prime yet. A hard worker with his personality type is a dude I would be afraid to trade and then have major regrets when he hits his prime and reaches all his potential.
idk who is suggesting we do it for ***** and gigles, but the reporting doesnt include him as a core guy so we are going off that intel.

He is definitely playable in a playoff series. We aren't talking about a big that can't shoot or defender the perimeter.
I think he could do well vs certain matchups, but I think there are a lot of scenarios where you choose to bench him completely, but I could be wrong.

I definitely respect Sexton's work ehtic and intensity, but he wants to be a starting PG and now he's in trade rumors. Utah *might* be drafting a guy with their first two picks that they want to develop into a starting PG. And we dont even know what the plan is with Clarkson, who would significantly eat into Sexton's touches.

I love Collin… he ain’t sophisticated though. He a bull. JC has a lot of craft.
Never said he was sophisticated just more than JC. When hot there aren’t many better than JC, but when he’s not he shoots you out of games. Sexton is more efficient, gets to the line and an elite finisher at the rim. And their games to a point are similar. Both have good inside games. My biggest complaint last year of JC was he monopolized the ball too much taking away the ball from Markkanen. From what I saw of Sexton he doesn’t bog down the offense near as much.

Never said he was sophisticated just more than JC. When hot there aren’t many better than JC, but when he’s not he shoots you out of games. Sexton is more efficient, gets to the line and an elite finisher at the rim. And their games to a point are similar. Both have good inside games. My biggest complaint last year of JC was he monopolized the ball too much taking away the ball from Markkanen. From what I saw of Sexton he doesn’t bog down the offense near as much.
Clarkson is much more "sophisticated".

I would say Sexton is a more dynamic scorer because he can do rim finishing stuff JC can't, but Sexton cant do the off the dribble 3 stuff JC can do, so it's probably a wash.

I agree with this except for better finisher. Clarkson is a wizard in the paint and efficient as hell around the bucket.
They actually have similar games in that both are comfortable going inside. That part of Sexton’s game are underrated. But if both drive inside and the defense converges, Sexton is better. That’s kinda what I meant.

Clarkson is much more "sophisticated".

I would say Sexton is a more dynamic scorer because he can do rim finishing stuff JC can't, but Sexton cant do the off the dribble 3 stuff JC can do, so it's probably a wash.
When I say sophisticated, I mean overall value to an offense, not just offensive , skill set. Sextons overall value to a team offense is more beneficial imo

idk who is suggesting we do it for ***** and gigles, but the reporting doesnt include him as a core guy so we are going off that intel.
I saw a poster say we wouldn't get much. so I guess i should have said I dont think we should trade him for "not much" rather than for ***** and giggles. I think we should only trade him for "much". You know, good stuff. I dont consider him "filler". I consider him a big good piece in a trade. I still think that when we traded donovan we thought Sexton was the best part of the haul we got. Lauri was a shocker. Lauri was part of the "filler".

I saw a poster say we wouldn't get much. so I guess i should have said I dont think we should trade him for not much rather than for ***** and giggles. I think we should only trade him for much. You know, good stuff.
Oh yeah, I said not much. I dont think Sexton is that much either, so it would be a fair trade. Jazz just need something that fits their roster better. Need to get playoff players.

Oh yeah, I said not much. I dont think Sexton is that much either, so it would be a fair trade. Jazz just need something that fits their roster better. Need to get playoff players.
Yep, thats why we disagree. Think Sexton is very valuable. Great players, who are still very young, with great attitudes and work ethics on good contract have great value to me.

Yep, thats why we disagree. Think Sexton is very valuable. Great players, who are still very young, with great attitudes and work ethics on good contract have great value to me.
What has Sexton done in the NBA to earn the label "Great player"? He isnt in the top 100 players in the NBA.

Sexton is much better and more valuable than Lyle’s was when we used him to move up in the lottery for Mitchell.
I agree and I was not a Lyles fan. I am a fan of sexton too. I just think it is hard to move up far in this draft. Notice I said I think that was his value, but it wouldn’t be worth it to me.

Sexton has a very simple game. It’s effective but it’s no frills speed and athleticism. JC does moves on top of moves on top of other moves. Sexton may be more effective but sophisticated is very much the opposite of what Collin is. It can be effective… I’m reminded of this movie clip… sexton would be Indiana Jones here… simple is t bad.

1687355857776.gif