What's new

And with the 4th pick, the Utah Jazz selects....

And with the 4th pick, the Utah Jazz selects

• Exum

Votes: 32 53.3%
  • Randle

Votes: 10 16.7%
  • Gordon

Votes: 11 18.3%
  • Smart

Votes: 5 8.3%
  • Vonleh

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • Other (please specify below)

Votes: 1 1.7%

• Total voters

The Midnight

#Baby_Talk
Contributor
So we're sitting 4th (for now), let's just say nobody jumps into the lottery and we got the 4th pick and the following players are gone:

Wiggins
Jabari
Embiid

Who would you guys take next???

Exum
Randle
Gordon
Smart (meh)
Vonleh

Let's hear it

-----------------------------------------

I'm going with Randle obviously and playing him at SF:

Favors
Kanter
Randle
Hayward
Burke

There are so many more question marks with that second-tier of guys. If we choose 4th I say we trade up to get in the top-3 (assuming Parker declares - otherwise it's top-2). If Embiid's broken bone heals as Drummond's did he will be a beast. Parker, Wiggins or Embiid - we need to make a move for a cornerstone.

Gordon probably will be drafted around 10, Smart 8 or 9...

Am I the only one who reads Exum as exhume? Or is that how it is supposed to be pronounced?

Isn't it funny how Exum hasn't played 1 college game, or any meaningful game over the past 6 months, yet everyone seems to give him a free pass???

The Harrison brothers were ranked ahead of him, but have really suffered from playing in College this year.

I would take Exum because I think if their is a hidden superstar this is the guy. I personally think Parker has all the makings of a potential bust. Undersized for PF, too slow for SF, plays under the rim, bad defense, and bad lateral movement. I also think he will fight weight issues.

Wiggins
Embiid
Exum
Randle
Parker

I would take Exum because I think if their is a hidden superstar this is the guy. I personally think Parker has all the makings of a potential bust. Undersized for PF, too slow for SF, plays under the rim, bad defense, and bad lateral movement. I also think he will fight weight issues.

Wiggins
Embiid
Exum
Randle
Parker

Plays under rim? The guy is a great shooter and post up player. If anything I would say Wiggins has more bust potential of never reaching his ceiling.

Id take Gordon at this point. I still want to see some measurables to know some more clear differences.

Reactions: MVP
I'll be one of the few lone holdouts for Smart after the top 3. I just like his fire, and I honestly think fire mixed with talent is usually the recipe for success in professional sports. Granted I know people question the 2nd part of equation for Smart, and I would agree his shot concerns me. Plus the Jazz really seem to lack someone who seems to really care out there, and it bugs the hell out of me.

Seriously though, I'd be pretty happy with Exum, Randle, and Gordon at that spot too, in that order of happiness.

Vonlah is the only one that would dissapoint me with the 4th, though I tend to give any guy the Jazz draft the benefit of the doubt.

And this comes with the standard "what the hell do I know" clause since there are guys I thought would be great or decent who turned out to be average or awful. Granted he was a pick in the 20s, but I thought Almond was a good pick...holy hell that guy sucked in the NBA.