What's new

2023 Trade Rumors and Gossip Involving the Jazz

Also, right now is a GREAT time to be able to add young talent to fill out your bench. I think the Jazz take 3 players today AND add at least one more undrafted player who makes the roster in some capacity.

The "Jazz love Black" rumor seems to 100% stem from the rumor that Hardy loves Black.

When I read Sarah Todd's piece on the draft process, it basically said Hardy will just come in for workouts and watch a hour or two of tape and just give his opinion, but his opinion is just a piece of the overall choice.

I'm sure he is high, but I'm not certain he is 5th.
Did read that he was put in the tier one of all prospects. If we know the tier, then we know that the organization has agreed to it. Well, at least the top decision makers.

That sort of makes sense. Get that Smart money out and bring in KP as an expiring. That sort of supports my thoughts that KP is a 1 year mercenary whose point is to add length and scoring to the frontcourt and also to go away from the books after the next season.
I also think it signals that they’re serious about Brown’s Supermax and keeping those two together. As I see it, they chose Brown over Smart - which is the right decision. Watch them use the 25th pick on either a PG or a C.

Did read that he was put in the tier one of all prospects. If we know the tier, then we know that the organization has agreed to it. Well, at least the top decision makers.
It's been rumored the Jazz view Black as the 5th best prospect. We will only really know that if they trade to 5th to get him.

The "Jazz love Black" rumor seems to 100% stem from the rumor that Hardy loves Black.

When I read Sarah Todd's piece on the draft process, it basically said Hardy will just come in for workouts and watch a hour or two of tape and just give his opinion, but his opinion is just a piece of the overall choice.

I'm sure he is high, but I'm not certain he is 5th.
The one thing that the article did add is that the front office are prone to trust the coaches mostly in terms of whether they think a particular player has a path to improvement under the coaching staff. If Hardy is indeed high on Black, that could be a hint that Hardy thinks Black's shot is improvable (or maybe it means nothing).

Washington didn’t have good trade assets to begin with but at least they got off of Beal’s salary and got something for Porzingis instead of him leaving.

I get what Boston did but Zinger may not be a championship team first guy and Boston has a lack of leadership. I could see that going very wrong.
I think the original deal made more sense (sending out Brogdon) but sending out Smart who is a culture guy, a great defender who can also offensively do some stuff is just weird. KP also will be the 3rd guy to eat and I dont think he will be content in that role.

The one thing that the article did add is that the front office are prone to trust the coaches mostly in terms of whether they think a particular player has a path to improvement under the coaching staff. If Hardy is indeed high on Black, that could be a hint that Hardy thinks Black's shot is improvable (or maybe it means nothing).
Shooting splits. Open (no defender) 3pt shot for Black was 47%. That's a hint he will be outstanding shooter. Plus in workouts they say his shot looks better and consistent.

I think the original deal made more sense (sending out Brogdon) but sending out Smart who is a culture guy, a great defender who can also offensively do some stuff is just weird. KP also will be the 3rd guy to eat and I dont think he will be content in that role.
100% and I’m sure Boston is gutted right now. Also you have some prickly personalities… Brogdon, brown, Zinger… and Joe Mazz coaching em… there is some tinder and gas in Boston… better not strike a match.

Wtf, are the wizards even doing? lmao. They're trading all their players for 0 picks
Well, having Beal under a no trade clause really hamstrung his value. He would only wave the no trade clause for two or three teams. And if only one of those teams says yes they don’t have to pay top dollar and KP with his injury history just isn’t worth what he used to be.

That’s my best guess.

So overpay for a team that is going to be a perenial loser?

The Jazz got value out of their players because their players won. The Wizards didnt have that luxury. They made great moves. They were late, but better late than never.
You pay for what you get. You pay them now so they get more return in the long run. You don't pay Kuz & zingis of course you get nothing.

Yes they were late and missed the window completely. But since they were already this late , why not just extend kuz&zingis so they give themselves another window instead of throwing the towel. They were so late that there's simply no point in trading them now cuz they got zero leverage.