What's new

2024 NBA Draft Mega Thread

How did Sarr look? I'm curious to see how he does in a pro setting after playing in OTE.
He moves really well, anticipatory defense ... his length shows up both in the passing lanes and in rim protection. Offensively, I know he's supposed to have some on-ball intrigue, but didn't show much of it in this game. I want to see him against better competition.
Risacher is raw. I think he's a long-term project. Hopefully he improves as the year goes on, but he does fit the mold of a French disappointment where he is long and toolsy, but just not a lot of assertive offensive ability.
He looked much better in the second half. Similar to Sarr - great defensive length and anticipation. stole like 5 balls in 15 minutes of play. He is a smooth MF-er. You can see why people like his potential... shot looks good, seems to have some on-ball talent... but still... I expect much better from a potential top 10 talent agains this type of competition. Dante for example was killing these types of teams. Risacher kind of ...floats a lot. I will try to watch their game vs Spain. Spain BTW looks murderous in this tournament. They are winning some games by like 100-20... and this is in the elimination stage...
The Ajinca video you posted looked OK. Not seeing a lot of tools and the shot did not look smooth to me (?)(sometimes the lefty shot can just look off to the eye so maybe thats it).
Ajinca looks like potential 3 and D type of prospect, with the D a bit questionable because of lack of elite athleticism. But he looks like he knows how to play the game. He has some off-the-dribble ability, but IMO his handle would have to be developed in order to be applicable in NBA setting. He has good motor. IMO he can be a late 1st-2nd if he has a good season this year, especially in a weak draft.
I've heard Cody Williams has really disappointed this summer as well.
Haven't seen him.

USA vs France FIBA WC U19 semi final ... starting now...

refs are very trigger happy when calling fouls on team France. Both Sarr and Risacher with early 2 fouls and are out of the game. Team USA seems VERY mediocre and beatable.

Last edited:
Cody Williams is trash... so that's how Risacher is ranked top 5...

If those are two of the top 5 projected players in the 2024 draft, it must be one of the weakest drafts in history.

Team France just beat team USA! Wow! Very weak USA team. I think it's one of the weakest I've seen in one of those tournaments. Risacher played one of his better games. I don't see how Cody Williams is a 1st rounder at all, let alone top 5 picks. Are those scouting agencies and media actually sure they've watched those players? Ajinca again was clutch in the game. Sarr flashed some ballhandling and great movement with the ball in hands... Sarr, Ajinca, Risacher, Perrin... I can see all of those getting drafted.

Cody Williams is trash... so that's how Risacher is ranked top 5...

If those are two of the top 5 projected players in the 2024 draft, it must be one of the weakest drafts in history.
Is he that bad? Some of the more HS oriented scouts in my GC said he should be a 3 star.

From what I can tell it seems like everyone is echoing @stitches thoughts. No one is impressed, and whenever there is a "lottery" guy the discussion is more about why he's even a lottery prospect to begin with.

From what I can tell it seems like everyone is echoing @stitches thoughts. No one is impressed, and whenever there is a "lottery" guy the discussion is more about why he's even a lottery prospect to begin with.
Almansa looks great. He MIGHT actually be a legit lottery talent. Spain as a whole has been an unstoppable force in this tournament. They pummel any team that's put in front of them. They beat France by 20 in the group stage and now they are facing them in the final. Lets see if France can make any adjustments and make it more interesting.

Almansa looks great. He MIGHT actually be a legit lottery talent. Spain as a whole has been an unstoppable force in this tournament. They pummel any team that's put in front of them. They beat France by 20 in the group stage and now they are facing them in the final. Lets see if France can make any adjustments and make it more interesting.
Important to note Team USA didn't recruit well this year. A lot of the top USA guys didn't play.

Important to note Team USA didn't recruit well this year. A lot of the top USA guys didn't play.
Do they even know who their top guys are? Cuz Cody Williams definitely ain't it and I've seen him in the top 5 of pretty much every mock draft I've seen for 2024.

Do they even know who their top guys are? Cuz Cody Williams definitely ain't it and I've seen him in the top 5 of pretty much every mock draft I've seen for 2024.
Cody is 7th, but guys like Holland, Edwards, and Collier didn't play. I think Omaha was the only other top 20 guy from the class? Don't quote me though, could be mistaken

I have to admit... RIsacher does look very intriguing. I think right now the idea of what he can be is more appealing than what he actually is... but you can see the talent. He's a smooth operator from the wing. Has ball skills, has the shot... has length and good size on defense... moves well... good athlete. In general he seems to have a lot of what you would want out of a top pick. He needs to put it all together though... and he needs to be more assertive. He kind of... needs to do what Wemby did - go to a team that's built around him and let him cook in preparation for NBA draft. I'm not so sure he's as good as to warrant that type of resources redirected at his development though...