What's new

AK 47

AK's not playing because he's constantly coming up with one injury or another. He should change his initials from AK to DTD. Watched The Bucks - Nets double OT game the other night - AK was at the end of the bench and barely looked into it. AK's made a zillion dollars over the years, he may have just lost his passion for the game. Being traded to a rebuilding franchise certainly won't revive it.

He had passion?

Another idiotic thread from homie. I can't wait for the resign ? Thread or this guy played great today in the d-league post.

Nauseating!

We should just create one big thread for him to live in and lock from the outside.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Another idiotic thread from homie. I can't wait for the resign ? Thread or this guy played great today in the d-league post.

Nauseating!

We should just create one big thread for him to live in and lock from the outside.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Homey rules, so shut your face. This guy follows a bunch of guys, most of whom will never play any meaningful minutes in the NBA, in hopes of finding a diamond in the rough. He goes to watch d-league teams, because that's his only option for where he lives. This guy truly loves the game, and he's been around this board for a long time. He is as original of a poster as you will find here or anywhere else, and I hope he continues his shtick for a long time.
-
One of these days Utah is going to find the next Wesley Mattews, and you can bet your *** that Homey will be right on top of it. Long live the homey.

Last edited:
AK's not playing because he's constantly coming up with one injury or another. He should change his initials from AK to DTD. Watched The Bucks - Nets double OT game the other night - AK was at the end of the bench and barely looked into it. AK's made a zillion dollars over the years, he may have just lost his passion for the game. Being traded to a rebuilding franchise certainly won't revive it.

Was AK ever passionate about the game? I don't think so. Maybe in Europe where he is the man but once he got to the NBA his passion fizzled after he signed the big deal. Has anyone actually see AK play lately. Dude is done. No I wouldn't want him back on the Jazz because he wants to be more than he is.

It is scandalous that Kirilenko is out of the Nets rotation considering that they are struggling heavily till now! I would be happy to see him with the Jazz jersey again...he could get the Ingles minutes.

It's scandalous AK is still getting paid. 13th year for a guy who has one of the worst off-season work ethics in the league. Just look at his stats from last year. He has no range (not that he ever did) and was Shaq-like at the FT line. And this from a guy who made his living driving to the hoop and flailing his arms in the air like an octopus hopped up on meth, just hoping to be bailed out by the refs. AK needs to retire and open a bookstore in Russia where he can sit and read his novels in between waiting on customers.

Was AK ever passionate about the game? I don't think so..

Ak was a very unique and special player at one time. So he didn't live up to his contract. I guess that we just forget all the good things about people when we focus on the negative. Obviously, there is no place for him on our current team, but I will always love Ak for the 5x5 games and the double digit blocks from a small forward. Yes, Ak did have a passion for the game, and he was a very exciting player to watch at one time, regardless of how his career played out.

Ak was a very unique and special player at one time. So he didn't live up to his contract. I guess that we just forget all the good things about people when we focus on the negative. Obviously, there is no place for him on our current team, but I will always love Ak for the 5x5 games and the double digit blocks from a small forward. Yes, Ak did have a passion for the game, and he was a very exciting player to watch at one time, regardless of how his career played out.

What made me such a big fan of his early in his career was his passion, the all-out hustle on every play that distinguished AK from just about everyone else I have ever seen play. It was amazing, but he couldn't keep it up and the hustle plays led to injuries.

It was the injuries that brought his decline because it cost him to lose a step, then two and three. This caused him to stop hustling like he did early in his career because of the likelihood of further injuries. Why he never developed his shooting is a mystery to me; he could've been a good shooter; for instance, one season he started off the season making his first 30 odd foul shots before missing one.

But it was the injuries that killed his career, the injuries brought on by his reckless, kamikaze play, which was his trademark and defined his early greatness, that proved his undoing.

I think AK will end up playing for the Cavs under his favourite coach with whom he won the FIBA EuroBasket in 2007.

Reactions: MVP
Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine
One intriguing option, if Nets wait 'til Dec. 15 when trade market expands, is said to be AK-47 back to Utah for Jeremy Evans/Toure Murry

Don't think so...

Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine
One intriguing option, if Nets wait 'til Dec. 15 when trade market expands, is said to be AK-47 back to Utah for Jeremy Evans/Toure Murry

Don't think so...

Oy vey, please tell me this is a joke. We don't need some dispassionate, non-hard working, uncaring, mopey bitch sitting on the bench setting a poor example for what greatness is.

Reactions: MVP
It's scandalous AK is still getting paid. 13th year for a guy who has one of the worst off-season work ethics in the league. Just look at his stats from last year. He has no range (not that he ever did) and was Shaq-like at the FT line. And this from a guy who made his living driving to the hoop and flailing his arms in the air like an octopus hopped up on meth, just hoping to be bailed out by the refs. AK needs to retire and open a bookstore in Russia where he can sit and read his novels in between waiting on customers.

You understimate AK defensive impact last season....the Nets record was 10-20 when he was injured...he was one of the reasons of Nets turnaround last season. If we speak about his offensive production then it is another argument.
It is unknown why he is out of the Nets rotation...he could still give something to that team.

Where did I say that he wasn't talented? Talent does not mean passion. I think AK played B-ball with a lot of energy when he got in the league but I don't think he was every passionate about the game. All you have to do is look at his work ethic. He was the first to leave the gym according to his teammates. He had other interests that seemed more important to him. It doesn't make him a bad guy nor does it make me a hater. I remember the young AK and I remember how excited I was about him on the team and for that reasons my disappointment is even greater. AK could have been all all time great unique player but he wasn't mentally tough enough and didn't have the passion that is required to be great.

I like AK. Always did when he was able to keep his negative emotions in check. I wonder what affect Snyders style and coaching would have on AK.

It's not like we are using Evans and Murray anyways. So for me it all depends on what AK we would get emotionally.