What's new

2024 NBA Draft Mega Thread

Is Chomche really going to go undrafted? Or go to college? He needs training but the English skill would make it a ton of work but I think the Jazz could pull it off. He's a scrub that can turn into a high level player but no team is going to put in the work to help him? Really?

Is Chomche really going to go undrafted? Or go to college? He needs training but the English skill would make it a ton of work but I think the Jazz could pull it off. He's a scrub that can turn into a high level player but no team is going to put in the work to help him? Really?

He'll get drafted and go to the Gleague, or he'll get picked up as an UDFA and go to the Gleague. If none of that happens, he'll go to Europe probably.

Updated ESPN mock draft from Givony and Woo just dropped this morning.

1. Sarr
2. Risacher
3. Sheppard
4. Dillingham
5. Buzelis
6. Clingan
7. Topic
8. Salaun
9. Knecht
10. Castle
11. Holland
12. Williams
13. Walter
14. Edey
15. McCain
16. Carter
17. Da Silva
18. Furphy
19. George
20. Carrington
21. Collier
22. Filipowski
23. Missi
24. Smith
25. Ware
26. Klintman
27. Scheierman
28. Kolek
29. Edwards
30. McCullar
31. Dunn
32. Tyson
33. Shannon Jr

Edwards? As in, Justin Edwards?

David Locke is trying to sell his listeners on Devin Carter and Stephon Castle. His argument for Castle is that Marcus Smart couldn't shoot either.

I like Castle and think he will be in the Marcus Smart role in the NBA….but Smart had sooo much more than Castle as a prospect.

I really hate these simplified arguments. Take any shooter and assume they can shoot….wow everyone is great now.

Supposedly the University of Washington is throwing around millions of dollars at basketball players that are unlikely to even go to the NBA. If the gave $2M to Osobor, maybe they would give Chomche $3M and get him a tutor/interpreter.

I like Castle and think he will be in the Marcus Smart role in the NBA….but Smart had sooo much more than Castle as a prospect.

I really hate these simplified arguments. Take any shooter and assume they can shoot….wow everyone is great now.

Smart could really get downhill and get to the rim. If Castle could do that, I'd be more sold. Offensively, I think Collier is more comparable Smart. I'm surprised Locke hasn't talked much about Collier yet.

Probably Collier's measurements have hurt his draft stock.

Last edited:
Smart could really get downhill and get to the rim. If Castle could do that, I'd be more sold. Offensively, I think Collier is more comparable Smart. I'm surprised Locke hasn't talked much about Collier yet.

Offensively, I can see that. Smart was a freaking beast in college and also had irrational confidence. Even though he didn't make jump shots he took a lot of them. Defensively, he was also a complete menace and defensive playmaker. While Castle is a great on ball defender, he was not nearly the defensive playmaker Smart was which is why I think he will be a tier down from elite as a defender in the NBA.

Collier is still very interesting to me. For me, getting to the basket and finishing/getting FT's is a premium skill and he was awesome at it. 51% of his shots were at the rim and also ~50% FTr. 62% shooting around the basket is pretty good as well.

If he was a 75%+ FT shooter he might in the conversation for number one....did he fall too much?

Collier is still very interesting to me. For me, getting to the basket and finishing/getting FT's is a premium skill and he was awesome at it. 51% of his shots were at the rim and also ~50% FTr. 62% shooting around the basket is pretty good as well.

If he was a 75%+ FT shooter he might in the conversation for number one....did he fall too much?
He's also a pretty talented passer (at least as a driver) and the shot doesnt look bad to me. Also played on a terrible team that had to deal with the Bronny hype.

I'd go to the NBL. The league seems to have respect among NBA teams as long as you are a rotation player over there.

I've been a big Devin Carter guy since looking him up 30 seconds ago.

I've always maintained he should be our guy at #10.
I think he is my #1 for pick 10. Cason Wallace was my number #1 last year. I see similarities, with Wallace being a better defender (but, Carter still a very good defender) and Carter being a better offensive prospect. That is saying something too with Wallace playing as good of offense as he did this year.

Here is a CBS Sports right up on Devin Carter from the combine:

Winner: Providence's Carter is, indeed, athletic​

Providence guard Devin Carter, the reigning Big East Player of the Year who had a career season leading the Friars while averaging 19.7 points, 8.7 rebounds and 3.6 assists per game, showed off his giddy-up in a big way out of the gate Monday with some (literal) record-breaking in the process. He tied for first among all participants with a 42.0 inch max vertical jump, had a 10.63 second pro-lane agility drill time (third best among players at the combine) then set an NBA Draft Combine record for the 3/4 court sprint with 2.87 seconds. Oh, and he measured with the longest wingspan (6-8.75) among all point guards at the combine, to boot. Not a bad day at the office for Mr. Carter.

I think he is my #1 for pick 10. Cason Wallace was my number #1 last year. I see similarities, with Wallace being a better defender (but, Carter still a very good defender) and Carter being a better offensive prospect. That is saying something too with Wallace playing as good of offense as he did this year.

Here is a CBS Sports right up on Devin Carter from the combine:

Winner: Providence's Carter is, indeed, athletic​

Providence guard Devin Carter, the reigning Big East Player of the Year who had a career season leading the Friars while averaging 19.7 points, 8.7 rebounds and 3.6 assists per game, showed off his giddy-up in a big way out of the gate Monday with some (literal) record-breaking in the process. He tied for first among all participants with a 42.0 inch max vertical jump, had a 10.63 second pro-lane agility drill time (third best among players at the combine) then set an NBA Draft Combine record for the 3/4 court sprint with 2.87 seconds. Oh, and he measured with the longest wingspan (6-8.75) among all point guards at the combine, to boot. Not a bad day at the office for Mr. Carter.
The big question for me is can he really play pg and are his shooting numbers from this last year legit.

The big question for me is can he really play pg and are his shooting numbers from this last year legit.
I think he can be a combo guard with George. They both play pg sometimes and both play off-ball sometimes. As far as the shooting who knows, but he definitely has the pedigree.

Point guards who have a a great wingspan, can shoot it, who can jump out of the gym, move the ball and can execute and learn what a coach wants to do will always have a place in the NBA. This kind of player helps you win, I don't care if you a seven footer or not - the obsession with only size at the expense all else is ridiculous. Think Mike Conley's value to the Twovles. Yes, he is surrounded by size but Mike does a lot of valuable things to help guide his teams to wins.

The question I have how much better will he be than other guards in five years. Is he a second contract guy? Would he be above average? I want to think every guy on my roster is above average than other players in the league compared to their role.

Last edited: