What's new

#45- Knicks at Jazz 8:30 Mtn on ESPN - If at first you don't succeed, try, try again

That pass by Mitchell to JoeJ was basketball at its finest. Wish Joe would have hit, but man that was pretty.

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app
Both JJ and ingles had very good open looks. At least JJ was close on his. Ingles put up a horrendous brick.

Been saying it for awhile now, someone needs to look at how many open shots the Jazz get (like the % of total shots, broken down into open and contested) compare those to the rest of the league (I bet they are in top 5 of the league in getting open looks) and then look at how many they actually hit, I bet they are bottom 5 in the league at hitting the open look.

Not too mention how many open looks do not get taken (looking at you Ingles) that lead to TO's.

Rubio actually looked good offensively last night. He had several assist either missed, fumbled, or the player got fouled and went to the FT line.

Reactions: MVP
Hahahahaha, guy returns from injury, drops 23 on 10 shots and some people wants him out of the offense... because he looks awkward? Vintage jazzfanz comedy hour.
This.

Had a good laugh when rubio pump fakes a 3, trey burkes didnt flinch a single muscle

At least it was better basketball entertainment than the globetrotters game I shelled out over $100 for, GOJAZZ!!!

Had a good laugh when rubio pump fakes a 3, trey burkes didnt flinch a single muscle

At least it was better basketball entertainment than the globetrotters game I shelled out over $100 for, GOJAZZ!!!
You shelled out money to see the Globetrotters?

Got a little one thought he'd enjoy it, wifes idea mostly I swear, really I tried backing out

Got a little one thought he'd enjoy it, wifes idea mostly I swear, really I tried backing out
Weren’t the the Globetrotters Roger Braille’s last stop before we signed him for round two?

Been saying it for awhile now, someone needs to look at how many open shots the Jazz get (like the % of total shots, broken down into open and contested) compare those to the rest of the league (I bet they are in top 5 of the league in getting open looks) and then look at how many they actually hit, I bet they are bottom 5 in the league at hitting the open look.

Not too mention how many open looks do not get taken (looking at you Ingles) that lead to TO's.

I have posted these numbers a few times this season. Most of the season we have lead the league in open uncontested shots. To start the season we were the worst and shooting them. Then during our winning stretch we moved up towards the top of the league.

Currently the Jazz are still #1 in this category with Houston being #2 of most wide open uncontested shots per game. Right now Jazz are shooting the 6th worst in the league. They had moved into the top 5 during the winning stretch but it has dropped quickly since then.

But Jazz are simply shooting the 6th worst FG% in the league regardless of the shot right now. We rely a lot on jump shots and we are pretty inconsistent at them as a team.

@Hekate

Not really, his favorite part by far was their mascot throwing himself to the ground to the tubthumping song, as seen in this random tube i found:

Hahahahaha, guy returns from injury, drops 23 on 10 shots and some people wants him out of the offense... because he looks awkward? Vintage jazzfanz comedy hour.

Sorry did we beat the Knicks? I saw 3 balls go through Rudys hand when guys were in transition and should have finished, instead the passed to Rudy and he muffed it. Rudys hands arent what they were last year, if you cant see that you must watch Boxscores not games.

Sorry did we beat the Knicks? I saw 3 balls go through Rudys hand when guys were in transition and should have finished, instead the passed to Rudy and he muffed it. Rudys hands arent what they were last year, if you cant see that you must watch Boxscores not games.
Dude came back from an injury and it was clear he was gassed and rusty. Quin also played him more than he should, he had a 20 min restriction.

Dude came back from an injury and it was clear he was gassed and rusty. Quin also played him more than he should, he had a 20 min restriction.
Hes been dropping passes all year. Point im making is if DM is 3 ft from the basket in transition, finish it and have Rudy grab the board if he misses.

Hes been dropping passes all year. Point im making is if DM is 3 ft from the basket in transition, finish it and have Rudy grab the board if he misses.

So, you want Rudy Gobert to play like Tristan Thompson instead of giving him time to go back to last year's level, brilliant!

So, you want Rudy Gobert to play like Tristan Thompson instead of giving him time to go back to last year's level, brilliant!
No no, You missed one. I said he SHOULD be used in the PnR just like last year.

In transition just finish and let him mop up is my point.

Tough loss...

Especially considering a few guys played too many minutes for a back to back.

DM looked a bit flat, but give credit to Courtney Lee he played some seriously good defense. Looks like going under the screen was the plan against DM which seemed to work, we’ll see how other teams handle him.

I actually thought Neto looked really good, could have given him some extra minutes.

Anyway just hope DM doesn’t hit a rookie wall, otherwise I think the jazz will be unwatchable.