What's new

2023 Trade Rumors and Gossip Involving the Jazz

Sexton is much better and more valuable than Lyle’s was when we used him to move up in the lottery for Mitchell.
Lyles was still on his rookie contract so he still had his fans from the draft.

Utah also got incredibly lucky Denver made a stupid trade. If you are using the Lyles trade as a benchmark for what you find acceptable, you are never going to make a trade again.

What has Sexton done in the NBA to earn the label "Great player"? He isnt in the top 100 players in the NBA.
21 points per game on 50% from the field and 40% from 3 and 82% from line (over 6 attempts per game) with low turnovers at 24 years old qualifies for me. Just needs more minutes and touches and development and less injuries. (per 36 numbers)

21 points per game on 50% from the field and 40% from 3 and 82% from line (over 6 attempts per game) with low turnovers at 24 years old qualifies for me. Just needs more minutes and touches and development and less injuries. (per 36 numbers)
Agreed. I really like Sexton, seems like a really good kid too, but if he's not in the long term plans this might be the perfect time to trade him. Too bad he missed so many games due to the hamstring last season. He might not be on a rookie deal anymore but Ainge got him on a bargain contract esp when you look at the huge contracts of other young scoring guards around the league (Poole, Simons, Rozier, Herro, etc).

Assuming Jazz draft at least one guard and potentially bring back JC there might be too many guards needing minutes.

Agreed. I really like Sexton, seems like a really good kid too, but if he's not in the long term plans this might be the perfect time to trade him. Too bad he missed so many games due to the hamstring last season. He might not be on a rookie deal anymore but Ainge got him on a bargain contract esp when you look at the huge contracts of other young scoring guards around the league (Poole, Simons, Rozier, Herro, etc).

Assuming Jazz draft at least one guard and potentially bring back JC there might be too many guards needing minutes.
Yep and im not saying the jazz shouldn't trade him. I dont see him as untouchable. But I do see him as WAY more valuable than moving from 16 to 12 or some dumb **** like that.

I would trade Sexton for #10
Lyles was still on his rookie contract so he still had his fans from the draft.

Utah also got incredibly lucky Denver made a stupid trade. If you are using the Lyles trade as a benchmark for what you find acceptable, you are never going to make a trade again.
Fair enough, still don't wanna dump him for nothing.

yeah, i'd take tyus jones. but he needs to be more efficient to solidify himself as a guy you want to roll with permanently as a starter.
Yeah I like him and would take him but only if the price is right... for the price I would want him at they probably should not trade him... I'm thinking like 28 and KO or something like that.

I don't think we'd see him as the long term starter based on our positional size mandate. I could see him having a small breakout though in a starting role. If we are trying to make the playoffs this year I see getting Jones or some other steady pg like Monte Morris as being pretty important to that goal. Dunn/Sexton/THT may hold down the fort though.

I think Jones is a name to watch if the price is right.

Memphis isnt in danger of missing the PO due to Morant missing games. It's a smart move to prioritize wings for the playoffs.
They’re not going to land a good, ready wing with Tyus Jones. If they draft one they won’t be ready. I think it’s more likely that they throw this season than that they think that plan will work.

Their whole concept is built around a PG-centric offense.

They’re not going to land a good, ready wing with Tyus Jones. If they draft one they won’t be ready. I think it’s more likely that they throw this season than that they think that plan will work.

Their whole concept is built around a PG-centric offense.
They can get a good wing for Jones. They don't need a world beater. Royce would be a perfect fit for them.