What's new

Any news on Rubio?

I'd say rest Mitchell, Ingles, Gobert and Favs. Start Udoh, Exum and Burks. Rest for G2.

**** that.
Let’s go out there with Mitchell, O’Neal, jingles, favs, gobert, crowder, jerebko, Burks, X, and Neto and beat their asses.

No Rubio doesn’t kill us. Plenty more bullets in the gun. TEAM remember. One player doesn’t make or break us.
Don’t doubt these guys. They make people look foolish for doubting all the time.

I think Houston will look past this game and think it’s in the bag because we’re missing Rubio and essentially on a back-to-back with no prep. It will throw off the game plan for them when Royce starts and I feel good about our chances to take both games in Houston.
Hell yes! If we did that I think they melt down and fall apart in classic D'antoni and Houston and CP3 style.

Without Rubio we are toast. Sorry, but they are a better team than us anyway. Now missing a key piece and we are done. Only hope is to somehow get one of the 3 first games, get Rubio back, and go nuts. Not very likely.

O’Neale deserves to average >26mpg this series until Rubio gets back.

I know Burks was good, but man you cannot be caught sleeping for 1 second against these Houston wings. As totally *** as Exum has been, I trust him more out there than Burks at this point.

I wonder what Quin’s gonna do. Should be interesting.

Without Rubio we are toast. Sorry, but they are a better team than us anyway. Now missing a key piece and we are done. Only hope is to somehow get one of the 3 first games, get Rubio back, and go nuts. Not very likely.

Correct. If we can steal a game in these first two games, we stand a chance. Otherwise we are gonna get buzzsawed— Houston knows how to defend well. Ingles needs to have a career-defining series.

Correct. If we can steal a game in these first two games, we stand a chance. Otherwise we are gonna get buzzsawed— Houston knows how to defend well. Ingles needs to have a career-defining series.

I said before the Thunder series I saw a lot of similarities to the last time the Jazz lost the final game of the regular season to miss out on home court and then played Melo's team in Round 1. Sure enough, the Jazz won games 2, 3, 4 & 6--just like they did vs Denver in 2010.

And now, the Jazz also lost to a Euro player to injury in the first round--just like Memo in 2010. Hopefully, they don't get swept in Rd 2 like the 2010 Jazz.

I said before the Thunder series I saw a lot of similarities to the last time the Jazz lost the final game of the regular season to miss out on home court and then played Melo's team in Round 1. Sure enough, the Jazz won games 2, 3, 4 & 6--just like they did vs Denver in 2010.

And now, the Jazz also lost to a Euro player to injury in the first round--just like Memo in 2010. Hopefully, they don't get swept in Rd 2 like the 2010 Jazz.

We structurally match up FAR better than the 2010 Jazz did with the 2010 Lakers, incomparably so

If he misses 10 days, this is gonna be real tough. I hope it's just one game.

Smart course of action is for Rubio to sit out both games at Houston. Then hope to hold down the fort for the two home games and set up a best of 3 series. Jazz are going to need a healthy and hot Rubio to have a chance at the upset. Can't have him come back too early and re-aggravate.

This might be a blessing in disguise Rubio being out. If we play more of our wings to defend Harden, Paul, and Gordon it might help us just because they are taller. They are going to be jacking threes alot, and the more contesting we get on those the better. With Rubio and Mitchell out there they will get more shots off.

I really like our chances. This is a different team than when we played them earlier in the year.

May 8 is ten days away, and that's when game 5 is scheduled.

It seemed like we struggled offensively with Rubio out, even more than normal.

I wonder if westbrook's push off had anything to do with Rubio aggravating the hamstring.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Would we still be toast if harden and cp3 got injured in game 1?

Don’t count your chickens before they hatch.

No.

Don't blame this on the staff. They tell him to be aggressive. He wasn't pulled because he took bad shots, he didn't take the shots OKC was giving him. He has to play the role of pg in the offense. By that I mean he has to be able to exploit defensive schemes. When you pass up open shots it affects the whole team play.

I still have hope for X. But he needs to work on his flaws, not look for different systems. You are not going to be able to play loose defenses with no rim protection all the time. You may have to loosen them up by taking a few open shots. No way is his lack of confidence in taking a 10 to 15 footer over Ray Felton! on the coaches. And no way you Can leave him in in the play offs when he passes those shots up. Like I said, I still have hope he can develop. But only if he works on what the coaches give him. He has to work with the development staff, not shy away from trying stuff they give him to do.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using JazzFanz mobile app

Not sure you're picking up what I'm putting down here... the staff are not at fault at all, they need to do what's best for the team to win games, playoffs are not th we time to help players develop.

I clearly stated I don't think he has the mental tools at this point to overcome his lack of confidence, it's on him not the coaches.

I see him doing well in a different faster paced system, a non contender team.

Not sure you're picking up what I'm putting down here... the staff are not at fault at all, they need to do what's best for the team to win games, playoffs are not th we time to help players develop.

I clearly stated I don't think he has the mental tools at this point to overcome his lack of confidence, it's on him not the coaches.

I see him doing well in a different faster paced system, a non contender team.

He's been going out there with aggression, making a good move or putting on the burners, then dropping/squirting the ball out of bounds. He has to hold on to the ball and find a way to finish the move.
If he did that he would get more minutes in the games.

Pictures from today's Jazz practice show Ricky on the court in work-out attire. It seems like a good sign, but nothing suggests anything less than the expected 10-days.

Pictures from today's Jazz practice show Ricky on the court in work-out attire. It seems like a good sign, but nothing suggests anything less than the expected 10-days.
I'm not counting on anything. Good that he's up and testing it out though.

I shouldn't look at pictures on the phone....what I thought was Rubio is probably a Jazz trainer.

I suck.