What's new

Alex Smith Watch 2010-2011

I actually do feel bad for the guy. He comes into a make or break year with Raye as his OC, a receiver who was out of the whole camp, and the illustrious Josh Morgan on the other side. Davis is solid, and Gore's good, but it's not a lot to work with. If I was Carolina, I'd pray the 49's cut him. I'll actually see this weekend's game so I'm looking forward to seeing him.

Austin Collie is kicking ***

While Alexis Smith is sucking *** (again. For 4+ years he's been irrelevant)

I never thought Alex Smith was overly impressive while in Utah anyway. Meyer's offense made him look a lot better than he really was, because Meyer just knows how to abuse defenses and abuse matchups. It was especially easy since Utah's recruiting pool is probably 2nd best in the conference, behind TCU.

I think Smith still has potential to be at least an okay QB, but based on what we've heard and seen from the 49ers offense, their OC wasn't the greatest.

Collie is doing great, though. Always good to see local guys go on to be relevant in the pros.

I already ate my crow, but here to eat some more. It looks like Alex Smith's career as a 49er might officially be over. Al Michaels said David Carr was warming up to take over for Smith. I'm so sick of this team sucking. I'm ready to clean house, yet again. Get rid of Smith and Singletary. Get us a head coach with NFL coaching experience. This sucks!!!

Yup, Carr is in. Smith has been benched.

Okay looks like I might be wrong. Going to commercial, it looks like Smith is going back in.

Smith is sucking horribly....

But not nearly as bad as Gore. It wouldn't surprise me if Gore was slipped a nice check before the game by someone in the Eagles organization. He's by far the Eagles best defender out there. I didn't think a RB could be so bad...

Wow what a response by Smith. After all the booing and "We want Carr" chants, he was on the verge of being benched. What does he do? Leads the team down the field for a touchdown, making some big time throws. Why can he do stuff like that, yet suck most of the rest of the time?

Wow what a response by Smith. After all the booing and "We want Carr" chants, he was on the verge of being benched. What does he do? Leads the team down the field for a touchdown, making some big time throws. Why can he do stuff like that, yet suck most of the rest of the time?

Because he's an NFL QB. Just not a good one.

And then throws up a floater when it matters the most. The play would have been called back due to Staley holding, but damn, Smith really sucks. A few plays before he throws that pass for minus yardage. You can't make that throw and burn clock! Put it at the receiver's feet when he's covered at the line of scrimmage. Then he misses the sideline route and can't get it over the lineman on what would have been almost a guaranteed TD to Gore.

Gotta go with Carr next week. I just want Smith and Dingleberry GONE!

If he got that screen pass to Gore he probably would have went all the way to the house but it was deflected. It was a shame because Alex looked good after the talk with Singletary.But in the long run will it matter for the 49ers? This is a terrible defense that only got lucked out by a really dumb decision by McCoy to slide, otherwise Alex wouldn't have even gotten a chance to win it. And Frank Gore is nowhere near the quality of running back he was earlier in his career.

Alex's fumble was horrible but besides that play he played as well as can be expected anybody blaming him for the loss is blind and/or a hater. Glasseater that screen that you mention was not his fault he had to float it over 2x defenders the lineman in his face and a blitzing safety he was athletic enough to jump up and get a finger on it. The last pick to end the game he got hit as he through it not much he could do, he was just avoiding the sack as that would've ended the game anyway.
If you blame this game on anybody blame Gore with his 2x fumbles and the defense for not stepping up when it mattered or not causing/recovering fumbles or even the FG kicker for missing the FG for the lone forced TO. Alex is not a good starting QB but he's not a bad one either, this game is a perfect example, he can't carry the team but and when asked to you see what happens, he overcame a lot of the offense penalties in the game but couldn't over come the TO's or the defense not coming up clutch. I'm not a Niner fan but I thought the D was supposed to be the strength of the team if it truly was the Niners wouldn't be 0-5, Alex has played well enough to win 3 games and played bad enough to lose 2.

Max Hall wins, Alex Smith loses. Life is good.
Perfect example of what I said above Hall had 2x fumbles and an INT but one fumble his OL recovered and ran in for a TD and his D carried the team to a win by getting 3 INT's and scoring, the offense only put up 3 FG's if Alex got half that support the Niners win 3 games this year easy.

Perfect example of what I said above Hall had 2x fumbles and an INT but one fumble his OL recovered and ran in for a TD and his D carried the team to a win by getting 3 INT's and scoring, the offense only put up 3 FG's if Alex got half that support the Niners win 3 games this year easy.

Yup, Hall blew mega chunks but the Saints offense ****ed over the Saints defense for my fantasy team.

When was Alex Smith drafted and how many millions of dollars have the 49ers wasted on him?

When was Max Hall drafted and how many thousands of dollars have the Cardinals invested in him?

And who has the better record right now?

Nuff said.