What's new

America is great and everything is NOT Pres. Trump's fault thread

What about Trump decimating ISIS, possibly bringing an end to the war in Iraq?

Or how about having the equivalent of a Reagan-Gorbashev summit with Kim? We are now on the brink of ending the war against North Korea and seeing peace on the Korean Peninsula!

WRT North Korea, we've been down this road before. I'm hopeful, but not expectant.

As for ISIS, again he did not botch up the work his predecessor and the coalition had done, and is finishing the job. He deserves some credit for that.

I agree with the title. America is a great and every problem is definitely not Trumps. The vasts majority of problems in this world are not Trumps fault and have nothing to do with him.

Trump is not making America great again because it already was and it keeps getting better despite him.

The world is becoming a better place slowly but surely. We are murdering less people and letting people live their lives how they want more and more. Trump is fighting the live their lives part but thats okay, it just means more people standing up for themselves and others.

I think Trump has been great for this country. He has caused more people to pay attention to politics and give a **** about things around them. More people are united and caring in spite of him and some because of him. His policies have set some stuff back but nothing that wont be undone when he is gone.

The only real thing he ****ed up badly is pushing a supreme court justice in that has a agenda and that is not what we need in that position. They should be more neutral and not someone who is going to try and push their parties agenda. But that goes both ways.

Its also weird how much we credit or blame we give the presidents for the Economy. They have very little impact on that. Yet its the main thing a lot of people judge them on. Also some of the changes they do make and the influence they do have is very delayed and often the wrong person is getting the blame or credit for the economy. The fact that we credit Clinton for how great the economy was and blame Bush is really just luck or unlucky for them.

Pretty damn good post. America is still great and life is good despite having s scumbag for a president. Our reputation around the world is probably worse due to other countries seeing that we elected a scumbag for a president but as i said, life is good and america is great still.

In other news, its time to select insurance at my company and my insurance premiums went up by 18 dollars per week, he max out of pocket went up a bunch, the deductable went up a bunch, and the amount they actually cover after the deductible is met decreased. Still waiting to see my paychecks get bigger to all those awesome tax cuts btw. (Dont think that will ever happen)

More positive news! More jobs for the middle class and wages going up! Awesome!! https://www.dailywire.com/news/37905/boost-gop-great-october-jobs-report-hank-berrien

The Wall Street Journal noted:

Among people ages 25 to 54, when decisions about school or retirement are less likely to influence whether people are in the work force, 82.3% are participating in the labor force and 79.7% have jobs. Both figures are now at their highest levels since the recession and its immediate aftermath.

Fox Business noted, “Businesses are advertising for a record number of job openings and several companies, including Amazon and Walmart, have hiked their minimum wages in a bid to lure and retain employees …"

Business Insider pointed out that the report should help the GOP on Tuesday: “Overall the jobs report reflected the tightest labor market in several years, one putting pressure on employers to raise worker pay. It bolsters the Trump administration's talking point on the economy just days before Tuesday's midterm elections amid a record streak of monthly hiring gains in the U.S.”

BLS reported that Hurricane Michael, which made landfall in the Florida Panhandle on October 10, 2018, “had no discernible effect on the national employment and unemployment estimates for October."

Thomas Simons, senior money market economist at Jefferies LLC, stated, “As has been the case for a while now, there really aren’t any holes to poke in these numbers.”

MarketWatch concluded, “The strongest labor market in decades is powering a U.S. economy that’s likely to set a record for the longest expansion ever by next year … For now there’s little about the economy about which to complain.”

As was said previously in this thread, the economy being good is not always a direct reflection of anything the current president (trump or any other president) is doing or has done. Especially after 1 year.

What about Trump decimating ISIS, possibly bringing an end to the war in Iraq?

Or how about having the equivalent of a Reagan-Gorbashev summit with Kim? We are now on the brink of ending the war against North Korea and seeing peace on the Korean Peninsula!

That is good stuff. I agree.

WRT North Korea, we've been down this road before. I'm hopeful, but not expectant.

As for ISIS, again he did not botch up the work his predecessor and the coalition had done, and is finishing the job. He deserves some credit for that.
Some time ago a hypothetical and somewhat crazy thought/idea came to my mind:

What would happen on the global scale, if both Koreas and USA agree to move US military bases from South Korea to North Korea, preferably near the border of Russia and China? ;-)
1. US taxpayers should be happy assuming the TCO is much lower compared the expenses while keeping the bases in South Kora?
2. South Korea should be happy - some of the land will be freed and is available for development.
3. Japan would be somewhat neutral - when i visited Japan this spring, then i had a chance to read an interview from the APA Hotel magazine between a high rank APA official and some high rank japanese politician. Both were to my surprise somewhat cautious regarding the North Korea - USA meeting.
4. North Korea's economy should boom.
5. China and Russia would be really ANGRY. :)

I agree with the title. America is a great and every problem is definitely not Trumps. The vasts majority of problems in this world are not Trumps fault and have nothing to do with him.

Trump is not making America great again because it already was and it keeps getting better despite him.

The world is becoming a better place slowly but surely. We are murdering less people and letting people live their lives how they want more and more. Trump is fighting the live their lives part but thats okay, it just means more people standing up for themselves and others.

I think Trump has been great for this country. He has caused more people to pay attention to politics and give a **** about things around them. More people are united and caring in spite of him and some because of him. His policies have set some stuff back but nothing that wont be undone when he is gone.

The only real thing he ****ed up badly is pushing a supreme court justice in that has a agenda and that is not what we need in that position. They should be more neutral and not someone who is going to try and push their parties agenda. But that goes both ways.

Its also weird how much we credit or blame we give the presidents for the Economy. They have very little impact on that. Yet its the main thing a lot of people judge them on. Also some of the changes they do make and the influence they do have is very delayed and often the wrong person is getting the blame or credit for the economy. The fact that we credit Clinton for how great the economy was and blame Bush is really just luck or unlucky for them.
The economy thing is mainly because the president always takes credit for it. They tout it to no end. It is as if they created the economy from their personal mix of magic and fairy dust. And they more or less completely ignore it if it goes badly.

Fish wrong again. Trump has hired more women to high level positions than any other president, but the media wont tell him that.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/thehill.com/opinion/white-house/369112-trumps-first-year-in-office-was-the-year-of-the-woman?amp

Trump also pushed for six weeks maternity leave and called it "new parents" leave to be LGBT inclusive!
And fathers. I really doubt he was being LGBTQ+ inclusive specifically. It was probably for fathers. The other part was just a talking point, not the purpose.

Not a trump supporter, I think he's a jackass. But I don't hate him with the same vitriol that most people around me do (...I live in Berkeley). I do agree with some of the things he's done.

Trump/the immediately current political climate aside, America is still great. Work has taken me around the globe, and I've only visited one country (Switzerland) where I'd rather live.

not to mention the right is winning the culture wars!

Memes are powerfull. that is why they will become illegal in eu in 2019/2020!

today was a peak in another meme war! we got ben shapiro to do a meme review!

the next generations will be even more conservative! THIS IS EPIC!

Libertarian, just want governments to stop making entrepreneurs illegal, if you laugh you've never attempted making business! Poor people is excuse used for tyrants, but they are better cared for by a free prosperous charitable people. Trump understands this concept somewhat, never met a liberal who has. He is shallow but doesnt hate libertarians! I will vote for him next election.