What's new

2024 NBA Draft Mega Thread

Those aren't his actual stats. He played 13 minutes and only in half of their games and averaged 3,2ppg.

That x100poss is some wild *** extrapolation, purely to hype the man.

His team's pace was 70 poss per game in the Euroleague. So that stat is: what if instead of 13 minutes he had played 57 minutes in every 40 minute game he suited up for...
13 minutes or 13 mpg?

Just checked it. It was 13 mpg. That is still wildly good for an 18 year old in the Euroleague. Posting per 100 possessions stats isn't wild for a 13 mpg player, that's nearly 1/3rd of the game

Posting per 100 possessions stats isn't wild for a 13 mpg player, that's nearly 1/3rd of the game
Posting per36 isn't wild (although per30 would be more suitable for FIBA rules) . Posting x100poss is wild for Euroleague. Everyone understands what per36 means: if you'd been a starter playing max minutes. You can't play 57 minutes in 40 minute games and a stat to describe what someone would've done HAD they played 57 minutes is just silly.

Posting per36 isn't wild (although per30 would be more suitable for FIBA rules) . Posting x100poss is wild for Euroleague. Everyone understands what per36 means: if you'd been a starter playing max minutes. You can't play 57 minutes in 40 minute games and a stat to describe what someone would've done HAD they played 57 minutes is just silly.
I'm confused why 100 possessions is so wild. I think most people know what a possession is and they are used across the board for the sake of consistency

I'm confused why 100 possessions is so wild. I think most people know what a possession is and they are used across the board for the sake of consistency
Because comparing those numbers gives out completely unrealistic results. 13/8 with great efficiency in the Euroleague as a 18yo makes you the guaranteed top pick in the draft and everyone's tanking to get you.

#1: The pace of play. In the NBA 100, for his Euroleague team 70. Per100 is a good comp for teams actually playing 100 poss per game. It only inflates when it's actually 70.

Because comparing those numbers gives out completely unrealistic results. 13/8 with great efficiency in the Euroleague as a 18yo makes you the guaranteed top pick in the draft and everyone's tanking to get you.

#1: The pace of play. In the NBA 100, for his Euroleague team 70. Per100 is a good comp for teams actually playing 100 poss per game. It only inflates when it's actually 70.
I think everyone understands that per 100 is not per game...

What is it for then? If he had played a full 1½ games for each game? If he had played 4½ times the minutes he actually had? That number is completely meaningless for comparison to any other Euroleague player. It's not a good ppg, not great, not amazing - just irrelevant.

What is it for then? If he had played a full 1½ games for each game? If he had played 4½ times the minutes he actually had? That number is completely meaningless for comparison to any other Euroleague player. It's not a good ppg, not great, not amazing - just irrelevant.
It's for comparisons to all prospects across various leagues my guy and the important numbers are the percentages.

OKC owns Houston’s 2024 1st top-4 protected from the Chris Paul/Russell Westbrook trade. That is ****ing wild.
That's why they're tanking their asses off this year. Gonna suddenly go for it hard next year. Will be interesting to see how that plays out.

OKC owns Houston’s 2024 1st top-4 protected from the Chris Paul/Russell Westbrook trade. That is ****ing wild.
That’s why it doesn’t make any sense for Houston to suck anymore. Hopefully they’re happy with their rebuild. . .

Westbrook has single-handedly destroyed the success of multiple teams over the past several seasons. . . and it’s still being felt. Lakers are lucky the Jazz bailed them out. He would’ve tanked them right out of the playoffs.

That’s why it doesn’t make any sense for Houston to suck anymore. Hopefully they’re happy with their rebuild. . .

Westbrook has single-handedly destroyed the success of multiple teams over the past several seasons. . . and it’s still being felt. Lakers are lucky the Jazz bailed them out. He would’ve tanked them right out of the playoffs.
Sounds like he helped OKC a great deal and he was pretty good for the Clippers.

Sounds like he helped OKC a great deal and he was pretty good for the Clippers.
There is a lot to unpack about his time at OKC (including that he might’ve help push Durant out the door), but he helped OKC most when they were talent depleted. He might be the highest floor raiser and hardest ceiling capper of anyone in recent history.

Risacher does look quite intriguing. He is 8-9 months younger than Bilal, thought it would be interesting to compare their numbers as they've played in the same leagues. All numbers per36

Player - Age - League

Risacher - 17 - French U21: 17/7/5/1 - 52% TS - 42/29/74

Risacher - 17 - French Senior: 7/4/2/1/1 - 41% TS - 33/2957

Coulibaly - 17 - French U21: 16/6/2/2/1 - 52% TS - 45/20/68

Coulibaly - 18 - French U21: 25/7/3/3/1 - 63% TS - 53/32/77

Coulibaly - 18 - French Senior: 10/6/2/2 - 62%TS - 53/45/60

I thought Danny said he liked the 24 class better than the 23 class? Or is it not true?
I believe that was when 2024 was expected to be the "double draft" when the usual "1 and done" kids were available PLUS kids straight from high school since the age limit was expected to be adjusted down.