What's new

"Alternative Facts": Trump's War on the Media

Because he said something mean about Bernie?

Nah, lots of people say mean things about Bernie-- Bernie isn't perfect.

I just think he's shown a unique acumen to get to the bottom of some pretty important issues through his show-- and when it came to the Democratic Party, and Hillary, and the policies of many Dems, he simply blew it. Completely blew it, and continues to blow it. His show just became a bash-Trump & go-Hillary coronation, without diving into how the Democrats have let America down (a reality that NO one confronts), but why Trump isn't the answer.

--

That would be a lot more substantive than what he's been doing.

Nothing is going on though. Sweden has relaxed their definition of what counts as rape, and thus the number of reports and investigations has increased. There is also the fact that Sweden's population has increased by about 5% in the last decade, so I'd like to see the time frame for those statistics.

Of course, and that does make a difference, but should it account for a 20% rise?

There was a graph linked in a recent Vox article I would have cited, but it was from 97-01, so practically useless. Don't even know why they used it. I'm driving and my phone is on the fritz, but I'll come back with data.

Of course, and that does make a difference, but should it account for a 20% rise?

The changing of criteria of what deems sexual assault? Umm yeah, it would account for a *much* larger rise.

There was a graph linked in a recent Vox article I would have cited, but it was from 97-01, so practically useless. Don't even know why they used it. I'm driving and my phone is on the fritz, but I'll come back with data.

Here's a source from a Swedish law professor

Firstly, in Sweden there is a noticeably broad definition of what constitutes rape. This means that more acts in Sweden are regarded and registered as rape than in the majority of other countries. Secondly, in Sweden a lot of effort is made to register all cases that can be suspected to be rape. As this is done at a very early stage of the process, cases are included that later turn out to be some other sex crime, or even no crime at all. In addition to this, all individual acts are registered — not just the latest occasion or the main crime. In many other countries cases like these are filtered out and do not show up in the statistics.

And it is not only in the area of rape where these differences are noticeable. Sweden stands out within the entire area of crimes against the person in particular, because the registration of crime is more extensive than in the majority of other countries in Europe. This forms the background to, for example, the fact that ten times as many cases of assault are registered in Sweden as in Greece.

This has all been continuously expanded over the past two decades.

This source shows how exposure in sexual assault for the population hasn't changed since 2006, despite the higher number of reported sexual crimes: https://www.bra.se/download/18.5e2a4a6b14ab1667599108/1441722493456/2015_1_NTU_2014.pdf and https://www.bra.se/download/18.35c681d4143337cb6b29e9/1395068367808/2013_1_NTU_2013.pdf

Nah, lots of people say mean things about Bernie-- Bernie isn't perfect.

I just think he's shown a unique acumen to get to the bottom of some pretty important issues through his show-- and when it came to the Democratic Party, and Hillary, and the policies of many Dems, he simply blew it. Completely blew it, and continues to blow it. His show just became a bash-Trump & go-Hillary coronation, without diving into how the Democrats have let America down (a reality that NO one confronts), but why Trump isn't the answer.

--

That would be a lot more substantive than what he's been doing.

He is out for ratings and entertainment. But that is what I watch for. I get my news from better places than a joke show that does a few "investigation" pieces. I like Samantha Bee's takes even less since she is pretty extreme but she is really funny and I enjoy her interviews. I tried to keep watching the Daily Show after the new host but it just isnt the same. I watch clips every now and then but it was a big drop off. I really wanted to be supportive and like him since he is from the same country as my wife, South Africa.

Nothing is going on though. Sweden has relaxed their definition of what counts as rape, and thus the number of reports and investigations has increased. There is also the fact that Sweden's population has increased by about 5% in the last decade, so I'd like to see the time frame for those statistics.

yeah right,

just how netherlands releaxed their hate crime laws.

my great-aunt got SHOVED by a refugee from who knows what hellhole she came from because she got no passport or did.
my great-aunt was hospitalized, and is now in a wheelchair for the rest of her live.

out of nowhere this refugee who was in this country for free. living of taxpayer dolars of my aunt, decided to go to macdonalds, to get a burger with money she got from taxpayer. and saw my greataunt there and realized she was a jew. so out of nowhere "refugee" shoved my greataunt and she fell, all witnessed by her jewish grandson.
and you go like aah don't be a *****, it was a lil shove, if that's so, whenever your 78, give me a call let me come shove you, see if you survive.

meanwhile after my greataunt was in hospital for a few weeks. we found out, that "refugee" is not getting charged for "HATE crime" that's not a problem since i think hate crimes are wrong and racist. but the "refugee" in question wont be charged for a crime at all. not deported. in fact she still gets free housing and a nice amount of cash.

so stuff like this YOU DO NOT SEE IN THE STATS.

fact of the matter is when a country is not progressing and is in a perpetual ****ty backwards state. it is no accident! it is because people make the bed they lay in.

and dont give me this is anecdotal CRAP. because this is not an isolated incident.
the mainstream media is not reporting on this. and they did not report on my aunt, even though we got the security footage.

so yeah, sooner or later you will see the sweden truth.

infarct i wont be surprised if mods infarct me for this post!

I don't think it's true. I blast neolibs constantly, and think their views differ strongly from mine-- but I don't consider them to be bigots. Exhibit A, John Oliver. Obviously not a bigot-- obviously his worldview differs from mine.

--

Anyone who looks at the sewage that Milo says, and *doesn't* consider him to be a bigot is simply stupid. Bill Maher isn't much better, referring to trans as "weird ppl" on TV.

But Yiannopoulos does it to get people worked up, right? Progressives go CRAZY when someone suggests something as innocuous as questioning the common wisdom of the wage gap. So Yiannopoulos takes advantage of that by kicking it up a notch. I've listened to/read a lot of his **** first hand, and once you know how to filter out the trolling and the ego, you can find some insights in the pile of garbage. I also think the media's characterization of Milo and other "alt-right" figures is kind of a useless narrative between good and evil.

Does Yiannopoulos or Maher want society to restrict the rights of any of its citizens? Not really. They're both, understandably, weary of the how mainstream progressivism morphed into a movement that attempts to dictate what is acceptable for people to say or think. Maher is more serious, but Milo is a troll who simply sees how angry people get when you attack their worldviews, so he made a career out of it.

Thanks for the explanation.

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using JazzFanz mobile app

also even iff i was never gonna step foot in usa, or if i was not patriotic to israel. i am against the globalist UN agenda, UN wants to do like outlaw guns for every single civilian worldwide(something for now only USA can stop).
or agenda 2020(or whatever it is called now, since it changed names so many times) is also about taking freedom away. freedom of owning property etc etc

like it or not, if i vote or not in your election, it has a helluva impact on the rest of the world

Does Yiannopoulos or Maher want society to restrict the rights of any of its citizens? Not really.

actually that could be said as:

Does the left or the right want society to restrict the rights of any of its citizens? Not really.

both want the same thing a happily ever after! but the way to get there differs.

But Yiannopoulos does it to get people worked up, right? Progressive go CRAZY when someone suggests something as innocuous as questioning the common wisdom of the wage gap.

The liberal establishment bubble does.

So Yiannopoulos takes advantage of that by kicking it up a notch. I've listened to/read a lot of his **** first hand, and once you know how to filter out the trolling and the ego, you can find some insights in the pile of garbage. I also think the media's characterization of Milo and other "alt-right" figures is kind of a useless narrative between good and evil.

Dude went to rallies with the intention of doxxing people, or getting them evicted. I'm sorry, that's a ****-stain move. I don't care to absolve people with evil messages just because they may have nailed a thing or two (Hitler is the easy example here).

Does Yiannopoulos or Maher want society to restrict the rights of any of its citizens? Not really.

Well they use language and empower movements that do, so in effect it's the same.

They're both, understandably, weary of the how mainstream progressivism morphed into a movement that attempts to dictate what is acceptable for people to say or think. Maher is more serious, but Milo is a troll who simply sees how angry people get when you attack their worldviews, so he made a career out of it.

Bill Maher is weary of the "non-issue" that is the politically-correct era, because much of his lame comedy relies on saying things that are no longer okay to say. He is textbook-deffiniton out of touch.

The liberal establishment bubble does.

Ya, so political correctness is an issue. For example, Christians are treated very poorly by atheists and other secularists. It is perfectly okay to be a dick to Christians (it is, btw), because of their "history and power" or some ****. Acting the same way toward Muslims will make you the enemy of all that is free and decent. Yiannopoulos sees this, so he goes on Twitter and starts trashing Muslims or women or transgendered people, because joining the chorus trashing Christians and whites is no fun.

Dude went to rallies with the intention of doxxing people, or getting them evicted. I'm sorry, that's a ****-stain move. I don't care to absolve people with evil messages just because they may have nailed a thing or two (Hitler is the easy example here).

You mean his opponents started doxxing Republicans and conservatives in response to Milo being invited to speak, like this time

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2017/jan/11/milo-yiannopoulos-invite-sparks-malicious-attack-o/

And of course they justified it by making the usual claim about how their victims are subhuman bigots anyway. I am not familiar with every doxxing incident, and I know the alt-right engage it all the time (both sides do). So I don't know of any incidents where Milo himself doxxed someone.

Well they use language and empower movements that do, so in effect it's the same.

Bill Maher is weary of the "non-issue" that is the politically-correct era, because much of his lame comedy relies on saying things that are no longer okay to say. He is textbook-deffiniton out of touch.

Again, their point is that everyone should be able to speak their mind, without fearing for their lives or careers because it goes against what you referred to as the liberal bubble. There is nothing shocking or Hitlerisque about opposing same-sex marriage. Someone who donated to a "traditional marriage" cause shouldn't have a million people harassing their employer until they are fired. It is a corruption of liberalism and it should not be tolerated. We shouldn't have rallies that try to force universities to drop Western Civ courses. As a liberal, I find this **** 1000 times more offensive than some idiot talking about establishing a whites-only nation.

seeing as i am seen as a "low information moron", do you by any change know if they relaxed their definition of what counts as a GRENADE attack!

C1wxRpOXAAAoYd_.jpg

did they also relax, robbery, theft, assault definitions?

Ya, so political correctness is an issue. For example, Christians are treated very poorly by atheists and other secularists. It is perfectly okay to be a dick to Christians (it is, btw), because of their "history and power" or some ****. Acting the same way toward Muslims will make you the enemy of all that is free and decent. Yiannopoulos sees this, so he goes on Twitter and starts trashing Muslims or women or transgendered people, because joining the chorus trashing Christians and whites is no fun.

You mean his opponents started doxxing Republicans and conservatives in response to Milo being invited to speak, like this time

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2017/jan/11/milo-yiannopoulos-invite-sparks-malicious-attack-o/

And of course they justified it by making the usual claim about how their victims are subhuman bigots anyway. I am not familiar with every doxxing incident, and I know the alt-right engage it all the time (both sides do). So I don't know of any incidents where Milo himself doxxed someone.

Again, their point is that everyone should be able to speak their mind, without fearing for their lives or careers because it goes against what you referred to as the liberal bubble. There is nothing shocking or Hitlerisque about opposing same-sex marriage. Someone who donated to a "traditional marriage" cause shouldn't have a million people harassing their employer until they are fired. It is a corruption of liberalism and it should not be tolerated. We shouldn't have rallies that try to force universities to drop Western Civ courses. As a liberal, I find this **** 1000 times more offensive than some idiot talking about establishing a whites-only nation.

Will respond longer in a second, but you're doing that think that you tend to do lately-- taking the sentiments of the stereotypical 23 year old, and applying them to me. Question before you assume.

Will respond longer in a second, but you're doing that think that you tend to do lately-- taking the sentiments of the stereotypical 23 year old, and applying them to me. Question before you assume.

I reread what I said, and I don't see where I made assumptions about you. But I will await your response.

Both sides of the spectrum have their own version of political correctness. On the left, it includes being sufficiently sensitive to minority or traditionally marginal groups (among other things), while in the right includes being sufficiently patriotic, including showing expected respect during pledge of allegiance (you'd think the Kaepernick thing was the end of the world given how some on the right were in such full frothing outrage over it) or showing expected deference to authority, partiucularly police and military, or showing due respect for POTUS (at least now that Trump is in power, not so much under Obama).

I think both sides could probably due with relaxing the sphincter a bit and adopting a bit more of a live and let live approach. Way too many people getting outraged about way too many things. I just don't know how some people can enjoy life at all with how easily and frequently they are outraged all the time.

Both sides of the spectrum have their own version of political correctness. On the left, it includes being sufficiently sensitive to minority or traditionally marginal groups (among other things), while in the right includes being sufficiently patriotic, including showing expected respect during pledge of allegiance (you'd think the Kaepernick thing was the end of the world given how some on the right were in such full frothing outrage over it) or showing expected deference to authority, partiucularly police and military, or showing due respect for POTUS (at least now that Trump is in power, not so much under Obama).

I think both sides could probably due with relaxing the sphincter a bit and adopting a bit more of a live and let live approach. Way too many people getting outraged about way too many things. I just don't know how some people can enjoy life at all with how easily and frequently they are outraged all the time.

sorry but you are wrong on the right.
you dont know us!

another personal attack why dont you answer my question.

did they relax the definition of grenade attacks?

I don't consider it a personal attack, I consider it a statement of fact. Your presence is a blight on this discussion board. You are immune to reason, facts, nuance, complexity, and anything else necessary to have reasonable discourse. There are many informed, intelligent persons on the right. You are not one of them.

I don't answer your question because I don't give a sh**, and because engaging with you is a complete waste of time.

I don't consider it a personal attack, I consider it a statement of fact. Your presence is a blight on this discussion board. You are immune to reason, facts, nuance, complexity, and anything else necessary to have reasonable discourse. There are many informed, intelligent persons on the right. You are not one of them.

I don't answer your question because I don't give a sh**, and because engaging with you is a complete waste of time.

go ahead keep vilifying the opposition. if we ar enot nazi's, bigots, racist, homophobes and othe revil **** you call us. we are just plain stupid right!