What's new

2024 NBA Draft Mega Thread

He said it, but the general thought is that he was just saying random ****.
People took it as gospel… some of the beat writers have mentioned that the tone on the 2024 draft from the front office is that is no bueno. It looks like it will likely be the worst draft in like a 7 year window unless some dudes emerge.

People took it as gospel… some of the beat writers have mentioned that the tone on the 2024 draft from the front office is that is no bueno. It looks like it will likely be the worst draft in like a 7 year window unless some dudes emerge.
I really hate the idea of judging drafts early, but typically a lack of clear top guy means there probably isnt a top 10 potential player in the draft (these guys usually dont materialize out of nowhere w/ rare exceptions), but there is a lot more to drafts than that and i think it's impossible to know the actual overall quality of any draft this far out in regards to the non-top players.

Givony/Woo posted an early 2024 mock draft. They have Flip and Clingan both in the top-10. Both guys Cy and myself were higher on that consensus in this years draft.

BTW thats some fugly basketball France vs Serbia...
I can't believe Risacher is considered a top 5 pick. He's so underwhelming. Did literally nothing in the first 2 minutes but commit 2 stupid fouls and has now been sitting for the rest of the 1st quarter.

Melvin Ajinca looks interesting.... big long wing, active on D... has some ball skills and a smooth lefty shot from 3(high 3p%, high FT%)... doesn't seem like he's the most bouncy player, though... would love to see how he develops this year... seems like he's cousin of Alexis Ajinca

Risacher in play again.... he is doing NOTHING.... and his coach took him out again... so weird. They are leading by 30 so... might be keeping him for the semis...

Last edited:
I get lying when it makes sense, but I dont really see the value of Ainge saying he likes the 2024 draft more than the 2023. I'm sure you can probably talk yourself into some kind of motive, but I think it's just Ainge musing in the moment.

It’s probably just being contrarian for the sake of doing so like many of us do.

BTW thats some fugly basketball France vs Serbia...
I can't believe Risacher is considered a top 5 pick. He's so underwhelming. Did literally nothing in the first 2 minutes but commit 2 stupid fouls and has now been sitting for the rest of the 1st quarter.

Melvin Ajinca looks interesting.... big long wing, active on D... has some ball skills and a smooth lefty shot from 3(high 3p%, high FT%)... doesn't seem like he's the most bouncy player, though... would love to see how he develops this year... seems like he's cousin of Alexis Ajinca

Risacher in play again.... he is doing NOTHING.... and his coach took him out again... so weird. They are leading by 30 so... might be keeping him for the semis...
How did Sarr look? I'm curious to see how he does in a pro setting after playing in OTE.

Risacher is raw. I think he's a long-term project. Hopefully he improves as the year goes on, but he does fit the mold of a French disappointment where he is long and toolsy, but just not a lot of assertive offensive ability.

The Ajinca video you posted looked OK. Not seeing a lot of tools and the shot did not look smooth to me (?)(sometimes the lefty shot can just look off to the eye so maybe thats it).

I've heard Cody Williams has really disappointed this summer as well.