What's new

2023 Trade Rumors and Gossip Involving the Jazz

I agree with this except for better finisher. Clarkson is a wizard in the paint and efficient as hell around the bucket.
Clarkson is seriously underrated for his close to midrange game. Like, one of the best non-centers in the league level of good. I know there’s some JC fatigue around here, but on a decent contract, he’s a valuable player of the jazz keep him. Personally, I’d like to see him back in a 6th man role, but somebody has to beat him out first.

Grizzlies are going to be a better defensive team without Ja and they have done just fine when he's out offensively.

Bane might take a big step forward with the opportunity to be even more ball-in-hand.
There’s a narrative out there that the Grizz have fared well with Ja out of the lineup, but context matters and the 25 game suspension he faces to begin next season is definitely enough to derail their season.

Last year, you had Ja playing in 61 games while he missed time during his mini-suspension as well as some missed games while he was dinged up. Even if he has learned his lesson and has no more behavior problems, he’s already slated to miss 25 games at the beginning of the season which means he’s playing in 57 games at the absolute max. There will also be missed time here and there due to being dinged up, which probably makes it unlikely that he see’s even 50 games.

Add to that the fact that after the suspension, Ja is going to be nowhere near game shape and will probably have to be brought along slowly, along with the reality that the chemistry with his teammates will also be a work in progress once he returns and I just don’t see how Memphis isn’t in danger of missing the playoffs.

Sure, there’s other good players on that roster but Ja is far and away the best and most important player on that roster. There’s a very real scenario in which he is only available for 40-45 games this year and I just don’t see how that doesn’t effect Memphis in a major way.

There’s a narrative out there that the Grizz have fared well with Ja out of the lineup, but context matters and the 25 game suspension he faces to begin next season is definitely enough to derail their season.

Last year, you had Ja playing in 61 games while he missed time during his mini-suspension as well as some missed games while he was dinged up. Even if he has learned his lesson and has no more behavior problems, he’s already slated to miss 25 games at the beginning of the season which means he’s playing in 57 games at the absolute max. There will also be missed time here and there due to being dinged up, which probably makes it unlikely that he see’s even 50 games.

Add to that the fact that after the suspension, Ja is going to be nowhere near game shape and will probably have to be brought along slowly, along with the reality that the chemistry with his teammates will also be a work in progress once he returns and I just don’t see how Memphis isn’t in danger of missing the playoffs.

Sure, there’s other good players on that roster but Ja is far and away the best and most important player on that roster. There’s a very real scenario in which he is only available for 40-45 games this year and I just don’t see how that doesn’t effect Memphis in a major way.
Yeah, I disagree. JJJ is their best player imo.