What's new

2024 NBA Draft Mega Thread

We desperately need wings, although I'm not super confident in any of the ones that appear to be in our range. Hopefully we get the right one.
I would want to move some of our guards if we went this route and maybe we could trade back and still get Carter. I'm intrigued. The activity stuff has been a huge indicator of success in the past.

Interesting Cody Williams proday at the Lakers. Would we trade 10 for 17? And what would we get? That's a good place in the draft to be for role players.

Protection removal? A Sexton trade? A Markkanen bonanza?

Wait...a simple Cody Williams for Carter trade on draft night and then the Jazz get the protections taken off the 2027 Lakers pick. I really like it and it is more realistic than dealing with OKC who squeezes everything out of a deal. And the Lakers generate value by turning the 17th pick into the 10th which is more appealing trade (along with their other future picks) to another team for a star.

Last edited:
Interesting Cody Williams proday at the Lakers. Would we trade 10 for 17? And what would we get? That's a good place in the draft to be for role players.

Protection removal? A Sexton trade? A Markkanen bonanza?

Wait...a simple Cody Williams for Carter trade on draft night and then the Jazz get the protections taken off the 2027 Lakers pick. I really like it and it is more realistic than dealing with OKC who squeezes everything out of a deal.

A bunch of players are holding their Pro Days at the Lakers' practice facility. It's just a private facility to do workouts in the LA area.

Holland interview had me dying at moments.

KOC: "What NBA move from a player would you download if you could?"

Holland: "The Damian Lillard hard dribble side step jumper, I feel like Im good at shooting off the dribble"

The lack of self-awareness can be astonishing among players who cant shoot but are convinced they can.

Holland interview had me dying at moments.

KOC: "What NBA move from a player would you download if you could?"

Holland: "The Damian Lillard hard dribble side step jumper, I feel like Im good at shooting off the dribble"

The lack of self-awareness can be astonishing among players who cant shoot but are convinced they can.
"You guys were so bad they folded the whole team."

Today https://www.tankathon.com/mock_draft finally updated their mock draft for the first time in 3 weeks.
1. Sarr
2. Risacher
3. Sheppard
4. Topic
5. Buzelis
6. Clingan
7. Holland
8. Knecht
9. Castle
10. Dillingham
11. Williams
12. Salaun