What's new

A summary of what the Jazz sent, and received (with pick specifics)

Quote Originally Posted by Sexual Favors View Post
Facts are, we traded a 22 yr old who is shooting roughly 50% from the feild, 80% from FT, added a three-point shot which he hits at 31%. Per 36 minute, 18.4 pts and 10.4 reb player for a scrub, a euro who we'll never see, a second round pick, and first which will most likely be two second round picks. We could've got that value by window shopping the Dleague and just let Kanter walk if someone offered him something too high.

How do some of you, even the most ardent Kanter haters, see real value in this?

Don't even say cap space.

That was a pretty generic answer. There are so many big men who were horrible at passing, do you know why?? THAT'S NOT THERE JOB!! They are not there to be excellent passers, they are Centers!! If you have a Center that can pass, then it's a bonus. The point that Sexual Favors was making is that we traded for garbage. The trade needed to be done. Saying that we got rid of a center who couldn't pass is like saying we traded a point guard because he couldn't rebound or block shots. How about the next time that you quote a post to slam the comment (because we all know that's the only thing that your good at) you actually read it and have it make sense. We shouldn't have to make special flash cards to be able to properly communicate with one individual.

Quin and DL want passers at every position. Not saying I expected Kanter to be Magic Johnson in the post, but don't be Hellen Keller.

Quin and DL want passers at every position. Not saying I expected Kanter to be Magic Johnson in the post, but don't be Hellen Keller.

That's wonderful they want that, I am just glad they have a plan. Excuse my Helen Keller like mentality. So that means when Enes Kanter makes it clear he wants out. As DL and Quin you look at what you have. You have a center that has a 17.5 PER. Who is averaging 13.8 ppg and 8 reb on limited minutes, drafted 3rd overall, and then you say, "to hell with this guy, he can't pass! Lets trade him for nothing in return!!!" That makes perfect sense, thank you for clarifying that for me.
I could negotiate that and I'll except half of Lindsey's salary. If you are contempt with a GM that can guarantee a 25-30 win season, wonderful!!!! Take the old guy who begs for change at the corner of 3rd west and hire him for $300 a year. He could do what Lindsey is doing, blindfolded and with 2 wooded arms and a mermaid fin.

I wish kanter would have started every game last year and gobert played more last year too (playing marvin did us no good, he should have not played at all) so we could have known last year what we know now, while also inflating kanters numbers last season and maybe we could have got more for him by trading him last summer when he still had a year left on his rookie deal and hadn't asked for a trade yet.

This trade has been Corbined

GMs are not as stupid as before. They won't pay much for a guy that is posting empty stats, is disliked by ALL his former clubs fans and even the national team's fans. Fans are fans, but what about teammates? No Jazz player liked Kanter. On the contrary they actively wanted him gone, did not they? My point is you could not have gotten much in return anyway. And the worst case scenario would be keeping him.

ghpddqI.png

Facts are, we traded a 22 yr old who is shooting roughly 50% from the feild, 80% from FT, added a three-point shot which he hits at 31%. Per 36 minute, 18.4 pts and 10.4 reb player for a scrub, a euro who we'll never see, a second round pick, and first which will most likely be two second round picks. We could've got that value by window shopping the Dleague and just let Kanter walk if someone offered him something too high.

How do some of you, even the most ardent Kanter haters, see real value in this?y

Don't even say cap space.

Kanter is a massive cancer who needed to be excised from the team asap. And he's a piece of crap who lowered his value by crying about his playing time. The Jazz were lucky they got anything for him

There just wasn't much of a market for Kanter because:

a) He's going to be expensive to retain as an RFA

b) Giving up a lot in a trade for the right to match Kanter in free agency adds insult to injury, unless you like Kanter as a player.

Now that said, I thought the situation with Brandon Knight would be similar. The Bucks got Tyler Ennis, Miles Plumlee and Michael Carter-Williams in exchange for Knight. I guess Phoenix must really like Knight, but I guess the real head-scratcher is why Philly just gave MCW away for so little.

Philadelphia gave up MCW and got what exactly? Just picks? Edit: Okay, it looks like they get that top-5 protected Lakers pick.

That Lakers pick is valuable because it's only top-3 protected in 2016 and 2017.

Just a quick question
Was Jerrett on the Thunder payroll?
Or was he a D-League FA signing after the trade?

Jerrett was on the Thunder payroll and was a part of the trade. He's a rookie and is signed to a minimum 4-year contract with the last two years (2016-17 and 2017-18) being nonguaranteed.

Trade was worth it just to see SF bitch about it.

Funny, a lot of posters have been saying how *** Kanter is and it seems DL completely agreed with us.

When this deal allows us to have the extra money to sign Wesley Matthews in the off-season I'm going to lol that SF would rather have Kanter's fat, no passing, no defending, lot of bitchin' ***.

You are yet another poster who mosinterprets and then puts words and assumptions into your quoted posts. Baffling that people take you serious when you can't even converse or argue honestly.

I of course would love to see Wes Mathews on our team, but just because something could be, is no gaurantee that it will be. Wes would still have to agree to come here. Yes, we found him, blah, blah, blah, but we are also the team that let him go be ause we didn't have foresight and were unwilling to pay. He is on a Portland team that is in the thick of the plaoff race. They've gotten better every year since they drafted Lillard, and now they are beefing up their bench with the addition of Aflalo. He is adored by Portland fans and team, and is an itegral piece--he might not want to come to a team that will have missed out on the playoffs three years in a row, and is gaining a reputation as a farm team.

Also @Cy:

The point to the post you were responding to is: we sold low, because we weren't prepared. We weren't prepared because we mismanaged an asset. The very guy you think we are going to get, is yet another example of an asset we mismanaged. You might say "well that was on KOC's watch," well guess what? Lindsey brought KOC to town to assist with this fiasco as well--so much for his leadership, eh? I see a GM who wasn't prepared, and therefore caved to a disgruntled player's demands, then called in a superior because he didn't have the nuts to take the flack alone.

Oh, and to add another mistake to my list of Lindsey mistakes, what about this past draft's second round pick? Was that used to get us better or equal value? Don't think so.

GMs are not as stupid as before. They won't pay much for a guy that is posting empty stats, is disliked by ALL his former clubs fans and even the national team's fans. Fans are fans, but what about teammates? No Jazz player liked Kanter. On the contrary they actively wanted him gone, did not they? My point is you could not have gotten much in return anyway. And the worst case scenario would be keeping him.

ghpddqI.png
What is the Chart supposed to indicate?