What's new

America is great and everything is NOT Pres. Trump's fault thread

Of course, but it's disproportionate.

Right, because tax cuts that mostly target the middle class would be minimal. They don't pay a lot of taxes. So by their nature, tax cuts mainly reduce the tax burden for high earners.

Right, because tax cuts that mostly target the middle class would be minimal. They don't pay a lot of taxes. So by their nature, tax cuts mainly reduce the tax burden for high earners.

Should I let someone else call BS on this?

More positive news! More jobs for the middle class and wages going up! Awesome!! https://www.dailywire.com/news/37905/boost-gop-great-october-jobs-report-hank-berrien

The Wall Street Journal noted:

Among people ages 25 to 54, when decisions about school or retirement are less likely to influence whether people are in the work force, 82.3% are participating in the labor force and 79.7% have jobs. Both figures are now at their highest levels since the recession and its immediate aftermath.

Fox Business noted, “Businesses are advertising for a record number of job openings and several companies, including Amazon and Walmart, have hiked their minimum wages in a bid to lure and retain employees …"

Business Insider pointed out that the report should help the GOP on Tuesday: “Overall the jobs report reflected the tightest labor market in several years, one putting pressure on employers to raise worker pay. It bolsters the Trump administration's talking point on the economy just days before Tuesday's midterm elections amid a record streak of monthly hiring gains in the U.S.”

BLS reported that Hurricane Michael, which made landfall in the Florida Panhandle on October 10, 2018, “had no discernible effect on the national employment and unemployment estimates for October."

Thomas Simons, senior money market economist at Jefferies LLC, stated, “As has been the case for a while now, there really aren’t any holes to poke in these numbers.”

MarketWatch concluded, “The strongest labor market in decades is powering a U.S. economy that’s likely to set a record for the longest expansion ever by next year … For now there’s little about the economy about which to complain.”

How is it ********? I thought it was common knowledge that the vast majority of tax revenue comes from the rich.

If I'm wrong, I'm more than happy to be corrected.

Of course it does, because they are earning a much higher share of the income. Wage/income gaps are insane. But let's raid Social Security, Medicare, etc.

Last edited:
People who blame Trump would've blamed Hillary anyway. Some people will always complain about government and president. It doesn't matter who it is.

People who blame Trump would've blamed Hillary anyway. Some people will always complain about government and president. It doesn't matter who it is.

Trump is toxic to who we are regardless of the economy. And he can't take credit for the economy two years into his Presidency any more than most Presidents can.

And again, has the vast majority of American's lives improved? About 75% of American live paycheck to paycheck, pay bills with credit cards and have little to no savings. The rich(very very rich) are fleecing America.

Last edited:
Trump is toxic to who we are regardless of the economy. And he can't take credit for the economy two years into his Presidency any more than most Presidents can.

And again, has the vast majority of American's lives improved? About 75% of American live paycheck to paycheck, pay bills with credit cards and have little to no savings. The rich are fleecing America.

Well yeah. I m not saying he is a great president. I m saying I m not blaming everything about my life on him.

I just don’t think there will be a solution that will make everyone happy. That’s all I m saying

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz

Coal Industry is getting stronger! More jobs and higher wages for the middle class!!
https://dailycaller.com/2018/11/02/coal-country-donald-trump/

Coal mining jobs are actually down the last two months, and basically flat over the same period as last year. Coal miners are being thrown out of work by automation, not industry struggles.

Would you like to go back to the best coal miner employment of the last 20 years? That would be 2012, when Obama was POTUS.

https://data.bls.gov/timeseries/CES1021210001

I like it. I'm gonna correct them next time someone says your brain is smaller than a fruit fly's.

What about Trump decimating ISIS, possibly bringing an end to the war in Iraq?

Or how about having the equivalent of a Reagan-Gorbashev summit with Kim? We are now on the brink of ending the war against North Korea and seeing peace on the Korean Peninsula!