What's new

All Star Weekend Thread

Too much nuance… verdict is in… Utah racist AF.

It is such a dumb thing to do though… I continue to be shocked by the lack of common sense.
It is the ignorant racism that I have found to be so prominent in Utah, and has caused the most stress for my minority family. I have too many examples and am so glad to no longer live in Utah.

I have seen the celebrity comparison done in stadiums a lot, but the comparisons usually have something comparable like hairstyle, etc., not just being Asian. They looked nothing alike.

Same **** happens on this forum too, from moderators no less, and it is not appreciated...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230219_124217_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230219_124217_Chrome.jpg
    332.1 KB · Views: 34
  • Screenshot_20230219_124227_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230219_124227_Chrome.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 34
Can’t believe nobody’s talking about the Legend’s Awards ceremony! McClung- what a story but the Legends Event was the highlight by a mile for me. Ernie with his customarily great original poem for the event. Bill Russell tribute! Bob Lanier tribute! Posthumous and Both complete with career highlights, Lanier’s community Service oriented. .Pau Gasol awarded with the first Bob Lanier community service award. Stockton recognized, introduced and presented by Colin Sexton, both gave really nice speeches. Stock teared up referring to Jerry Sloan, wonderful man he said. Speakers included Holly Rowe, Jaylen Brown, Kareem, Grant Hill and Julius Erving.

Highlights of the event were first Thurl Bailey fronting a five piece band performing Lean on Me as the pictures and names of the NBA folks that passed since last season rolled on the screen. They knocked it out of the park- had no idea that Thurl was that talented! Bill Walton came on to introduce Karl Malone as Legend of the year and absolutely laid everybody out on the floor with his anecdotes. Then Karl, accepting, basically in tears daubing his eyes, even apologetic at times, thanking Stock, Sloan, Larry Miller, Kareem and Dr J. Really heartfelt and great to see!

Last edited:
Can’t believe nobody’s talking about the Legend’s Awards ceremony! McClung- what a story but the Legends Event was the highlight by a mile for me. Ernie with his customarily great original poem for the event. Bill Russell tribute! Bob Lanier tribute! Posthumous and Both complete with career highlights, Lanier’s community Service oriented. .Pau Gasol awarded with the first Bob Lanier community service award. Stockton recognized, introduced and presented by Colin Sexton, both gave really nice speeches. Stock teared up referring to Jerry Sloan, wonderful man he said. Speakers included Holly Rowe, Jaylen Brown, Kareem, Grant Hill and Julius Erving.

Highlights of the event were first Thurl Bailey fronting a five piece band performing Lean on Me as the pictures and names of the NBA folks that passed since last season. They knocked it out of the park- had no idea that Thurl was that talented! Bill Walton came on to introduce Karl Malone as Legend of the year and absolutely laid everybody out on the floor with his anecdotes. Then Karl, accepting, basically in tears dawning his eyes, even apologetic at times, thanking Stock, Sloan, Larry Miller, Kareem and Dr J. Really heartfelt and great to see!
Shut up grandpa

Nope, I don’t. Weird riposte, how about Psychotic maybe?
senior_falls.jpg

Highlights of the event were first Thurl Bailey fronting a five piece band performing Lean on Me as the pictures and names of the NBA folks that passed since last season rolled on the screen. They knocked it out of the park- had no idea that Thurl was that talented! Bill Walton came on to introduce Karl Malone as Legend of the year and absolutely laid everybody out on the floor with his anecdotes. Then Karl, accepting, basically in tears daubing his eyes, even apologetic at times, thanking Stock, Sloan, Larry Miller, Kareem and Dr J. Really heartfelt and great to see!
I didn't know that was a thing. Can we see this somewhere now?

Sent from my SM-A426U using JazzFanz mobile app

I remember Joe Ingles saying that Jordan drinks a ton of Coors Light and it doesn't affect him. Maybe being 30 is making the effects more obvious.

I didn't know that was a thing. Can we see this somewhere now?

Yeah, not really sure. I wasn't able to find anything online right now for it (google or youtube).

I went out to dinner with my family last night and turned on the TV to see Clarkson, Sexton and Kessler accepting the award for the Skills thing and wanted to go back and watch it. I was able to call up the Skills Challenge on my Cox Cable voice control, so perhaps your subscription has that option.
Also, I caught it on NBA.TV today and they always replay things, so there's also that option to check out.

It is the ignorant racism that I have found to be so prominent in Utah, and has caused the most stress for my minority family. I have too many examples and am so glad to no longer live in Utah.

I have seen the celebrity comparison done in stadiums a lot, but the comparisons usually have something comparable like hairstyle, etc., not just being Asian. They looked nothing alike.

Same **** happens on this forum too, from moderators no less, and it is not appreciated...
This is kind of hilarious as Cy gives you the thumbs up and then immediately proceeds to go on an age discrimination rant against yours truly!:rolleyes: