What's new

Alex Smith Watch 2010-2011

Good game 2 watch tonight. Smith did a great job in that 2 min drill at the end to tie the game.

Well that was a far better performance than last week. It's just too bad it was still a loss. The 49ers killed themselves with 4 turnovers. Alex Smith played very well tonight. The 49ers still need to clean up the mistakes. They keep killing themselves every week. Now comes another tough test at the 2-0 Chiefs next week. I really don't want to have an 0-3 start. The 49ers better figure some way to win that game.

Damnit 49ers. Why do your losses seemingly always have to be so painful? This **** is getting old.

Smith looked really good in the second half (the only part I watched). He was clutch to tie the game up with less than two minutes to go.

He started slow, but really came to life in the second quarter. I hope this is not an anomaly.

One thing I wondered (in the few games I catch) is why he doesn't run more, not saying a lot but like last night in the 4th he ran a couple of times. I figure early on he didn't want to be known or had to break the stereo type because of the offense at the U and as that and to avoid injury. I think a few times a game when its there would be good and would keep the defense honest.

One thing I wondered (in the few games I catch) is why he doesn't run more, not saying a lot but like last night in the 4th he ran a couple of times. I figure early on he didn't want to be known or had to break the stereo type because of the offense at the U and as that and to avoid injury. I think a few times a game when its there would be good and would keep the defense honest.

Alex always has played better when playing from behind because it puts him in the shotgun regularly, where he's comfortable. He makes more plays out of the shotgun, including running. He stops over analyzing and just plays the game. I agree that him running to move the chains more regularly would be a game changers. For as criticized as he's been throughout his career, he's nearly always been good in the last minute scoring drives because of that ability. In fact, last night he did it too well, it left Brees with too much time obviously. I remember a MNF game back 3 or 4 years ago in which he won the game on a last minute drive where he made several plays running like that. His first game last year when he almost brought them back against the Texans is another example.

It just really makes me wonder if Alex is the right QB for what Singletary wants. What Singletary wants the team to be doesn't seem to fit Alex strengths. I still think Smith can be good enough to lead them to the playoffs in a weak division, but I don't see him as a long term fit. That said, they still would have easily won the football game last night against the SB champs if they didn't turn the damn ball over so much.

I only saw the last drive, but I would be encouraged if I was a Smith fan. I even "like" the fact he threw the two picks. He won't ever be good if he's afraid to make a mistake, and it appears he was throwing downfield. Ball distribution looks better, and the yardage is much better. But that last drive was big.

I'm a little surprised nobody has posted here yet, but I'm here to eat my plate of crow. I can't believe I bought into the hype that was being put out during the off-season. This is the same crappy 49ers team from the last decade. I can't believe I seriously thought they could go 11-5. They are now 0-3. Well I'm done. It's going to be another long painful season. As much as I like Singletary, I don't think he's a good head coach. Why can't this franchise hire a real coach who knows what the hell they're doing? Okay I'm done ranting.

EatCrow.jpg

I'm a little surprised nobody has posted here yet, but I'm here to eat my plate of crow. I can't believe I bought into the hype that was being put out during the off-season. This is the same crappy 49ers team from the last decade. I can't believe I seriously thought they could go 11-5. They are now 0-3. Well I'm done. It's going to be another long painful season. As much as I like Singletary, I don't think he's a good head coach. Why can't this franchise hire a real coach who knows what the hell they're doing? Okay I'm done ranting.

EatCrow.jpg

Better add a serving for me. I thought the 49'ers would go 10-6 this season. There's just too much talent on this team. But the buck has to stop somewhere. The 49'ers make zero adjustments at half-time. And the opponents come out and just put a beating on them.

I'm o.k. with the defensive coaches. Ain't their fault that Singletary and the FO have done nothing to upgrade the secondary. Mike and Jimmy Raye have to go. And they can take Alex Smith with them.

Week 1 all over again, but worse. 4/17 on 3rd down, 5.5 yard average, and he completed exactly 4 passes to receivers. 19 completions to backs and TE's. He only targeted his WR's on 12 of his 43 passes. He's checking down everything. That's not all his fault. He got sacked 5 times and his receivers aren't great, but he can't be making good reads. With Atlanta next week, his career as a starting QB is hanging by a thread.

EatCrow.jpg
I'll give you credit for coming in and owning it. Nobody had called you out yet, but you came back anyway. Props to you.

Niners fire OC Jimmy Raye and bench Spikes and Lewis. I approve. Probably came from management, Singletary loves Raye.

Niners fire OC Jimmy Raye and bench Spikes and Lewis. I approve. Probably came from management, Singletary loves Raye.

That's cold to bench Spikes. He was playing hurt. Lewis I understand and agree with. He's needed to go for a couple of years now. I wish they had a decent CB and could get rid of Clements.