What's new

2024 NBA Draft Mega Thread

I see that as a reflection of the quality of this draft versus being high on Kessler. I think Saint is one of those people, don't think Saint has ever been high on Kessler.
He’s higher on him than you think. HH is another one who said that. What pick paired with 8 in this draft would get you from 8 to 1?

8 + 6? 8 + 7? 8 + 9?

I mean we had some guys say they wouldn’t trade 8 + Kessler for 1 or only for 1. Seems like Kessler is pretty valuable in a lot of posters eyes.
I think I was one of those... I think its because I see 2-9 as fairly flat. I have my preferences in that general group of course. I like Sarr more than I think some do but I also know I have only done Youtube research so I like the idea of what Sarr is more than the actual player he is.

He’s higher on him than you think. HH is another one who said that. What pick paired with 8 in this draft would get you from 8 to 1?

8 + 6? 8 + 7? 8 + 9?
This draft is so weird. IMO it's heavily dependent on what the team drafting at 1 really thinks about the players in the top 8. I honestly have no idea how this draft will fall, usually there is some delineation and separation between tiers of players. I don't think there's clear separation at all this time around. It seems like different people have completely different opinions on any number of players of this draft. Some have Risacher no. 1, others have him 10.. .some have Knecht top 3, others have him late lottery...

In such a draft IMO it's very possible you can actually trade for no. 1 pick relatively cheaply(compared to what it would take in another draft). Lets say we get 9 and we can use any of our other picks... I think it's very possible one of our better picks in the future gets it done(lets say LAL 2027... or CLE 2029?).

8 + 6? 8 + 7? 8 + 9?

I guess they can speak for themselves, but a potential top 5 pick being rated as higher than our backup C who our coach/FO has seemingly tossed aside isn't a hot take. I'm not high on Clingan, I would still swap him with Kessler given the choice but I don't see that as a glowing endorsement.

I guess they can speak for themselves, but a potential top 5 pick being rated as higher than our backup C who our coach/FO has seemingly tossed aside isn't a hot take. I'm not high on Clingan, I would still swap him with Kessler given the choice but I don't see that as a glowing endorsement.
I mean… ok? I’m merely just stating I would take him over Kessler lol. What that means is up to interpretation I guess.

I think I was one of those... I think its because I see 2-9 as fairly flat. I have my preferences in that general group of course. I like Sarr more than I think some do but I also know I have only done Youtube research so I like the idea of what Sarr is more than the actual player he is.

There was a time where I started to get higher on guys because I knew the draft was poor and I was trying to see everyone in their best light....but tbh I still think it's still very bad. There will be guys that hit, but I have a really hard time separating these guys as well. I'm actually really skeptical of all 3 international guys at the top. I'm sure I will find more clarity on the pecking order with time, but I also see it as a flat draft at the top.

There was a time where I started to get higher on guys because I knew the draft was poor and I was trying to see everyone in their best light....but tbh I still think it's still very bad. There will be guys that hit, but I have a really hard time separating these guys as well. I'm actually really skeptical of all 3 international guys at the top. I'm sure I will find more clarity on the pecking order with time, but I also see it as a flat draft at the top.
Count me as someone who thinks this draft is better than what it’s being talked about as.

At the very least you secure 2 more cheap rookie contract years... even if you think they are at relatively similar level(which I'm not sure)

So Kessler is worth more or less the 4th or 5th pick in your eyes?
Not quite. I would move Walker and 8 for #1. I am not sure I'd move 8 and 4 or 5 for #1. Unless Sarr was available I wouldn't move Walker/8 for #2 and I wouldn't move the 4th/5th pick plus 8 for #2.

If Castle was there at 4 or 5 I'd like keep the 4th and 8th pick.

If I had to guess at Walker's straight pick value in this draft I think its around 10/11... which is where I'd consider Clingan.

At the very least you secure 2 more cheap rookie contract years... even if you think they are at relatively similar level(which I'm not sure)

My thoughts exactly. But if Kessler repeated his rookie season, I think that makes it extremely tough.

Count me as someone who thinks this draft is better than what it’s being talked about as.

Good players will come from this draft. That's always the case no matter how poor the draft is perceived....but it isn't obvious who those players will be and whether you think this draft is good/bad, that's independent from the idea that these players are tightly packed together.

This draft is so weird. IMO it's heavily dependent on what the team drafting at 1 really thinks about the players in the top 8. I honestly have no idea how this draft will fall, usually there is some delineation and separation between tiers of players. I don't think there's clear separation at all this time around. It seems like different people have completely different opinions on any number of players of this draft. Some have Risacher no. 1, others have him 10.. .some have Knecht top 3, others have him late lottery...

In such a draft IMO it's very possible you can actually trade for no. 1 pick relatively cheaply(compared to what it would take in another draft). Lets say we get 9 and we can use any of our other picks... I think it's very possible one of our better picks in the future gets it done(lets say LAL 2027... or CLE 2029?).
If DA and company feels good about Sarr I would try this approach. Package 8 or 9 with a future pick and see if the other team bites. That package like doesn't get you from 9 to 5 last year... but i think a team might bite. Depends on who lands #1.

Good players will come from this draft. That's always the case no matter how poor the draft is perceived....but it isn't obvious who those players will be and whether you think this draft is good/bad, that's independent from the idea that these players are tightly packed together.
Right…

Bigs who can’t guard space struggle in the NBA. The other night when the Kings went 5-out and exposed Kessler, they went on a 13-0 run and played him off the floor.

Bigs like Wemby, Chet and Bam can guard the perimeter as well as the paint. I think that’s what teams are looking for. Draymond and Rudy can also guard both zones.

Last edited:
The modern NBA game is space and pace. Good teams space the floor out to 28 feet, to the point it’s impossible to guard the space with a scheme. You can’t send help. Everyone has to guard on the perimeter.

Jokic still struggles defensively too, but the Nuggets’ offense is so potent that no one can outscore them.

Edey is going to struggle on the defensive side. He’ll be a beast in the post though.

Last edited: