What's new

2024 NBA Draft Mega Thread

ok kinda getting upset. The Fanspo draft simulator still has the Jazz drafting 11th but we are clearly at #9. I am tired of creating a new draft order. Sorry just needed to vent.

Reminder that the Jazz's center rotation consists of John Collins, who offers almost no rim protection, and Walker Kessler, who is very limited offensively outside of basic pick-and-roll actions that the Jazz rarely seem to run. That's a pretty sore spot in our rotation right now, and it wouldn't surprise me if the Jazz use this draft to grab a quality big.

Reminder that the Jazz's center rotation consists of John Collins, who offers almost no rim protection, and Walker Kessler, who is very limited offensively outside of basic pick-and-roll actions that the Jazz rarely seem to run. That's a pretty sore spot in our rotation right now, and it wouldn't surprise me if the Jazz use this draft to grab a quality big.
Flip or Clingan?

Flip or Clingan?

If the Jazz don't move up into the top 4 of the draft and are drafting at 8 or 9, I could see them first trying to move up 2 or 3 spots to take Williams, Topic or Buzelis, maybe Holland. If that doesn't work, I think the debate at 8 or 9 probably becomes between Sheppard (if he's there), Knecht and Filipowski.

However, I think the real wildcard could be Chomche. If he looks like a beast in workouts, he could potentially get ahead of Filipowski on some draft boards.

If the Jazz don't move up into the top 4 of the draft and are drafting at 8 or 9, I could see them first trying to move up 2 or 3 spots to take Williams, Topic or Buzelis, maybe Holland. If that doesn't work, I think the debate at 8 or 9 probably becomes between Sheppard (if he's there), Knecht and Filipowski.

However, I think the real wildcard could be Chomche. If he looks like a beast in workouts, he could potentially get ahead of Filipowski on some draft boards.
I know you don't care for Castle but he should firmly be in that conversation and I really like Salaun as well.

Reed Sheppard is officially the #1 prospect on my big board. I’m leaning all the way in.

Reed Sheppard is officially the #1 prospect on my big board. I’m leaning all the way in.
I've already decided the Spurs are gonna take him top 3 and he will morph into a cross between Steve Nash and Gary Payton and we are doomed.

I know the draft lottery is audited by E&Y and everything, but when the Spurs get the 2nd overall pick this year and the raptors pick at #7 I'll be putting on my tin foil hat
There was a big basketball illuminati podcast on this. I love the conspiracy theory stuff but don't believe it. I think the same firm has been the auditor for a long time... would like to see some turnover there.