What's new

Any news on Rubio?

No.

Don't blame this on the staff. They tell him to be aggressive. He wasn't pulled because he took bad shots, he didn't take the shots OKC was giving him. He has to play the role of pg in the offense. By that I mean he has to be able to exploit defensive schemes. When you pass up open shots it affects the whole team play.

I still have hope for X. But he needs to work on his flaws, not look for different systems. You are not going to be able to play loose defenses with no rim protection all the time. You may have to loosen them up by taking a few open shots. No way is his lack of confidence in taking a 10 to 15 footer over Ray Felton! on the coaches. And no way you Can leave him in in the play offs when he passes those shots up. Like I said, I still have hope he can develop. But only if he works on what the coaches give him. He has to work with the development staff, not shy away from trying stuff they give him to do.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using JazzFanz mobile app
It's not one's fault. He missed most of the season with shoulder surgery. He hasnt had time to build up confidence in his shot. He came in during a tight playoff race and just played to his strengths. He hasnt had time to develop his weaknesses during the season.

The career trajectory for those 2 could not be more different. CP3 is still highly effective, dangerous in his own right, a true star and first ballot HOF'er. Williams seems like he has been an old man for the past like 3 years. Is he even on a team now? Man that sucked. We could have had CP3.
Nah, Dwill was better. Chris Paul would have forced his way out of Utah just like he did in New Orleans. D-Will was better during his time in Utah than Paul was in New Orleans. The Jazz also got a better trade package for Dwill.

Rubio's hamstring was bad enough he didnt even try to comeback. He isnt playing game 1. I wouldnt be surprised if he missed game 2 either.

Why are we playing again so soon? Not usually a big issue, but in this case it is. Why not GS and Pels? They need more rest?

I think Houston will look past this game and think it’s in the bag because we’re missing Rubio and essentially on a back-to-back with no prep. It will throw off the game plan for them when Royce starts and I feel good about our chances to take both games in Houston.

Royce ****ing with harden early. I like it.

It's not one's fault. He missed most of the season with shoulder surgery. He hasnt had time to build up confidence in his shot. He came in during a tight playoff race and just played to his strengths. He hasnt had time to develop his weaknesses during the season.

Weakness being dribbling?

100% he needs to be benched for game 1, pulled hamstrings are no joke. If we have any aspiration of beating the Rockets (let alone the Warriors after) we need a completely healthy and recovered Rubio.

Rubio will miss G1 per Tony Jones. And he could miss up to one week. Not necessarily bad news though cuz i do think we should take more time preping for G3 and G4. We don't stand a chance on G1 anyways given the short period of rest from the game last night

Game 2 isn't til Wednesday and game 3 is TBD as of now but obviously Friday will be the earliest the game is scheduled which is exactly one week after the re-aggravation of the hammy. He's definitely out the first game with a high likelihood he's out game 2. Having said that, game 2 is five days after this flare up and that could be enough time for it to heal. I doubt it since he was so quick to get the hook last night but it could be.

My hope is that game 3 isn't until Saturday, a full 8 days later.

If we could someone sneak game one or two in Houston, and Rubio comes back for that game 3 fully healthy, holy ****. Strap in for a ****ing ride.

More than anything, no matter what happens though, I want to win at least one game in this series. I don't want another sweep like last year.