What's new

2024 NBA Draft Mega Thread

KOC best evaluator out there! OK, ok... I kid... :p

His TS% is higher on lower volume(and huge majority of it is his 3p% going from 37 to 50%... which if I had to bet I would bet on not being sustainable)... but other than that I don't see a big difference.
I mean, your efficiency on jump shots is what separates scrubs from role players.

His shooting. Another way to look at this:

First 16 games: 27% 3FG - 68% FT - 52% TS
Last 16 games: 46% 3FG - 85% FT - 66% TS

I didn't realize his shooting had picked up that much. I thought he was a complete non shooter early on in the season.
I don't know how to see first vs last game... I was just looking at conference splits on college basketball reference. His 3p% went up to 50% and to a huge degree explains his bump in efficiency. Not that we should ignore the 3p getting much better, but I doubt it's sustainable at that level.

I mean, your efficiency on jump shots is what separates scrubs from role players.
Yes, but do you expect him to shoot 50% from 3 in the long run? Or do you expect him to be more along the lines of a 37-40% shooter where his numbers sit for the bigger sample?

Yes, but do you expect him to shoot 50% from 3 in the long run? Or do you expect him to be more along the lines of a 37-40% shooter where his numbers sit for the bigger sample?
I think him shooting better is better than him shooting not better. Dont overthink it.

He's the first person I've seen to actually have Sears in the top 60. Definitely one of the most overlooked players of the year until this point.

Also dont think Knecht top 5 is really reactionary. He's been heat all season. I think it's more just realizing the other prospects arent on his level.
Knecht and Clingan both moving to top 5 seems a bit reactionary... on top of Sears into the top 20. Not sure where they were. I think Knecht at 5 is totally understandable.

Don't think I have ever seen a draft with such little consensus in the Top 10. I hope that means more maneuvering in the Top 10 just to make draft night more exciting. Though that may not be likely if prices to move up are high and teams are meh on the majority of top prospects anyways.

I think I'm zeroing in on the following Top 5, but not remotely clear on order yet:

Risacher
Sarr
Clingan
Dillingham
Knecht

Knecht and Clingan both moving to top 5 seems a bit reactionary... on top of Sears into the top 20. Not sure where they were. I think Knecht at 5 is totally understandable.
Knecht definitely looks like an NBA player. I can clearly imagine him on an NBA team doing some of the things he does now at Tennessee. He has the size and the movement ability... and the shooting, I don't think he gets denied at the next level.

I don't know how to see first vs last game... I was just looking at conference splits on college basketball reference. His 3p% went up to 50% and to a huge degree explains his bump in efficiency. Not that we should ignore the 3p getting much better, but I doubt it's sustainable at that level.

It's not necessarily the difference between 27% and 50% and 68% and 85%....it's the difference between 27% and 36% and 68% and 78%. That's still a massive jump.

I did not think he was an NBA prospect based on his early season play....but checking back in and looking at his season totals, he's definitely in that late first/early second range imo.

Clingan is a defensive monster. That’s why he is moving up. The big man is back in the NBA.

Clingan just looks so wonky when he tries to do his post stuff and I question his ability to finish in traffic at the NBA level.

Maybe I'm completely wrong and there is a mountainous gap between Edey/Clingan when it comes to defensive mobility, but I would easily put Edey above Clingan.

Clingan is a defensive monster. That’s why he is moving up. The big man is back in the NBA.
He's been that all year... I mean 2 years. So moving him #3 or #1 seems like reactionary to me a bit. Not sure where KOC had him pre-tourney but it seems like some of the guys are out of sight out of mind and others are front and center so moving up. KOC puts up big boards pretty late compared to others so it might just be him forming his initial thoughts.

I like Clingan. There could be issues at the next level guarding in space. I'd also want to see the medicals... he had a foot or ankle or something that had some concern.

I'm not actually sure that Clingan is a better prospect than Kessler was, and I'm not sure I expect much different results tbh. Maybe he has a stronger mentality. It's another reminder of the quality of this draft.

It's not necessarily the difference between 27% and 50% and 68% and 85%....it's the difference between 27% and 36% and 68% and 78%. That's still a massive jump.

I did not think he was an NBA prospect based on his early season play....but checking back in and looking at his season totals, he's definitely in that late first/early second range imo.
Yeah, I saw very little of him because Kentucky lost early in the tournament, but he seems like a prospect you can take a shot at late 1st...

Clingan just looks so wonky when he tries to do his post stuff and I question his ability to finish in traffic at the NBA level.

Maybe I'm completely wrong and there is a mountainous gap between Edey/Clingan when it comes to defensive mobility, but I would easily put Edey above Clingan.
I don't know if its true but he seems to have like high hips. He's a bit clunky. I'm curious to see how he fills out.

I'm not touching either in the top 8/9

I'm not actually sure that Clingan is a better prospect than Kessler was, and I'm not sure I expect much different results tbh. Maybe he has a stronger mentality. It's another reminder of the quality of this draft.
I saw a tweet that showed his rim protection numbers were slightly better than Kessler. He also didn't get played off the floor in space but has a better team around him? I think he's a better prospect but might end up being pretty similar.

I don’t agree with that at all.

He's been that all year... I mean 2 years. So moving him #3 or #1 seems like reactionary to me a bit. Not sure where KOC had him pre-tourney but it seems like some of the guys are out of sight out of mind and others are front and center so moving up. KOC puts up big boards pretty late compared to others so it might just be him forming his initial thoughts.

I like Clingan. There could be issues at the next level guarding in space. I'd also want to see the medicals... he had a foot or ankle or something that had some concern.
Givony has him top-5 too.