What's new

AK 47

Andrei should go team up with Dwight Howard and Tracy McGrady somewhere.

This won't happen unless money or a drat pick is involved.

The 10-11 season seems so long ago.

And if Kirilenko retires he can always take up acting and play the dad to the Toaster Strudel kid.

(AK is Russian but he could play the Austrian-looking kid's dad)

Confirmed. And I have to confess, AK gave Masha a free pass that night.
Free pass as in "hey masha, you can go ahead and pass on this stalker piece of **** raping you tonight, I will get the mafia goons to break his legs" type of free pass?

This won't happen unless money or a drat pick is involved.

Hah -- I just posted the same thing in the other AK thread. That is the only way this makes sense. $1M and a 2nd round pick. Nets and Jazz both better financially.

Where did I say that he wasn't talented? Talent does not mean passion. I think AK played B-ball with a lot of energy when he got in the league but I don't think he was every passionate about the game. All you have to do is look at his work ethic. He was the first to leave the gym according to his teammates. He had other interests that seemed more important to him. It doesn't make him a bad guy nor does it make me a hater. I remember the young AK and I remember how excited I was about him on the team and for that reasons my disappointment is even greater. AK could have been all all time great unique player but he wasn't mentally tough enough and didn't have the passion that is required to be great.

10 blocks in a game, not passionate? Obviously, we have different definitions of passionate. I maintain that a small forward with 10 blocks or 5x5 a game is passionate. Really, double-digit blocks from a small forward = not passionate?Don't think so.

Reactions: MVP
10 blocks in a game, not passionate? Obviously, we have different definitions of passionate. I maintain that a small forward with 10 blocks or 5x5 a game is passionate. Really, double-digit blocks from a small forward = not passionate?Don't think so.

Yes we do. You are talking about production. Basketball was not AK's passion, he didn't work on his game in the off season. He was the first to leave practice and whined when he wasn't featured. Again, I didn't say AK wasn't talented but his talent was wasted after he signed the big deal. After his energy declined, he was a shell of his former self.

want us to sign AK just to see ensuing meltdowns.

bench

Exum
Hood
Jingles
AK
Gobert
Booker

I'm game.

The team needs some vets that can teach the young guys about being ready to play for the entire season.

Maybe my point before was too jaded and unclear so I'll restate it in simpler terms. A team as young as us generally signs vets so they can fill a void, yes, but also at the same time lead the young uns, teaching them how to be a pro, how to prepare, how to practice, how to utilize down time, how to maximize one's talent, and so forth. Kirilenko can basically do none of that. It'd be a stupid signing plain and simple.

Maybe my point before was too jaded and unclear so I'll restate it in simpler terms. A team as young as us generally signs vets so they can fill a void, yes, but also at the same time lead the young uns, teaching them how to be a pro, how to prepare, how to practice, how to utilize down time, how to maximize one's talent, and so forth. Kirilenko can basically do none of that. It'd be a stupid signing plain and simple.

https://www.deseretnews.com/article...n-Utah-It-could-happen-per-source.html?pg=all

Trade Idea with Philly:

Dream Trade: Kanter for Kirilenko and the Draft Rights to Dario Saric

Realistic Trade: Kanter for Kirilenko, Tony Wroten, and one of the Sixers' five 2015 2nd round picks.

Realistic Trade v.2: Kanter for Kirilenko, Jerami Grant, and two 2nd round picks

AK has been playing pro ball since he's 15 - his career earnings are over 100 mil not counting the money he made in Russia and whatever Prokhorov paid him under the table. I'm also to understand a lot of the money he made in Utah were set up as deferred payments for which I'm sure he gets a portion of the float.

My guess is he's bored with basketball and doesn't want to continue putting forth the effort involved in remaining an NBA player. His oldest son will probably be in the NBA in about 6 or 7 years. I'm sure he has that to look forward to.

AK is probably done in the NBA after not reporting to Philly this season. Too bad.

AK has been playing pro ball since he's 15 - his career earnings are over 100 mil not counting the money he made in Russia and whatever Prokhorov paid him under the table. I'm also to understand a lot of the money he made in Utah were set up as deferred payments for which I'm sure he gets a portion of the float.

My guess is he's bored with basketball and doesn't want to continue putting forth the effort involved in remaining an NBA player. His oldest son will probably be in the NBA in about 6 or 7 years. I'm sure he has that to look forward to.

His wife is having a baby, so he is waiting to play until after the baby is born. He was probably Hoping the sixers would waive him and he could sign with the cavs of something. At least that is what reporters were saying when he was traded.