What's new

Alex Smith Watch 2010-2011

Perfect example of what I said above Hall had 2x fumbles and an INT but one fumble his OL recovered and ran in for a TD and his D carried the team to a win by getting 3 INT's and scoring, the offense only put up 3 FG's if Alex got half that support the Niners win 3 games this year easy.

It's certainly not on all on Alex, but at some point the numbers don't lie. He makes WAY too many big mistakes. I've never seen so many tipped passes that have led to INT's than Smith (throughout his career, but this year especially). The accuracy just isn't there a lot of the time on short-to-intermediate throws. Unlucky on some of them? Sure. But that has pretty much been the case for Alex his entire career. At what point do you just cut your losses and move on? I think both parties could benefit from a fresh start. It's not meant to be in SF. I wish him well elsewhere (and yes, he will be elsewhere). I honestly think the Niners would at least be 2-3 or possibly 3-2 if they still had Hill at QB. While very unspectular himself, he doesn't press and doesn't try to make plays where their isn't one. He's smart with the football. That's Alex's main problem.

But you are right, the defense has also been a huge disappointment. It doesn't help that they are constantly defending a short field though...

Even the special teams was horrible last night.