What's new

AK 47

Was just reading an article that said the general feeling about hinkie around the league is that he is not trustworthy. Sounds true.

I would only like him back for a few minutes in games here and there, unless he proved he was worth more than that. I suspect if he were to come back here his attitude would improve since he likes it here so much, but if so, would it last? Too much baggage probably, but it would make for an interesting story.

Was just reading an article that said the general feeling about hinkie around the league is that he is not trustworthy. Sounds true.

Yep, he's pretty "hinky." That said, AK has a CONTRACT to play basketball. Hinkie has every right to ask that the contract be honored. AK wants to have it both ways: get paid the balance of his NJ/Philly contract, not have to play, be waived and then get more money when he signs with another team. Nowhere have I heard about AK asking for a buyout. That seems like the most sensible solution.

I don't think he would be stealing minutes from anybody, but he usually made those around him better. Great hustle and great passer. He is not a vocal leader, but on the court, he would give his all and be a leader, even if it was just for 10 minutes a game.

76ers Reneged On Agreement To Waive Andrei Kirilenko

The Philadelphia 76ers agreed to release Andrei Kirilenko after their trade with the Brooklyn Nets was agreed upon, according to two sources.

Sam Hinkie hasn't followed through with that handshake deal and the 76ers suspended Kirilenko this week.

"He might have an IQ of 150, but [Hinkie] doesn't seem to realize you have to deal with these people over and over," one league source said.

"No," said another source when asked if Hinkie may have misunderstood the alleged agreement. "I think he started thinking he can just hold onto him and use him at the trade deadline in a package to get something."

Sources indicate Hinkie is gaining a reputation as someone other teams are reluctant to do business with.

"General managers like to call each other and talk, but nobody wants to talk to Sam Hinkie. Nobody trusts this guy," one source said.
Read more at https://basketball.realgm.com/wiret...To-Waive-Andrei-Kirilenko#JMxtQpQybl6ThvQM.99

Yeah I don't believe that kind of reports. I read similar reports about the Rockets GM and if I remember correctly about Masai Ujiri back when he was w/ the Nuggets but what happened? Did any GM stopped talking to them? Did they stop doing trades w/ the Rockets or the Nuggets? So much BS. Hell the Sixers were just involved in a trade(even if minor) a couple of days ago. At the end of the day it's a business.

Ah, the infamous "league sources." Same sources that have been correct on so many trades. Sounds like someone has an axe to grind with Hinkie. A contract is a contract. AK needs to report, play a few minutes and turn an ankle. Or just ask for a buyout.

Yeah I don't believe that kind of reports. I read similar reports about the Rockets GM and if I remember correctly about Masai Ujiri back when he was w/ the Nuggets but what happened? Did any GM stopped talking to them? Did they stop doing trades w/ the Rockets or the Nuggets? So much BS. Hell the Sixers were just involved in a trade(even if minor) a couple of days ago. At the end of the day it's a business.

Everyone knows that morey and ujiri are out for themselves. The article did not say that they wouldn't do business with them, just that they were not going to be buddies with hinkie. Its going yo come back around to these guys someday. You can't always leave the trade with the other team getting a raw deal. There are only so many teams in the league to trade with.

Everyone knows that morey and ujiri are out for themselves. The article did not say that they wouldn't do business with them, just that they were not going to be buddies with hinkie. Its going yo come back around to these guys someday. You can't always leave the trade with the other team getting a raw deal. There are only so many teams in the league to trade with.

Not to mention that the players read about this kinda stuff and become very aware of a GM's reputation. Donald Sterling had such a bad rep long before he got ousted, and it's only common sense that that sort of thing can be the deciding factor if a player is trying to decide between playing for one team or another. It's true that it's a business, but t's also true that business can be affected if the people you do business with don't trust you.