What's new

2024 NBA Draft Mega Thread

I would take a swing on this guy with our second rounder. I wouldn't go higher than that but there it makes a ton of sense for an upside swing.
If he is sitting there with our late 1st then I'm not taking the risk of him not slipping to 32. I think his floor is probably the clippers pick for the thunder.

View: https://twitter.com/Sam_Vecenie/status/1779947452000514388

Apparently Sam has not bought the Melochill hype train

He's draftable. He's got the right combination of size/length, athleticism, motor and touch around the rim to be rotational. He can also pass. He showed a lot of the right things at the Hoop Summit--screens, hedges, contests. And he's only 18. He must have gotten enough positive feedback in Portland to enter the draft. Teams just watched him practice all last week.

The argument against Chomche is whether his positional value justifies the investment in development. For a team like the Jazz, I think it does. He'll probably go in the late 1st or early 2nd, and probably to a team that has multiple picks, but he's worth it. Washingon at #26 is a possibility.

He's draftable. He's got the right combination of size/length, athleticism, motor and touch around the rim to be rotational. He can also pass. He showed a lot of the right things at the Hoop Summit--screens, hedges, contests. And he's only 18. He must have gotten enough positive feedback in Portland to enter the draft. Teams just watched him practice all last week.

The argument against Chomche is whether his positional value justifies the investment in development. For a team like the Jazz, I think it does. He'll probably go in the late 1st or early 2nd, and probably to a team that has multiple picks, but he's worth it. Washingon at #26 is a possibility.
I'll take the guy's take who was actually at the event.

Like I said, nothing about him jumps off the screen. Dime a dozen personified and he's extremely raw without no high level competition under his belt.

Idk if I would rank him as low as Sam, but I'm definitely not glazing him for no reason like you

This draft has some long wings in the late 1st, early 2nd who can shoot the ball. Guys like Da Silva, Klintman, Diadet, Josh Hall and Justin Edwards. There's a bit of depth here.

Like I said, nothing about him jumps off the screen. Dime a dozen personified and he's extremely raw without no high level competition under his belt.

Idk if I would rank him as low as Sam, but I'm definitely not glazing him for no reason like you

Funny thing is, if you go back and look a the history of this thread, Cy is the guy who got Ferg interested in Chomche in the first place, lol.

I'm not "glazing " anybody. It's obvious he's an NBA prospect. And he did just jump into the draft the day after the Hoop Summit. So obviously there was positive feedback there.

Vecenie gets paid to share opinions. Some of those opinions are wishy washy and tend to change. Where was he on GG Jackson last year? Did he have GG as a lottery prospect? His colleague Adam Spinella did. Spinella now works for the 76'ers btw.

Funny thing is, if you go back and look a the history of this thread, Cy is the guy who got Ferg interested in Chomche in the first place, lol.
Lol yeah I identified as someone who could jump from being unknown. He needed to standout at the camp though and he didn't. Doesn't look like a standout athlete. He's 2 years away from being two years away. Not a first round prospect imo.

I'm not "glazing " anybody. It's obvious he's an NBA prospect. And he did just jump into the draft the day after the Hoop Summit. So obviously there was positive feedback there.

Vecenie gets paid to share opinions. Some of those opinions are wishy washy and tend to change. Where was he on GG Jackson last year? Did he have GG as a lottery prospect? His colleague Adam Spinella did.
He might just not want to go to college. Or maybe a certain team said they'd put him on a 2 way and that was good enough

He might also be in a hurry to pay off gambling debts. More likely, there are teams telling him that he'll be drafted.
I really dont think that is likely. Still way too many unknowns for anyone to promise anything. Maybe he's trying to pull a Klintman and try to build hype off the idea of a promise.

Also Barlowe called Chomche raw and questioned the updated height. Seems like a lot of prospects got their height changed to their height in shoes but got to call it without shoes measurements.

Really can't trust any of these places that do measurements anymore

Also Barlowe called Chomche raw and questioned the updated height. Seems like a lot of prospects got their height changed to their height in shoes but got to call it without shoes measurements.

Really can't trust any of these places that do measurements anymore

He needs a good Combine, good interviews and good draft workouts. Same as every other prospect.