What's new

Any news on Rubio?

He was walking around without a limp. Probably wanted to make sure he was ok for a possible game 7

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

They keep saying it was sore and he misses a game or part of a game then comes back the following game or I think one time he missed a game and a half with it.

I hope he's back they are going to need everything they got for Houston. They have more than 2 good players (3 if you count Adams).

He probably can play limited minutes, depending on the severity of the injury. Just to hold down the fort at crucial parts of the game. Exum doesn't look capable of doing that yet.

I just wish Exum displayed “fire” on the court. I still have hope for him but he seems to get rattled. Burks looked good so hopefully he can gain some rhythm.

Exum looks devoid of confidence, might not have the mental aptitude to overcome constantly being pulled
No.

Don't blame this on the staff. They tell him to be aggressive. He wasn't pulled because he took bad shots, he didn't take the shots OKC was giving him. He has to play the role of pg in the offense. By that I mean he has to be able to exploit defensive schemes. When you pass up open shots it affects the whole team play.

I still have hope for X. But he needs to work on his flaws, not look for different systems. You are not going to be able to play loose defenses with no rim protection all the time. You may have to loosen them up by taking a few open shots. No way is his lack of confidence in taking a 10 to 15 footer over Ray Felton! on the coaches. And no way you Can leave him in in the play offs when he passes those shots up. Like I said, I still have hope he can develop. But only if he works on what the coaches give him. He has to work with the development staff, not shy away from trying stuff they give him to do.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using JazzFanz mobile app

No.

Don't blame this on the staff. They tell him to be aggressive. He wasn't pulled because he took bad shots, he didn't take the shots OKC was giving him. He has to play the role of pg in the offense. By that I mean he has to be able to exploit defensive schemes. When you pass up open shots it affects the whole team play.

I still have hope for X. But he needs to work on his flaws, not look for different systems. You are not going to be able to play loose defenses with no rim protection all the time. You may have to loosen them up by taking a few open shots. No way is his lack of confidence in taking a 10 to 15 footer over Ray Felton! on the coaches. And no way you Can leave him in in the play offs when he passes those shots up. Like I said, I still have hope he can develop. But only if he works on what the coaches give him. He has to work with the development staff, not shy away from trying stuff they give him to do.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using JazzFanz mobile app
Yep I've been an Exum defender, But he's been a big disappointment in this series. AB deserved the minutes over him in that game and I'll give him credit for playing pretty well.

I think it would be smart to sit him for game 1. Both because it gives him more time to heal and because it might give the Jazz something of an advantage because The Rockets will have less to scout while the Jazz will have a couple of days to draw up a gameplan.

Yeah I don't know what it is but Exum is just missing something. Maybe it is just confidence, maybe smarts, maybe a killer-instinct. Maybe it is just maturity. I don't know but he seems like just such a kid out there, even compared to others his same age, let alone with his time in the league. I don't mind him playing but he needs to listen to the coaching staff and do what they tell him. I think this is one difference. They said they told Mitchell like 7 or 8 things he needed to work on over the summer right after the draft and he came into camp having mastered like 5 of those things already. Exum gets asked to just make the basic basketball play (like take the open shot) and he doesn't. I don't get it. But right now I would rather see Burks or Neto, even with Burks' lack of BBIQ and Neto's size and athleticism deficiencies, than Exum.

Yeah with not even a full 48hrs between games I think he should sit game 1. I think the NBA is gifting this one to Houston. I think Jazz steal game 2 with Rubio back.

I think Houston will look past this game and think it’s in the bag because we’re missing Rubio and essentially on a back-to-back with no prep. It will throw off the game plan for them when Royce starts and I feel good about our chances to take both games in Houston.

Bring back Deron for a final troll job on CP3.
The career trajectory for those 2 could not be more different. CP3 is still highly effective, dangerous in his own right, a true star and first ballot HOF'er. Williams seems like he has been an old man for the past like 3 years. Is he even on a team now? Man that sucked. We could have had CP3.

The career trajectory for those 2 could not be more different. CP3 is still highly effective, dangerous in his own right, a true star and first ballot HOF'er. Williams seems like he has been an old man for the past like 3 years. Is he even on a team now? Man that sucked. We could have had CP3.
Yet he could still come back and best him one last time.