What's new

2024 NBA Draft Mega Thread

I still have Topic and Williams at the top of my board, thinking they have the potential to be the highest-impact players in the draft. They've both been injured and out of sight for a month or two, but it doesn't change my impression. I have Sarr as a top-3 guy, mostly for his potential as an impact defender who can guard space.

I see the appeal of Sheppard. His ability to read and anticipate on defense look All World, and his shooting is as bankable as anyone in the draft. It's really just a question of what he can do against bigger NBA athletes, especially when the game slows down. Does he run off of screens? Does he shoot off of motion? Can he create enough to be your lead guard? Can he beat a trap? There just appear to be some limitations.

A little late on this, but my board + tiers (not done too much scouting this draft).

1. Sheppard
2. Risacher
3. Holland

4. Buzelis
5. Topic
6. Castle
7. Collier

8. Sarr
9. Williams
10. Dillingham
11. Walter

12. Knecht
13. Clingan
14. Flip
15. Furphy
Why you hate Sarr

I'd give DaRon Holmes a long look anywhere in the 2nd round. He's a live, long athlete, plays really hard, extremely productive, and has gotten significantly better year over year.

I guess the question for me is, why should Sarr go number one? I feel like he's being defaulted to #1, but I haven't seen a compelling case as to why. Sarr is not Mobely/JJJ to me. To me he's more like Nic Claxton.
Fair. I think if Nic Claxton could shoot it changes things a lot. He has no hope there… Sarr could develop there has more potential to do so imo. I also think he may get stronger than Nic who is pretty wiry but it’s a guess.

Fair. I think if Nic Claxton could shoot it changes things a lot. He has no hope there… Sarr could develop there has more potential to do so imo. I also think he may get stronger than Nic who is pretty wiry but it’s a guess.

I don't think Sarr can shoot. If he was not a big man, we'd say he sucks at shooting based on his indicators. There's always a chance a bad shooter turns into a good one, but you project that kind of development for everyone and suddenly you've got a bunch of amazing prospects. I love the idea of Nic Claxton that can shoot, but I also love the idea of Ron Holland with a jump shot even more.

The most compelling reason to put Sarr higher for me is....well everyone has him higher. But while I think he's good I struggle to see why he's so much better than the other guys.

@KqWIN and I have the same #1 who is not the consensus top player? He’s guaranteed to be a star now. That’s the rules.

I don't think Sarr can shoot. If he was not a big man, we'd say he sucks at shooting based on his indicators. There's always a chance a bad shooter turns into a good one, but you project that kind of development for everyone and suddenly you've got a bunch of amazing prospects. I love the idea of Nic Claxton that can shoot, but I also love the idea of Ron Holland with a jump shot even more.

The most compelling reason to put Sarr higher for me is....well everyone has him higher. But while I think he's good I struggle to see why he's so much better than the other guys.
71% from the FT line isn't amazing but its a solid starting point for an 18 yo big. I like his shooting form in the 15-18 foot range and with the turnarounds and stuff. On the three point line there seems to be a little bit of noise... not sure how to describe it but its like his legs take a second and are slower than the rest of his body. I am not assuming he can shoot. Its a swing skill... just saying he has more potential to do it than Nic ever did.

The "who will improve at shooting?" guys in this draft are kind of fascinating. I like Holland and Castle if they shoot it too. Just think if Sarr does it then you have a defensive anchor that is fluid, can handle, can shoot, and can pass. Having another offensive hub would be nice. This is of course if it all comes together.

Look... I watched the full 10 minute youtube on Sarr.... I know my **** here lol.

71% from the FT line isn't amazing but its a solid starting point for an 18 yo big. I like his shooting form in the 15-18 foot range and with the turnarounds and stuff. On the three point line there seems to be a little bit of noise... not sure how to describe it but its like his legs take a second and are slower than the rest of his body. I am not assuming he can shoot. Its a swing skill... just saying he has more potential to do it than Nic ever did.

The "who will improve at shooting?" guys in this draft are kind of fascinating. I like Holland and Castle if they shoot it too. Just think if Sarr does it then you have a defensive anchor that is fluid, can handle, can shoot, and can pass. Having another offensive hub would be nice. This is of course if it all comes together.

Look... I watched the full 10 minute youtube on Sarr.... I know my **** here lol.
And some of my stuff with him would depend on interviews. As a GM I would be really weird about making sure my big guys were motivated and liked basketball. They have to do a lot of the tough stuff and its not all fun... I don't want DeAndre Ayton's. So he'd have to tick that box.

A little late on this, but my board + tiers (not done too much scouting this draft).

1. Sheppard
2. Risacher
3. Holland

4. Buzelis
5. Topic
6. Castle
7. Collier

8. Sarr
9. Williams
10. Dillingham
11. Walter

12. Knecht
13. Clingan
14. Flip
15. Furphy
Please let Williams drop to 9. Just where we want him

These mocks just show how deep this draft really is. Pretty much everyone's mock has 3 or 4 guys going 9 or later that all of us would love to have.

Kanter, Exum, Wizards for 30 years were all part of a tear down, rebuild. Yeah, let's blow things up for a small chance for a star, but most likely a rebuild to nowhere!