What's new

2023 Trade Rumors and Gossip Involving the Jazz

Zingis had to agree to wherever he got traded to
He’s also an injury prone player with a big one year deal… not the easiest guy to trade. Wiz did fine… they will likely flip Jones or one of their other pgs for some assets too.

Wiz are aggressively moving to the tank… they will take 75-80% of value in trades and are valuing speed with their big moves.

I bet wizard fans are actually pretty stoked to have a clear direction now. They have been stuck in no man's land for years. The good part is this also makes their 1st rd pick to the Knicks likely to never convey.
They are… beat writers are all on board too.

I think we have a good chance of the double trade up… 9 and a future pick for 5 and 16, 28, KO for 10. I’d hope for Black and Bufkin but maybe it’s black and Bilal or Walker and Bufkin… some good combos possible.

Zingis had to agree to wherever he got traded to
Wiz also did this to themselves after deciding to trade beal now. They could've kept Beal for the time being to give themselves more leverage in negotiation with Zingis instead they pulled the trigger too early, got nothing in return for beal AND lost all of their hope in bringing back Zingis, which basically turned one no trade clause into two. What they should’ve done is keep Beal for the summer, tell zingis they are running it back and trick him into signing a new deal with them, then they would have more leverage once he resigns. They can pivot at anytime. We traded Rudy literally one year and six months after he sign a new deal with us.

Now I bet Kuz ain't coming back either. They lose all three guys for basically nothing.

Wiz also did this to themselves after deciding to trade beal now. They could've kept Beal for the time being to give themselves more leverage in negotiation with Zingis instead they pulled the trigger too early, got nothing in return for beal AND lost all of their hope in bringing back Zingis, which basically turned one no trade clause into two. What they should’ve done is keep Beal for the summer, tell zingis they are running it back and trick him into signing a new deal with them, then they would have more leverage once he resigns. They can pivot at anytime. We traded Rudy literally one year and six months after he sign a new deal with us.

Now I bet Kuz ain't coming back either. They lose all three guys for basically nothing.
You cant gain leverage on a guy with a no trade clause who is perfectly fine just playing basketball for your team.

I think we have a good chance of the double trade up… 9 and a future pick for 5 and 16, 28, KO for 10. I’d hope for Black and Bufkin but maybe it’s black and Bilal or Walker and Bufkin… some good combos possible.

I think this these trade-ups have to be the goal. It may be expensive, but now is the time to take a couple swings.

It would be hilarious to see the reaction of this board when it's announced Utah traded up to 5 to grab Bilal ahead of Orlando

Cam and Bufkin ftw

This is ideal.. they should do it.
I dont think it changes all that much for Utah.

I honestly dont think Whitmore is above Hendricks on Utah's board. The biggest thing for Utah is that Hendricks/Walker dont go 5th. (This is from what I believe Utah's perspective to be, not mine).

I do think they love Bilal, but he's more like 10th/11th on their board.