What's new

8.9 Earthquake hits Japan.

Yep, I have family that live very close the the ocean in Northern Japan. I just tried to contact them and am waiting to hear back.

TlkDJ.png

Meh.

If you've seen one natural disaster you've seen them all.

But Charlie Sheen???!!! Oh man, what will he do next???? Or those Kardasian chicks? Man alive! Give me another beer! March Madness is starting!

*reclines in the chair and eats the potato chip crums off shirt*

signed -Most Americans

Meh.

If you've seen one natural disaster you've seen them all.

But Charlie Sheen???!!! Oh man, what will he do next???? Or those Kardasian chicks? Man alive! Give me another beer! March Madness is starting!

*reclines in the chair and eats the potato chip crums off shirt*

signed -Most Americans

Turned on local TV this morning Fox, ABC, & CBS all had different stuff ranging from some home show to Disney on ice to wedding planning. KSL had earthquake news though.

Turned on local TV this morning Fox, ABC, & CBS all had different stuff ranging from some home show to Disney on ice to wedding planning. KSL had earthquake news though.

COL at the above two posts...

first thing I heard on the radio this morning was a story about Mel Gibson accepting a plea deal for his domestic battery case...
then they followed it up with something about authorities confiscating some weapons from Charlie Sheen's home...
arrrrggghhhh...

but at least that was just the "Entertainment Beat" - - they went on to the serious news and did report on the Japan quake and its after-effects

oh lordy, I just noticed the last line in the wikipedia article quoted in Chad's first post...

ya gotta love wikipedia!

Watching the video off the links on Drudge...wow. Just wow. Its absolutely amazing in a very dire sense. My condolences and best wishes to the people of Japan.

That is huge.
I was in the World Series earthquake and this one makes it look like a ripple.
There's alot of crazy stuff going on in the world.
Are there more natural disasters in the world lately, or do we just hear about them because of technology?

That is huge.
I was in the World Series earthquake and this one makes it look like a ripple.
There's alot of crazy stuff going on in the world.
Are there more natural disasters in the world lately, or do we just hear about them because of technology?

a lot of crazy stuff going on.

but people care more about jsutin biebers hair and charlie sheens meltdown.

Wow. What a sad day. I can't imagine watching your home be flooded, burned etc and just being helpless and wondering how am I going to feed my family for the next???

Growing up we hosted 5 exchange students from Japan--some are like family to me. I also have a cousin living in Sendai. Still waiting to hear from peeps.

Did anyone catch the 90.1 Radio West program yesterday evening about the Wasatch Front preparedness (or lack thereof)? Very interesting in the light of the recent discussion here on JazzFanz. They were talking also about the Christchurch one and how buildings there and here are very similar. Then I wake up and see this news. I find it fascinating such strong earthquake will do minimal damage to the buildings and infrastructure in Japan (who obviously know how to build).