What's new

All Star Weekend Thread

The boomer energy of complaining about hip hop music in basketball is incredible
LMAO oh noes, someone doesn't like what I like, I better insult them so I put them in their place, oh noes!! boomer boomer ha ha yer a boomer.

Grow up.

LMAO oh noes, someone doesn't like what I like, I better insult them so I put them in their place, oh noes!! boomer boomer ha ha yer a boomer.

Grow up.
Who said anything about what I like?

If they were appealing to me they would have some hardcore/metal band out there. I'm not delusional though and I know what the most popular genre is and I know what appeals to the average basketball fan.

Called it. Man this gets so boring. Do they realize that maybe half of the entire NBA fan base doesn't necessarily listen to any rap music? Just wish they would actually mix it up a bit. Hell bring out AJR for a change of pace. Country. Anything. It is the most boring part of the entire event imo. Hell, mix it up with some reggae or something completely different.

Fwiw the kid laroi is not a rapper

Sent from my iPad using JazzFanz mobile app

The boomer energy of complaining about hip hop music in basketball is incredible
If it was the other way around, would you complain? (Apparently I'm late with this question)

As we have a Finn as a starter I think some heavy metal is warranted. Then again, my personal favorite music genre is.. ..jazz. Blues is great also.

If it was the other way around, would you complain? (Apparently I'm late with this question)

As we have a Finn as a starter I think some heavy metal is warranted. Then again, my personal favorite music genre is.. ..jazz. Blues is great also.
I would love some blues. There would be nothing wrong with them bringing in Gary Clark Jr. or some such. Or Eric Gales, he's great.

The Kid Laroi is more like pop than rap to me at least. I’m sure if you guys listen to the radio you’ve heard his top song.

Really? When I google him it calls him an Australian rapper.
He's a rapper. He's a Juice World clone so he does the genre crossover stuff where it's like post Malone kind of rapping combined with pop and other rock subgenre influences.

People over the age of 40 might have trouble comprehending what gen z artist are like. Not as black/white in genre, but the primary influence is always hip-hop

He's a rapper. He's a Juice World clone so he does the genre crossover stuff where it's like post Malone kind of rapping combined with pop and other rock subgenre influences.

People over the age of 40 might have trouble comprehending what gen z artist are like. Not as black/white in genre, but the primary influence is always hip-hop

I'm in my mid 30's and even I have trouble comprehending it.

Who said anything about what I like?

If they were appealing to me they would have some hardcore/metal band out there. I'm not delusional though and I know what the most popular genre is and I know what appeals to the average basketball fan.
Maybe some Alien Weaponry and Leprous for me, Beast In Black would also be awesome.

But then I'd also love some Nick Cave, Jack L, Camille O'Sullivan, and Stromae.

I'm in my mid 30's and even I have trouble comprehending it.
Eh, there have been artists transcending genres for decades, basically since modern music existed, which is what lead to basic genre divides in the first place. Like the blues but want to down tune the guitar and add growly base-lines, well let's call that hard rock. Want to speed up pop and add a lot of synth-lines and electronic drums, well let's call that new wave. It isn't that hard to comprehend. It is just a matter of personal taste as to what one likes. I liked rage against the machine, system of a down, linkin park, limp bizkit, prophets of rage, all of which took rap styling into heavy music. I am a fan of gorillaz, went to a couple of concerts, some of the best concerts I have been to. Even old school stuff like Run DMC crossed genre lines in some of their music. Genre busting bands have been around forever. It is nothing new.

Some people just get upset when people have different tastes for some reason.

I wondered about how clueless this sounded, until I saw the poster, and realized he was partially trolling again. Today's music isn't significantly different from 40 years ago.