What's new

2024 NBA Draft Mega Thread

I don’t… he has no motivation to tell you what he is thinking… why do we assume it’s all 100% true. I mean J Kidd was honest about what the mavs were doing… what happened?

We hang on what he says like it’s gospel… that’s what makes me laugh. This is also what we call a joke and I do not call him a liar at every turn.
No one shares all their thoughts. That doesnt make one a liar.

I will assume he is honest until he gets caught with his hand in the cookie jar. You do the opposite by all means, but just stop with the slander.

No one shares all their thoughts. That doesnt make one a liar.

I will assume he is honest until he gets caught with his hand in the cookie jar. You do the opposite by all means, but just stop with the slander.
I will say whatever I want… slander lol.

I get lying when it makes sense, but I dont really see the value of Ainge saying he likes the 2024 draft more than the 2023. I'm sure you can probably talk yourself into some kind of motive, but I think it's just Ainge musing in the moment.

I get lying when it makes sense, but I dont really see the value of Ainge saying he likes the 2024 draft more than the 2023. I'm sure you can probably talk yourself into some kind of motive, but I think it's just Ainge musing in the moment.
I think he kinda just likes throwing stuff in there… we just can’t act like it’s gospel. I don’t think he had done some detailed analysis. May have a guy or two he likes in that draft or was just kinda downplaying the 23 draft.

Is shoulder height measurements a new thing?
I can see it as a better measurement of size, as you may have a long neck and big head but that doesn't do much for your overall size. Shoulder height is a direct reflection of overall size, when you think about it. Like in Fletch, when he was 6'4", but 6'8" with the afro.

Is shoulder height measurements a new thing?
not sure if that's just a hoop summit thing or not. but it's sorta interesting. looks like most guys are anywhere from 11" to a foot from shoulder to top of the head. if you're under 11" you have a short neck/head area and if you're over a foot, you have a longer than normal neck/head area. Aiden Holloway and Miro Little seem to be on each end of the spectrum. only about an inch apart in height, but nearly 4 inches in shoulder height. not really sure what the take away is supposed be, if any. at the end of the day, a combination of height and wingspan probably matters most.

I can see it as a better measurement of size, as you may have a long neck and big head but that doesn't do much for your overall size. Shoulder height is a direct reflection of overall size, when you think about it. Like in Fletch, when he was 6'4", but 6'8" with the afro.
it sorta does though - it affects visibility. it's harder to pass or shoot if a head is in your way vs only having arms.

it sorta does though - it affects visibility. it's harder to pass or shoot if a head is in your way vs only having arms.
Eh an extra inch in your neck it not as much an advantage an extra inch in the torso or legs.

View: https://twitter.com/Loppe_V/status/1644994175388073985

Wow, pretty wild to average those stats in the Euroleague, even on a bad team.

Those aren't his actual stats. He played 13 minutes and only in half of their games and averaged 3,2ppg.

That x100poss is some wild *** extrapolation, purely to hype the man.

His team's pace was 70 poss per game in the Euroleague. So that stat is: what if instead of 13 minutes he had played 57 minutes in every 40 minute game he suited up for...